Talk Wrestling Online: Forum

Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dsrchris View Post
    I agree with Jack. If anyone could actually get away with the "black trunks & black boots" deal right now, it'd be this guy. The trick is to essentially make him Goldberg-esque, without making him a shoddy tribute act.
    Yeah, that's right. You don't want to give the fans the impression you've created a clone but you do want him to be similar enough for the fans to compare the two and anticipate a Goldberg-like run.
    Fight Forum Leader: Fight Forum

"A boxing match is like a cowboy movie. There's got to be good guys and there's got to be bad guys. And that's what people pay for - to see the bad guys get beat. In the films the good guy always wins, but this is one bad guy who ain't gonna lose"

vCash
    He'd look a lot more bigger without the RVD-esque unitard.

Wrestling Genius
    vCash
    Are you kidding? It looks like that thing is about to burst due to his massive frame.

I can dig it. I lived through Goldberg and hated it and I don't care to see it again. TERMINATER SINGLET FTW!
    Entertainment Forum Leader: Entertainment Forum

Harm No Thing Unless Attacked Then Don't Look Back Tearing It Limb From Limb
    Gently Bend Them Bones Again
    Respond
    Take Out The Broken Parts
    The Speaker Is Now Broken You Respond

THE GAME

Legend in the making Ciaran The King's Avatar
    vCash
    Thinking about it again I loved Taz in ECW and he wore a singlet and he actually did FTW
    "Every time youíre a 9, Iím a 10. If youíre a King, Iím an Ace. Iím always just a little bit better than you."

Wrestling Genius
    vCash
    That was when FTW = f*ck the world not for the win.

Stupid internet.
    Entertainment Forum Leader: Entertainment Forum

Harm No Thing Unless Attacked Then Don't Look Back Tearing It Limb From Limb
    Gently Bend Them Bones Again
    Respond
    Take Out The Broken Parts
    The Speaker Is Now Broken You Respond

THE GAME

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dsrchris View Post
    Well I did say it's something tricky to get the balance right. I'm not meaning black boots and black trunks literally, I mean instead of trying to give him a gimmick and one of (what appears to be) RVD's old unitards, he'd be the kind of guy who be perfectly fine in bland plain ring gear with no discernible gimmick as such, just mowing through bitches left right and centre. We don't need to know much about RyBack right now, other than "holy sh*t, look how he just destroyed that guy", so they can let the character and the personality and so on develop later.

I do like the "feed me more" line though, and him announcing when it's time to to finish his opponent. Overall I'm waay more impressed than I ever expected to be. To go to this from being Skip Sheffield is a helluva leap, and I'm hoping it all works out.
    I agree totally. It's a fine line.

Quote Originally Posted by Ciaran The King View Post
    It's strange to think why WWE didn't package Tensai is the same vein as Ryback. Tensai has all the attributes going for him to be a wrecking ball yet just because of his time in the orient that made him look a fool, yet with Ryback he just straight up mean
    Albert being in Japan gives him a gimmick - and Vinnie Mac LOVES giving people gimmicks.
    I'm a Daddy - Amy-Rose born on 23rd December 2010

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Da Showstoppa View Post
    Albert being in Japan gives him a gimmick - and Vinnie Mac LOVES giving people gimmicks.
    Who can ever forget Aldo Montoya
    "Every time youíre a 9, Iím a 10. If youíre a King, Iím an Ace. Iím always just a little bit better than you."

vCash
    Really impressed with Ryback so far and I hope they continue to build this undefeated streak for a long time. He needs to beat some jobbers for a few more weeks before moving onto some bigger names and even beating some guys in 2-on-1 handicap matches.

vCash
    Ryback putting down Henry by Summerslam sounds about right

vCash
    i don't see the hate for tensai, i think him and ryback have had real solid starts.

rybacks attire is due to him having a terminator gimmick back in fcw which got em the name ryback. But he doesn't need to arm pump as much. He needs to use the lariat as much as he can since i haven't seen anyone else in the roster that can actually give one mean lariat stan hansen style
    STRAIGHT **** EDGE **** SOCIETY

CO HOST OF THE TWO COMMUNITY PODCAST! WEBSITE

R.I.P Eddie Guerrero

R.I.P Mitsuharu Misawa

Thread Information