Talk Wrestling Online: Forum

Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
    New Forum User
    vCash
    Lets hope he actually wrestles a lot and doesn't end up a big bust.

Legend in the making Ciaran The King's Avatar
    vCash
    I can't see it myself, he's coming over as a crowd pleaser so as long as they don't rush him into anything Ryback should be fine
    "Every time youíre a 9, Iím a 10. If youíre a King, Iím an Ace. Iím always just a little bit better than you."

vCash
    Once again, he dominated. I gotta admit...one of my favorite gimmicks is the "Unstoppable Force" gimmick. And Ryback has just done it perfectly for 3 straight weeks. "FEED ME MORE!".

I know this would never happen and probably shouldn't, but I think a good angle for Ryback to really explode would be to put him on RAW for a few weeks. Get him over BIG TIME. Have him beating people like Miz, Swagger, and Otunga. Then, Brock Lesnar is delivering a promo and...BAM! Ryback comes from nowhere and smashes him. Then.....You hear Paul Heyman's music and he simply walks to the top of the walk way and says "The NEXT. BIG. THING.".

Should they do this? Probably not. Would I love if they did this? Yes.

vCash
    I'm really digging Ryback at the moment, he's kind of like Goldberg was when he debuted in WCW, it just looks like no one can stop him! Saying that i have this horrible niggling feeling he's going to end up just like Goldberg in WWE, Batista, Lesnar, Lashley etc. As in he'll make a huge impact, win a few belts including a world title, main event a 'Mania or 2, then just up and leave.

Wrestling Genius
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    Saying that i have this horrible niggling feeling he's going to end up just like Goldberg in WWE, Batista, Lesnar, Lashley etc. As in he'll make a huge impact, win a few belts including a world title, main event a 'Mania or 2, then just up and leave.
    In other words have a more successful career than most wrestlers ever get a chance to?
    Entertainment Forum Leader: Entertainment Forum

Harm No Thing Unless Attacked Then Don't Look Back Tearing It Limb From Limb
    Gently Bend Them Bones Again
    Respond
    Take Out The Broken Parts
    The Speaker Is Now Broken You Respond

THE GAME

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxximus View Post
    In other words have a more successful career than most wrestlers ever get a chance to?
    Well yeh of course they'll have more success than most, but it'd be nice to have a character like him around for a long time, as opposed to a couple years.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ciaran The King View Post
    It's strange to think why WWE didn't package Tensai is the same vein as Ryback. Tensai has all the attributes going for him to be a wrecking ball yet just because of his time in the orient that made him look a fool, yet with Ryback he just straight up mean
    You can't really have two guys doing the same squash gimmick. Ryback works. Tensai, not so much.

I think the best part of Ryback's gimmick for me is that they give the jobber a mic. They cut a promo then get murderized by Ryback. Like he's there just to get these fools the f*ck off our TVs. He's making the WWE a better place.
    ---

\\ WEBSITE || TWITTER //

---

Wrestling Genius
    vCash
    Yeah, Ryback is a character to build. Tensai's there to help buffer the main event scene.
    Entertainment Forum Leader: Entertainment Forum

Harm No Thing Unless Attacked Then Don't Look Back Tearing It Limb From Limb
    Gently Bend Them Bones Again
    Respond
    Take Out The Broken Parts
    The Speaker Is Now Broken You Respond

THE GAME

vCash
    The nature of having a Goldberg type who squashes guys makes it harder for them to transition into a more rounded character and have a long-term career.

I mean, Goldberg is the best example of the genre, and WCW still had no idea what to do with him after he won the title.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt Denton View Post
    You can't really have two guys doing the same squash gimmick. Ryback works. Tensai, not so much.

I think the best part of Ryback's gimmick for me is that they give the jobber a mic. They cut a promo then get murderized by Ryback. Like he's there just to get these fools the f*ck off our TVs. He's making the WWE a better place.
    Oh man, I love that they give jobbers a mic. I haven't seen this week's yet, but did he have a speech impediment too?

"I fawt this was suppose ta be the gweatest pwace on Earf."

TWO Senior Moderator

UK and US Scene Forum Leader: UK Scene Forum / US Scene Forum

------------
    "Don't look at our crotches while we synchronise our watches.
    BEEP BEEP BOOP BEEP BEEP BOOP BEEP BEEP BEEP BOOP
    SYNCHRONIIIIIIIISED"

#DamnitDean
    (>ლ)
    ------------

Thread Information