Talk Wrestling Online: Forum

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack View Post
    Really?

I like Claudio but Hero is the archetypal indy wrestler who really doesn't know how to work. Roaring elbows! No selling! Sloppy strikes! Fighting spirit!!! Ugh. Just terrible. It works to a certain extent, and it works on the indy scene to guys who pop for Davey Richards kicking someone in the head, but it's not a style which translates well. As much as the typical WWE style deserves criticism, it's better for a mainstream audience than the indy style which does have flaws.

Hero is awful. He looks like a fat teenage girl with no tits. He is corny, he can't strike and even though he's a got a smooth style, he's not realistic enough.
    .....Wow.

I completely disagree with everything said in that post.....
    http://youtube.com/shaolinhandlock (Language Warning)

http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCx276JE__kjbcn9U8hcgYBA (My second channel, for my instrumental music and other stuff)

http://www.reverbnation.com/shaolinakashaolinhandlock (Language Warning)

ShaolinHandLock: The #1 Kung Fu Movie Expert on TWO!

Wrestling Genius
    vCash
    So does this guy

<-----
    Entertainment Forum Leader: Entertainment Forum

Harm No Thing Unless Attacked Then Don't Look Back Tearing It Limb From Limb
    Gently Bend Them Bones Again
    Respond
    Take Out The Broken Parts
    The Speaker Is Now Broken You Respond

THE GAME

vCash
    To be fair to Hero he's nowhere near as bad as Jack suggests. He can and a lot of the time does get sucked into the typical indy Puro-aping overkill, but literally everyone who works at a main event level on the indies works indy overkill matches to a certain extent, even a guy like Bryan who is lauded as a super worker, because thats what indy main events look like and what that audience wants.

Hero is more than capable of working smart and getting more out of less. There's a great Shelley match along those lines, just off the top of my head. I have no doubt he'd be able to adapt to WWE style the same way guys like Punk, Bryan and so on have.

Legend in the making Ciaran The King's Avatar
    vCash
    Hero given time will fit right into WWE. With someone like Punk getting ahead in WWE it bodes well(hopefully) for people such as Hero, Claudio, Black and other's
    "Every time youíre a 9, Iím a 10. If youíre a King, Iím an Ace. Iím always just a little bit better than you."

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Redman View Post
    To be fair to Hero he's nowhere near as bad as Jack suggests. He can and a lot of the time does get sucked into the typical indy Puro-aping overkill, but literally everyone who works at a main event level on the indies works indy overkill matches to a certain extent, even a guy like Bryan who is lauded as a super worker, because thats what indy main events look like and what that audience wants.

Hero is more than capable of working smart and getting more out of less. There's a great Shelley match along those lines, just off the top of my head. I have no doubt he'd be able to adapt to WWE style the same way guys like Punk, Bryan and so on have.
    Bryan did get into that 'indy spotfest sh*t' routine for a short time and I think it's some of the most disappointing work he has been involved in. For years he was capable of brilliant matches without having to resort to those tactics and he should have continued with that winning formula. It just wasn't needed. It detracted from his work.

As much as people want to criticize the WWE, what they want from the wrestlers is realism. They don't like the high spot, no selling style and that's something I agree with. Guys like Arn Anderson, Finlay, Dean Malenko etc., are great at structuring realistic wrestling matches that you simply don't see from the high level indy guys. Wrestlers like Hero, Super Dragon, Steen, Generico, Richards etc., are not capable of putting on realistic matches in the way someone like Daniel Bryan is. I'd say that Bryan was suited to the WWE's realistic style and adjusted to fit the indy style, rather than someone like Hero who would have to adjust to the WWE's style.

Put Hero in the WWE and after a few matches, you'd have him doing his stupid, weak strikes and his choreographed moves and the fans would be sat on their hands. It's not what they want to see. They don't want to see a long haired, pale, flabby guy spin around and land an elbow which wouldn't knock a golf ball off it's tee and then look to the crowd and scream. The WWE's audience don't 'get' that sort of wrestling and, in my opinion, rightly so. It's garbage.

Daniel Bryan knows how to work. You could put him in the British wrestling circuit in the 70's and he'd get over by bending wrists. Put him in the NJPW scene of the 90's and he'd get over by being brilliant technically. He's a good enough wrestler to do anything you want and is one of the best talents the WWE have ever had. Chris Hero is not of that calibre. He suits the indy style and has managed to get over with a few thousand fans who are sat there thinking "Look at this great heel work, he's working the fans right now. Fantastic. I'm giving him an extra star on my ratings" but that doesn't translate to what the WWE want.

What he needs to do is spend ages in FCW learning how to build a proper match. He needs to learn psychology, he needs to improve the basics and maybe then he can have a decent career. Right now though, the WWE fans wouldn't care less about him.
    Fight Forum Leader: Fight Forum

"A boxing match is like a cowboy movie. There's got to be good guys and there's got to be bad guys. And that's what people pay for - to see the bad guys get beat. In the films the good guy always wins, but this is one bad guy who ain't gonna lose"

Wrestling Genius
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack
    Chris Hero blabbity blabbity blabbity blah
    HAVE AT YOU!

Entertainment Forum Leader: Entertainment Forum

Harm No Thing Unless Attacked Then Don't Look Back Tearing It Limb From Limb
    Gently Bend Them Bones Again
    Respond
    Take Out The Broken Parts
    The Speaker Is Now Broken You Respond

THE GAME

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ciaran The King View Post
    But unfortunately when he does like something we get sh*t like Natalya's farting gimmick. To think a man who has that wealth and who has managed a company so successfully can be so moronic.
    Someone said, he's a Millionaire who should be a Billionaire - but then we are talking about a man who seriously wanted his daughter's wedding to be live on PPV (Hunter and Steph and Linda put the brakes on that one)
    I'm a Daddy - Amy-Rose born on 23rd December 2010

vCash
    Even if that did happen it would have been made into some wrestling segment
    "Every time youíre a 9, Iím a 10. If youíre a King, Iím an Ace. Iím always just a little bit better than you."

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ciaran The King View Post
    Even if that did happen it would have been made into some wrestling segment
    Oh there's a better one I remembered just now. Remember Stephanie being pregnant and drugging HBK? Vince wanted to do a whole "who's the daddy" angle. And the culprit he wanted? SHANE!!!
    I'm a Daddy - Amy-Rose born on 23rd December 2010

vCash
    I do believe Linda and Stephanie put the kibosh on that idea pretty swiftly.

Thread Information