Talk Wrestling Online: Forum

Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast
    Legend in the making Ciaran The King's Avatar
    vCash
    To think they rubbished a title that had so many memories, I vividly remember watching HHH/Rock at Summerslam 1998 battling in a Ladder match for the then prestigious IC title.
    "Every time youíre a 9, Iím a 10. If youíre a King, Iím an Ace. Iím always just a little bit better than you."

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ciaran The King View Post
    To think they rubbished a title that had so many memories, I vividly remember watching HHH/Rock at Summerslam 1998 battling in a Ladder match for the then prestigious IC title.
    Yeah, me too. I think the biggest memory for me was Shawn pursuing Bret for a year and coming up short (including the first WWF ladder match)
    I'm a Daddy - Amy-Rose born on 23rd December 2010

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Da Showstoppa View Post
    Yeah, me too. I think the biggest memory for me was Shawn pursuing Bret for a year and coming up short (including the first WWF ladder match)
    You just reminded me about the Ladder matches, absolutely brilliant matches. Also back then winning the IC title sort of said you were ready for the World title.
    "Every time youíre a 9, Iím a 10. If youíre a King, Iím an Ace. Iím always just a little bit better than you."

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ciaran The King View Post
    You just reminded me about the Ladder matches, absolutely brilliant matches. Also back then winning the IC title sort of said you were ready for the World title.
    Yeah, Shawn actually said in his book (or was it Jericho?) that he'd have been happy just to have won it. Plus as you say, it was a real "this guy is a future main eventer" honour to have.

There's just far too many belts around now, and also the IC and US titles are thrown around principally as props.

Wrestling Genius
    vCash
    I kinda agree. The problem is that there is way to much history behind both the United States and Intercontinental titles for them to be done away with or incorporated into a midcard title of some kind.
    Entertainment Forum Leader: Entertainment Forum

Harm No Thing Unless Attacked Then Don't Look Back Tearing It Limb From Limb
    Gently Bend Them Bones Again
    Respond
    Take Out The Broken Parts
    The Speaker Is Now Broken You Respond

THE GAME

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxximus View Post
    I kinda agree. The problem is that there is way to much history behind both the United States and Intercontinental titles for them to be done away with or incorporated into a midcard title of some kind.
    The US title effectively died with WCW in any case. One WWE title, the IC replaces the World title (because it's the "b" title anyway) and the US title could be the third tier one.

Wrestling Genius
    vCash
    Yeah, I don't like the sound of that. I think the titles are fine the way they are. it makes sense with two shows anyhow. They just need to find a way to make the titles important again.
    Entertainment Forum Leader: Entertainment Forum

Harm No Thing Unless Attacked Then Don't Look Back Tearing It Limb From Limb
    Gently Bend Them Bones Again
    Respond
    Take Out The Broken Parts
    The Speaker Is Now Broken You Respond

THE GAME

vCash
    Yeah, I don't like the sound of that. I think the titles are fine the way they are. it makes sense with two shows anyhow. They just need to find a way to make the titles important again.
    My plan would involve ending the split (which is all but gone anyway)

vCash
    They just need to find a way to make the titles important again.
    And to do that they need to keep SD and Raw completely separate. All the Raw super-shows need to end and each star has to keep to their own show. The only time a superstar needs to be on the opposite show would be for a brand supremacy situation.

That way the titles are kept apart and each show can build the titles back up with inter-brand matches and rankings.

vCash
    Well they did screw up with the IC title back in the day when they gave it to the Mountie.

Bret vs Piper at 'Mania VIII was another awesome IC match. BUt you only had 4 PPVs back then, so it wasn't over saturated and you had more time to build big feuds leading into a PPV which meant the fans cared more about it (in my opinion).

Anyway, where's my sandwich?
    Marriage is a wonderful institution, but who wants to live in an institution?

Thread Information