Talk Wrestling Online: Forum

Page 1 of 62 1231151 ... LastLast

Thread: WWE NXT 2013

vCash

WWE NXT 2013

I wanted to know if anyone in the community is watching NXT? And what do you think about the job William Regal is doing with the program? This past episode William Regal was in rare form getting a foot/head massage during one of the matches. He has taken this show and has made it must see T.V. for all fans of wrestling.

William Regal- "You would be so disappointed if you ever got anything from me. Im not used to ladies of your caliber at all."

Maxine- "It wouldn't take much... Mr. Regal...I wouldn't be disapointed."

William Regal- "It wouldn't be much...believe me..."

Not to mention all the fun taking place back stage
    Last edited by FreeSpirit; 29-09-2012 at 06:35 AM.
    "Every since I was a little Hulkamaniac, the T.V. title has been defended every week brother!!!!" - Hulk Hogan

vCash
    Its a big call, but with Superstars dropping off in quality since 2011 its almost like NXT is the new Superstars, where ten people watch it and find some awesome stuff going on when nobody is looking. The entire Bateman/Maxine/Curtis/Kaitlyn shenanigans, Regal on commentary, guys like Trent, Tyson, Yoshi, Usos doing work, guys like Riley and Percy getting some time, and etc.

Cant wait to see Regal and Maxine this week.

Also, last week was the first time I watched Mike McG and didnt think he was utterly useless. Looking forward to the Tyson match too.

Also this can be the ongoing NXT thread.

Legend in the making Ciaran The King's Avatar
    vCash
    NXT is a gem of a programme, alright so it's not advertised properly and given enough attention but the matches on there can be very good
    "Every time youíre a 9, Iím a 10. If youíre a King, Iím an Ace. Iím always just a little bit better than you."

vCash
    First time I've watched NXT in ages, and I gotta say, William Regal alone makes it worth watching. The man's a genius.

The commentary during the massage section is amazing:

"Do you know, my brother had both his hands cut off in an accident? Yeah, terrible shame, he turned to crime and became a professional doughnut stealer"

"Oh my Lord, can you find my liver? I left it in a bar in Vegas somewhere..."

"The tears are running down my legs..."

"Don't let anybody see m'bald spot, love"

"I'm all ****-a-hoop here!"
    Last edited by Inno; 23-03-2012 at 12:58 AM.
    Swig of beer for the workin' man.
    -- Steve Austin

~~~ ~~~ ~~~

// Tweet! // WrestleHolic // eBay Stuff! // The Inno View //

vCash
    I just tune in to all wrestling programs due to the fact that i'm a wrestling junkie. I find myself not being able to wait for next week episode of NXT tho. Do you guys think that since its less than an hour long that it seems to be filled with more entertainment and would a 2 hour program water down the product? Or is William Regal just that FN brilliant? Or are they just hot right now?

And Superstars isn't doing that bad either.
    "Every since I was a little Hulkamaniac, the T.V. title has been defended every week brother!!!!" - Hulk Hogan

vCash
    NXT is so much better now that they've stopped dressing it up as a gameshow with those ridiculous challenges. I think of it as Superstars with storylines.

Regal has always been this brilliant hasn't he? He's hilarious.

There's such a big difference in quality between this and Raw/Smackdown though. Not the actual wrestling but the backstage segments and storylines. I particularly notice it in the Kaitlyn/Bateman/Maxine/Curtis story. Curtis seems to be the only one of the 4 who can act. Kaitlyn and Bateman remind me of an amateur dramatics exercise and Maxine isn't much better. Is this just because they're not as experienced as the guys on the main shows? I don't remember Kaitlyn being this bad when she was on Smackdown before. Is it the writing thats poorer? Or maybe they get more freedom on NXT to diverge from the script and they're not doing it for the better?

Obviously I don't expect NXT to be up to the exact same standards as Raw but I was surprised just how big the rift is.
    "I'm Mr McMahon and I'm the man! It says so in my name! McMAAAAN!" - Drew McIntyre

vCash
    Regal, hands down needs to be on a bigger show - he's entertaining in every segment he's in and his commentary is fantastic. HE should be the new GM of SD and Raw.
    I'm a Daddy - Amy-Rose born on 23rd December 2010

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Maximinn View Post
    There's such a big difference in quality between this and Raw/Smackdown though. Not the actual wrestling but the backstage segments and storylines. I particularly notice it in the Kaitlyn/Bateman/Maxine/Curtis story. Curtis seems to be the only one of the 4 who can act. Kaitlyn and Bateman remind me of an amateur dramatics exercise and Maxine isn't much better. Is this just because they're not as experienced as the guys on the main shows? I don't remember Kaitlyn being this bad when she was on Smackdown before. Is it the writing thats poorer? Or maybe they get more freedom on NXT to diverge from the script and they're not doing it for the better?

Obviously I don't expect NXT to be up to the exact same standards as Raw but I was surprised just how big the rift is.
    I think the deal with those guys is that this storyline is supposed to be a ridiculous, cheesy, overacted soap opera drama. Thats how they're acting because thats what they are.

vCash
    Oh, the exchange with Maxine and Curtis just before the kidnapping of Matt Striker:

Maxine: Why would you have chloroform?
    Curtis: Why WOULDN'T I have chloroform?

Swig of beer for the workin' man.
    -- Steve Austin

~~~ ~~~ ~~~

// Tweet! // WrestleHolic // eBay Stuff! // The Inno View //

TWO Hall of Fame Member
    vCash
    I'm watching NXT now, apart from Regal's commentary I will now be watching every week for Kaitlyn.

Wowzers. I'm all c0ck-a-hoop.

Paige doesn't need me any more.

So now I've started the ALEXA BLISS bandwagon. Fear the Bliss.

Thread Information