Talk Wrestling Online: Forum

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    TWO Hall of Fame Member
    vCash
    - All FCW events currently scheduled for this coming weekend will go on as planned. FCW President Steve Keirn is denying the rumors of FCW shutting down. All talents are at school today and as of this writing, no official announcement has been made.

PWInsider just updated their story and reports that sources within WWE state there are no plans to shutdown WWE's developmental territory Florida Championship Wrestling. The show on the Brighthouse Network is scheduled to end however.
    From LordsofPain who have taken it from PWInsider. Two very different stories being told here...

Paige doesn't need me any more.

So now I've started the ALEXA BLISS bandwagon. Fear the Bliss.

vCash
    Not entirely shocked, after they did the same thing with the Jim Cornette-run original OVW and the Les Thatcher-run HWA years ago. OVW and HWA produced essentially an entire generation of stars from John Cena to Brock Lesnar to Shelton Benjamin to many others. Once again, WWE makes a wrong move, although this is the same company that doesn't mind losing upwards of $1,000,000 on every film they make...
    Go here...and read stuff...

http://www.thewrestlingpress.com/

Christopher Hitchens, April 13th, 1949-December 15th, 2011. Hitchens was a great man, who taught many how to think, but not what to think.

vCash
    Is Trips maybe trying to find out who the leak is with some mis-information being fed?
    Swig of beer for the workin' man.
    -- Steve Austin

~~~ ~~~ ~~~

// Tweet! // WrestleHolic // eBay Stuff! // The Inno View //

Legend in the making Ciaran The King's Avatar
    vCash
    If it is to be true then WWE are making a massive mistake
    "Every time youíre a 9, Iím a 10. If youíre a King, Iím an Ace. Iím always just a little bit better than you."

vCash
    Monday night, an unreliable online news source published an erroneous report that WWE was shutting down operations of our developmental facility, Florida Championship Wrestling (FCW). In order to set the record straight, WWE.com interviewed WWE’s Executive Vice President of Talent, Paul Levesque (also known as WWE Superstar Triple H) to address this issue.

“It is absolutely not true. FCW is not closing,” Triple H said. “I don’t know how the rumor started but I believe it’s a situation where the ‘dirt sheets’ want to believe they have the scoop on everything. If anything, we are in the process of ramping up our entire developmental system. It’s the lifeblood of our company. It’s what feeds our future and in no way are we going to close it down.”

Levesque also addressed plans to relocate training or FCW TV tapings out of its home of Tampa, Fla.

“There are plans in the works, but nothing definitive I can discuss right now,” he said. “Shortly after WrestleMania, there will be a major announcement about our developmental system.”

He continued, “WWE’s developmental system is being revamped, not shut down. If anything, it’s going to get bigger and better than ever. WWE Developmental cultivates the future talent of WWE. By no means is it going to get smaller or shut down.”
    From wwe.com
    http://www.wwe.com/inside/fcw-future-triple-h
    "I'm Mr McMahon and I'm the man! It says so in my name! McMAAAAN!" - Drew McIntyre

vCash
    I dont get what all the fuss is about, if they do close FCW, they'll just open up another developmental territory elsewhere. Whether its in Florida or Chicago, it wont make a difference.

vCash
    It will if decent guys who could have a future can't afford to relocate to the new school.

All seems by-the-by now though, if anything it looks like there's going to be more developmental territories popping up, which is a great thing.
    TWO Senior Moderator

UK and US Scene Forum Leader: UK Scene Forum / US Scene Forum

------------
    "Don't look at our crotches while we synchronise our watches.
    BEEP BEEP BOOP BEEP BEEP BOOP BEEP BEEP BEEP BOOP
    SYNCHRONIIIIIIIISED"

#DamnitDean
    (>ლ)
    ------------

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dsrchris View Post
    It will if decent guys who could have a future can't afford to relocate to the new school.

All seems by-the-by now though, if anything it looks like there's going to be more developmental territories popping up, which is a great thing.
    I expect that WWE has purchased another promotion somewhere that will either compliment or take over from FCW.
    I'm a Daddy - Amy-Rose born on 23rd December 2010

Legend in the making Ciaran The King's Avatar
    vCash
    I think they hired Taz and re-opened the House of Hardcore
    "Every time youíre a 9, Iím a 10. If youíre a King, Iím an Ace. Iím always just a little bit better than you."

Thread Information