Talk Wrestling Online: Forum

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

The Ultimate Fighter 15: Cruz vs Faber

Hopefully I won't be the only one posting in this thread, anyone watch last night? Great finish with Vick landing a brutal knee after being controlled up to that point. The real awesomeness came afterwards, though. Cruz allowing Faber to pick anyone he wanted and Urijah being totally frozen to the spot. Not one of his guys stepped up wanting to fight either, awkward. Cruz pulled out some slick shit here. Oh, and some dudes dad died or something.

edit: Caps lock fail on the ''tHE'', someone... fix it!
    Self pity and conceit are not wrong. Your mother was in error.

vCash
    Maybe premature with this, but the new season of TUF is looking very much like being the shot in the arm that the concept needed. The live, one-round fights to get into the house episode was fantastic (can't cope with these Yank-frequency advert breaks however), and the live fights/live fight pick for the next week have made what was run-of-the-mill just that bit more vital watching.

The fighters, too, look like the most promising crop for many years. I can easily see Justin Lawrence, Sam Sicilia, Al Iaquinta, Mike Rio, Mike Chiesa, Cristiano Marcello & Miles Jury having at worst respectable UFC careers when it's all over, and no doubt there'll be a surprise or two from the remaining rabble as well.
    MMA... all the way! Check out "The Tapout Chronicles" in the #227th edition of the Talk Wrestling Online Community Newsletter

TWO Hall of Fame Member
    vCash
    I'm enjoying the show but I'm spending a lot of time wondering when something's going to go wrong. I just can't see how they're going to go the whole season without someone breaking a hand, getting a concussion, getting a bad cut or some other injury that requires a 1-3 month medical suspension. I'm worried it's going to end up like TUF 11 or UFC 3 with various alternates or fighters who have already lost ending up in the finals.

Hopefully all the episodes can be as good as last week's was, but I doubt you'll have the drama, the first round KO and the wacky coach stuff every week.

Oh, and I hope that they do the Coach's Challenge live as well. And I hope they have to do an assault course.

Paige doesn't need me any more.

So now I've started the ALEXA BLISS bandwagon. Fear the Bliss.

vCash
    From WrestlingObserver.com;

"We don't have the rating yet, but Ultimate Fighter on Friday did 1.1 million viewer, down 17% from week one"
    Go here...and read stuff...

http://www.thewrestlingpress.com/

Christopher Hitchens, April 13th, 1949-December 15th, 2011. Hitchens was a great man, who taught many how to think, but not what to think.

vCash
    Highlight of the last ep was the cameraman falling extremley slowly and Cruz making a token movement to help him.

Lawrence looked good though, pretty cool KO, looked kinda awkward on the replay but... got the job done. Can't remember what else happened to be honest

vCash
    Last episode was pretty boring, someone hurt his knee, there was a life coach, a fight of some sort... yup.

Brazil show ruled though, a lot of comedy in there.

TWO Hall of Fame Member
    vCash
    I got very angry with TUF this week partly because of the lack of interesting stuff, but mainly because my recording cut off at the exact moment the third round started.

You'd think by now the UFC would have the sense to run a TV show that sticks within the time frame.

Paige doesn't need me any more.

So now I've started the ALEXA BLISS bandwagon. Fear the Bliss.

vCash
    I stopped watching this, it's incredibly boring. I really thought going live would improve the show, it pains me that Bryan Alvarez was right.

Oh well, highlights of this season:

1. Cameraman falling.
    2. Faber freezing and all his team looking like bitches for not wanting to fight.
    3. N/A.

vCash
    I still haven't seen a full episode of this season. That trend started because I was busy, but now it's because everyone's p*ssing all over it. Every season of TUF should just be Rashad and Rampage for the rest of time.
    TWO Senior Moderator

Boxing and MMA Forum Leader: Boxing and MMA Forum

vCash
    GSP v Kosh was a very good season as well, although the fighters from that season have sunk without a trace bar Nam Phams two FOTY contenders with Garcia.

I read about Faber refusing to choose one of Cruz's team who had a knee injury as the opponent for his fighter, stating that it was not his place to run the risk of his injury getting worse and denying him a fair shot at his dream of being a UFC fighter.

That's a nice show of class I have to admit, even if for some reason I don't like him. Don't ask me why I just don't.
    Wrestling 101 : Int. Scene - News, Views and Reviews

The Evil Gringo- If you ever need to find me I split my time between the Paige and Ronda Rousey bandwagon!

"Text message from my sister, OMG! Kevin Nash! Thought he was dead! LOL!" - CM Punk

Thread Information