Talk Wrestling Online: Forum

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The Beltster View Post
    He's saying that, doesnt mean its true. Lets be honest, who would turn down movies to continue fighting MMA when you are past your prime? Unless he is only being offered minor roles in budget movies which would pay him less than he makes fighting. Rampage isnt stupid, he's going to go where the money is.
    I think he's mentioned that he hardly made any money from The A-Team and made more when he fought Rashad, which is pretty shocking, because I don't see him making more than $1million per fight, and actors normally earn way more than that for big films.
    TWO Senior Moderator

Boxing and MMA Forum Leader: Boxing and MMA Forum

vCash
    I reckon he makes around $500,000 - 750,000 per fight UFC. Maybe he didnt get much for the A-Team because he was a first timer. Who knows, I saw the Lamborghini he just bought himself, he isnt short of a few quid either way. Maybe he makes more fighting just because he's a name in fighting whereas he's a relative nobody in acting.

vCash
    I'm such a pedantic nerd for knowing this, but MusclePharm bought him the Lamborghini as a present for getting a title shot.
    TWO Senior Moderator

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by John Hancock View Post
    I'm such a pedantic nerd for knowing this, but MusclePharm bought him the Lamborghini as a present for getting a title shot.
    ok cool. In an interview with Aryanni (or however you spell her name) he said "This is my new toy I just bought" so I assumed he bought it himself. That car is hot shit!

vCash
    I think, and it is only an assumption based on how the UK tax system works, he'll have to pay income tax on the book value of car as a benefit in kind. So it's kind of earnings and kind of a gift.

vCash

Rampage Quits The UFC?

Looks like its all over. Ariel Helwani is reporting that Rampage vs Shogun has been booked and, no matter what the result, Dana White has confirmed that Rampage will be released from his contract after the fight.
    TWO Senior Moderator

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The Beltster View Post
    I reckon he makes around $500,000 - 750,000 per fight UFC. Maybe he didnt get much for the A-Team because he was a first timer. Who knows, I saw the Lamborghini he just bought himself, he isnt short of a few quid either way. Maybe he makes more fighting just because he's a name in fighting whereas he's a relative nobody in acting.
    Jackson made a downside $250,000 for the main event win over Matt Hamill at UFC 130 in May 2011, so his basic downside will be in the $250,000-$500,000 range. He's also one of 28 contracted UFC fighters that gets a percentage of the pay-per-view buyrate he fights on.

Oh, and Jackson needs double-knee surgery, so the Rua fight won't happen until he's recovered, so I assume last-quarter 2012.
    Go here...and read stuff...

http://www.thewrestlingpress.com/

Christopher Hitchens, April 13th, 1949-December 15th, 2011. Hitchens was a great man, who taught many how to think, but not what to think.

Thread Information