Talk Wrestling Online: Forum

Page 5 of 111 FirstFirst ... 345671555105 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Got to go with haybusa here, but if he wasn't on this round el hijo del santo would have easily got it.
    STRAIGHT **** EDGE **** SOCIETY

CO HOST OF THE TWO COMMUNITY PODCAST! WEBSITE

R.I.P Eddie Guerrero

R.I.P Mitsuharu Misawa

Wrestling Genius
    vCash
    I don't think we need another vote as the winner here is clear, but what's it gonna hurt to have more love for Hayabusa?

So, yeah. Hayabusa
    Entertainment Forum Leader: Entertainment Forum

Harm No Thing Unless Attacked Then Don't Look Back Tearing It Limb From Limb
    Gently Bend Them Bones Again
    Respond
    Take Out The Broken Parts
    The Speaker Is Now Broken You Respond

THE GAME

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShaolinHandLock View Post
    But I've already cut about 2500 luchadores. Before that, the whole tournament was in danger of becoming "Tournament to Crown the Best Obscure Masked Luchador".

And besides, if I cut everyone like that, the tournament would be very small.

And besides that, I really don't see why people can't just vote for anyone when they don't know who they are. Why? Because then people have the opportunity to vote out those wrestlers later anyway, so it all sort-of balances out.....or something.
    But equally, you then place Hayabusa and El Hijo De Santo in the same flipping round.... really? You've not got enough obscure guys to space out the more well known guys a bit at this point?

vCash
    Suprisingly, Hayabusa advances. I actually expected it to be much closer between Hayabusa and El Hijo Del Santo.

El Alebrije, Aeroboy, Max Moon, El Hijo Del Santo and Rasse are eliminated.

The next match will be here very soon.

Quote Originally Posted by etz View Post
    But equally, you then place Hayabusa and El Hijo De Santo in the same flipping round.... really? You've not got enough obscure guys to space out the more well known guys a bit at this point?
    It's a completely random draw. I make the list, then randomise the list, and then the draws for each match are randomised.

So sometimes you get lots of obscurity and sometimes you get lots of well-known wrestlers. I don't change the names that I randomly draw, as then it wouldn't be random.
    http://youtube.com/shaolinhandlock (Language Warning)

http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCx276JE__kjbcn9U8hcgYBA (My second channel, for my instrumental music and other stuff)

http://www.reverbnation.com/shaolinakashaolinhandlock (Language Warning)

ShaolinHandLock: The #1 Kung Fu Movie Expert on TWO!

vCash
    Well, I don't have opinions about wrestlers I've never seen, so I don't vote when they're all totally obscure. And I bet most everyone else is the same, which is why you have rounds which go on for ages with very few votes.

My thought was make two lists, one of more well known guys and one of everyone else, then draw one from the first list and the rest from the second list.

vCash
    Well, I don't have opinions about wrestlers I've never seen, so I don't vote when they're all totally obscure.
    What I want to know is, what is the definition of 'totally obscure'?

To me, none of these wrestlers are 'totally obscure', since I've known about them for ages.....

My thought was make two lists, one of more well known guys and one of everyone else, then draw one from the first list and the rest from the second list.
    .....and I'm not doing that, as it's complicated enough with one list, separating it into two would be too much hassle.

Besides, I don't know what would constitute 'well known' anyway anymore.....so far we've had quite a few wrestlers that I thought were well-known, but it seems as if they aren't.

So I don't know anymore.....

http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCx276JE__kjbcn9U8hcgYBA (My second channel, for my instrumental music and other stuff)

vCash
    Ignore Etz SHL, whether we end up with rounds with no known wrestlers doesn't matter or if early rounds have two known guys in it. The end result is the same even if one guy goes through because people liked his picture or voted on how many titles he won. Plus no one else ever puts in the effort you do for these tournaments and they're always great fun.
    We're here and we're taking over!

vCash

Rayo de Jalisco

Also Known As: Mr. Misterio, El Rayo de Jalisco, Tony Curtis, Dr. Curtis, Aguila Negra, El Rayo

Born: November 22, 1932

Height & Weight: 5'7", 205 lbs

Trained By: Tony Sugar

Debut: 1950

Has Wrestled in: CMLL, AAA, UWA, other promotions

Titles Held: NWA World Middleweight Championship (3 times);

Mexican National Tag Team Championship (2 times, w/ El Santo);

Occidente Welterweight Championship

Extra Notes: Lost his mask to Blue Demon in 1989, and wrestled a few matches unmasked before retiring. Like a lot of Mexican luchadores, he comes from a wrestling family, his brothers Tony Sugar and Black Sugar, his son Rayo de Jalisco Jr, his grandson Rayman, his nephews Ultra Rayo, Mister Rayo and Rayo Star, and his daughter-in-law Mitzuki Wong are all pro wrestlers.

Invader I

Also Known As: Sabu Singh, Jose Gonzales, Manuel Cruz, Prophet, Invader #1

Born: March 18, 1947

Height & Weight: 5'10", 210 lbs

Trained By: ?

Debut: 1966

Has Wrestled in: WWC, IWA-Puerto Rico, WWF/WWE, other promotions

Titles Held: NWA Pacific Northwest Tag Team titles w/Al Madril defeating Clay Spencer (aka Ken Mantell) & Bull Ramos (July 2, 1973);

WWC (World Wrestling Council) Puerto Rican Heavyweight title defeating Hercules Ayala (September 24, 1977);

WWC (World Wrestling Council) World Tag Team titles w/Jose Rivera defeating Afa & Sika (December 17, 1977);

WWC World Tag Team titles w/Jose Rivera defeating Kangaroos for vacant titles (February 4, 1978);

WWC Caribbean Heavyweight title defeating Dick Steinborn (February 25, 1978);

WWC Caribbean Heavyweight title defeating Pierre Martel (April 8, 1978);

WWC World Tag Team titles w/Jose Rivera defeating Pierre Martel & Hurricane Castillo (May 27, 1978);

WWC Caribbean Heavyweight title defeating Dick Steinborn for vacant title (July 1, 1978);

WWC World Tag Team titles w/Invader II defeating Hiro Sasaki & Kendo Kimura (November 11, 1978);

WWC North American Tag Team titles w/Invader II defeating Frankie Laine & Dutch Mantell (August 5, 1979);

WWC North American Heavyweight title defeating Don Kent (August 30, 1979);

WWC North American Heavyweight title defeating Roger Kirby (November 17, 1979);

WWC World Tag Team titles w/Invader II defeating Terry & Dory Funk Jr. (November 24, 1979);

WWC North American Tag Team titles w/Carlos Colon defeating Danny Condrey & Dutch Mantell (January 19, 1981);

WWC North American Tag Team titles w/Super Gladiator defeating Bruno Bekkar & Don Kent (November 23, 1981);

WWC Caribbean Tag Team titles w/Super Gladiator defeating Bruno Bekkar & Don Kent (????, 1982);

WWC North American Tag Team titles w/Super Gladiator defeating Bruno Bekkar & Don Kent (January 26, 1982);

WWC North American Heavyweight title defeating Bobby Jaggers (March 27, 1982);

WWC World Tag Team titles w/Pierre Martel defeating Johnny Heffernan & Don Kent (June 26, 1982);

WWC Puerto Rican Heavyweight title defeating Dory Funk Jr. (October 16, 1982);

WWC World Tag Team titles w/Invader III defeating Super Medicos (April 25, 1984);

WWC North American Tag Team titles w/Invader III defeating Medics (August 4, 1984);

WWC Puerto Rican Heavyweight title defeating Konga the Barbarian (September 15, 1984);

WWC World Tag Team titles w/Invader III defeating Black Gordman & Super Medico I for vacant titles (November 22, 1984);

WWC North American Tag Team titles w/Invader III defeating Butch Miller & Luke Williams (August 25, 1985);

WWC Puerto Rican Heavyweight title defeating Eric Embry (June 28, 1986);

WWC Television title defeating Ron Starr (November 5, 1986);

WWC Television title defeating Jason the Terrible (April 18, 1987);

WWC Television title defeating Grizzly Boone (November 25, 1987);

WWC World Tag Team titles w/Invader III defeating Mr. Pogo & Kendo Nagasaki (January 6, 1988);

WWC Television title defeating Super Black Ninja (April 2, 1988);

WWC World Tag Team titles w/Carlos Colon defeating Steve Strong & Jason the Terrible via forfeit (April 7, 1989);

WWC North American Heavyweight title defeating Abdullah the Butcher (April 15, 1989);

WWC Puerto Rican Heavyweight title defeating Abudda Dein (May 14, 1989);

WWC Puerto Rican Heavyweight title defeating Ivan Koloff (October 7, 1989);

WWC Caribbean Heavyweight title defeating Harley Race (March 4, 1990);

WWC Caribbean Tag Team titles w/Invader IV defeating Ron Starr & Cuban Assassin [Tournament] (March 10, 1990);

WWC Caribbean Tag Team titles w/Invader IV defeating Chicky Starr & Leo Burke (May 5, 1990);

WWC Caribbean Heavyweight title defeating Leo Burke (July 7, 1990);

WWC World Tag Team titles w/El Bronco defeating Texas Hangmen (February 3, 1991);

WWC World Tag Team titles w/El Bronco defeating Texas Hangmen (March 2, 1991);

WWC World Tag Team titles w/El Bronco defeating Hurricane Castillo Jr. & Miguel Perez Jr. (July 20, 1991);

WWC Television title defeating Dick Murdoch (December 25, 1991);

WWC Universal Heavyweight title defeating Carlos Colon (August 8, 1992);

WWC Universal Heavyweight title Awarded (September 23, 1992);

WWC World Tag Team titles w/Hurricane Castillo Jr. defeating Shane Sewell & Sean Morley (1995);

WWC Puerto Rican Heavyweight title defeating Jason the Terrible (1995);

WWC Puerto Rican Heavyweight title defeating Bronco I (January 6, 1996);

WWC World Tag Team titles w/Maelo Huertas defeating Victor the Bodyguard & Chicky Starr (October 9, 1999);

WWC Puerto Rican Heavyweight title defeating Titan (September 30, 2000);

WWC Puerto Rican Heavyweight title defeating Paul LeDuc (April 7, 2001);

WWC Puerto Rican Heavyweight title defeating Fidel Sierra (September 8, 2001);

WWC Puerto Rican Heavyweight title defeating Jungle Jim Steele (November 24, 2001)

Extra Notes: Invader I is the wrestler who stabbed Bruiser Brody to death in 1988. Also wrestled unmasked. Retired in 2006, his last match was against Savio Vega.

Shisa Boy

Also Known As: Syachihoko Machine

Born: ?

Height & Weight: ?

Trained By: Ultimo Dragon

Debut: 2002 OR 2006

Has Wrestled in: Dragon Gate, Osaka Pro, Toryumon, WMF

Titles Held: ?

Extra Notes: N/A

Carpenter Ant

Also Known As: *Not telling to protect the kayfabe of Chikara*

Debut: ?

Has Wrestled in: As Carpenter Ant: Chikara. Elsewhere under other names: *Not telling to protect the kayfabe of Chikara*

Chiva III

Also Known As: ?

Debut: ?

Has Wrestled in: Chikara, various Mexican promotions

Multifacetico I

Also Known As: N/A

Born: ?, 1979

Trained By: Aries

Debut: 1994

Has Wrestled in: Various Mexican promotions

Extra Notes: Died/Murdered in either 1999 or 2000.

vCash
    One of those men is a member of The Colony. There is your answer.

vCash
    Carpenter Ant, I love the Colony gimmick.
    We're here and we're taking over!

Thread Information