Talk Wrestling Online: Forum

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    vCash
    To reitterate, taping on the road costs a LOT more money and they arent willing to pay for it. Spike have chipped in for their recent excursions, but are now discouraged since the outside tapings dont make the ratings any higher (which is why they build road tapings up more than PPV as special events, searching for a bump) so they dont see whats in it for them.

On the point of "now they're pushing the young guys", that may be so to some degree (although lets not go crazy..), but however much thats true, at the same time my feeling is that its just too little, too late. I dont care about TNA or whether they're a success anymore. I dont care about almost anyone there or if they finally get to main event in TNA. I cared years ago, I even cared a couple of years ago, but they missed their numerous chances and burned me too much, and now I dont care. And it seems like a lot of people feel the same way.

Thats not to say I couldnt enjoy the show if I found something I liked, but as far as investing in the bigger picture of TNA and its success, I couldnt possibly care.
    Last edited by Jimmy Redman; 28-02-2012 at 12:10 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Redman View Post
    To reitterate, taping on the road costs a LOT more money and they arent willing to pay for it. Spike have chipped in for their recent excursions, but are now discouraged since the outside tapings dont make the ratings any higher (which is why they build road tapings up more than PPV as special events, searching for a bump) so they dont see whats in it for them.

On the point of "now they're pushing the young guys", that may be so to some degree (although lets not go crazy..), but however much thats true, at the same time my feeling is that its just too little, too late. I dont care about TNA or whether they're a success anymore. I dont care about almost anyone there or if they finally get to main event in TNA. I cared years ago, I even cared a couple of years ago, but they missed their numerous chances and burned me too much, and now I dont care. And it seems like a lot of people feel the same way.

Thats not to say I couldnt enjoy the show if I found something I liked, but as far as investing in the bigger picture of TNA and its success, I couldnt possibly care.
    Totally agree with this...

The thing that got me into TNA in 05/06 was that the product was refreshing, the 6 sided ring, the XD, new main eventers and characters along with recognisable ones. Now it's like watching WCW all over again, dodgy booking, angles that go no where, sometimes it can be quite confusing. Although I have enjoyed the re-emergence of the X-D, Austin Aries is entertaining, that xema (sp?) kid seems to have potential (once he changes that bloody ring attire), I like Roodes heel run as I always felt he was an immensely bland Face.

But Bischoff, Hogan, etc still take up far too much TV time for my liking. They need to stay in the back and let the young talent shine more. To reiterate JR's sentiments, whilst I will watch out of habit and enjoy the odd highlight here and there, any vested interest I had in TNA has definitely dissipated.

Legend in the making Ciaran The King's Avatar
    vCash
    TNA has a very talented skilful set of wrestlers. But unfortunately they have never bothered with getting someone who isn't just there to enhance their ego to lead the company properly.
    "Every time youíre a 9, Iím a 10. If youíre a King, Iím an Ace. Iím always just a little bit better than you."

vCash
    I forget that TNA even exists any more. It's just a company, nothing happens, nobody cares, and it gets a 1.1. TNA, everybody.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Chicharito View Post
    I forget that TNA even exists any more. It's just a company, nothing happens, nobody cares, and it gets a 1.1. TNA, everybody.
    Not a fan then, I take it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamster26 View Post
    Not a fan then, I take it.

Legend in the making Ciaran The King's Avatar
    vCash
    If TNA had hired Heyman when they had the chance we would now be talking about what a turn around they made.
    "Every time youíre a 9, Iím a 10. If youíre a King, Iím an Ace. Iím always just a little bit better than you."

vCash
    I watch it if it happens to be on. I really like Bobby Roode and hope he comes to WWE soon, AJ seems to have dropped down the card and quite frankly is spinning his wheels there. In the meantime Bischoff's son is an attraction?

And what the hell happened to Joe?

To me it smacks of the late 90's WCW - It even looks exactly the same now too - at least the 6 sided ring gave TNA something of an identity, visually.

And don't get me started on Buh Buh Ray Dudley in the world title hunt - are you kidding me?
    I'm a Daddy - Amy-Rose born on 23rd December 2010

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Da Showstoppa View Post
    To me it smacks of the late 90's WCW - It even looks exactly the same now too - at least the 6 sided ring gave TNA something of an identity, visually.
    This.

I've tried to give it a chance, but to be quiet blunt, its shit.

vCash
    Bully Ray is the best thing about TNA. He's not on their list of problems.

Thread Information