Talk Wrestling Online: Forum

Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Guild Wars 2

vCash

Guild Wars 2

Anyone else tried signing up for the beta or looking forward to this getting released?

Seen a few reports from the Press beta and it looks tunning and the combat physics move away from the typical single target MMO standard and allow you to melee without a care and hit multiple targets. Plus they;ve gone for a non-linear "event" based system for the majority of the action so you turn up at places where stuff is happening and get rewarded for how much you part-take in whats going on. This could be the thing to drag me away from WOW if anything is.
    We're here and we're taking over!

vCash
    Yeah, I signed up for the beta. Given how much money I've dropped with Anet, I should get a goddamn gold paved road into it, but then I've never even got a Christmas card from them, the cheeky ****ers.

To give you an idea, between my brother and I, we've probably spent about 800 on Guild Wars over 7 years.... maybe more.
    Last edited by etz; 25-02-2012 at 06:46 PM.

vCash
    Absolutely. Can't wait for this. I came in late playing Guild Wars and it's honestly the best MMORPG, I've ever played. Well wrriten story, nice graphics and really good Player V Players competitions.

Been trying to get GWAMM, just like Etz; in anticipation for Guild Wars 2.

vCash
    I'm so flipping lazy, I've not done it yet.... though, to be fair, I'm delaying finishing VQ of Elona until I figure out whether my brother will need it to reach 50/50, since he has more pvp statues. Oh, and I've been getting a mate up to 30/50.

vCash
    Think im on something rediculous like 8 / 30.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamster26 View Post
    Think im on something rediculous like 8 / 30.
    PM me your char name so I can check it on the HOM calculator and I might be able to give you some advice/assistance.

vCash
    Just watched a few previews on good old youtube, and it looks really good. I think it's the perfect cross between Guild Wars and WoW.

vCash
    I hope that's a good thing. I hate WoW, I played a trial for a while, but couldn't get on with it.

vCash
    I think it's better once you start questing with other people, instead of being on your own. I still prefer Guild Wars though.

vCash
    it's one of the main issues I find with wow in the sense that because it's gone on so long and now the endgame content isuch a long way from where you start the actual multi-player part doesn't really kick in until you get to the level cap. The dungeon finder tool helps a little but since if you play badly everyone screams at you to "l2p" it's off putting as well.

Anyway, yeah GW2 looks all kinds of awesome and I think the combat style looks more fun and friendly especially melee combat.
    We're here and we're taking over!

Thread Information