Talk Wrestling Online: Forum

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Sting: I知 Done

Originally Posted by @Sting
    I’m done
    From his twitter.

I hope this is just a work. (I think that’s the terminology). He was one of the major reasons I watch TNA.

Although, even if this is a work, it will still be a very sad day when the Icon packs it in.
    Last edited by Jamster26; 20-02-2012 at 04:42 PM.

vCash
    Upcoming Impact spoilers

Sting says hes quit, Roode talks him into a match at the next PPV
    ソ。Por qu no te callas!?

vCash
    Shame, really he should be an on screen personality only. His in ring work has suffered immensley though he's still 10 times better than Hogan. I could live with him becoming the GM of Impact because I think he does that really well.
    Mathematical

vCash
    I really think sting should jump to wwe have a year run as an on air personality not neccessarily a wrestler and then join the hall of fame in 2013. Even if sting never does work for vince he has a spot for sure in the hall of fame. Sting was one of the few reasons i watched nitro in late 90s to watch his feud with the nwo. I agree it will be a sad day when he walks away.
    "I ain't got time to bleed" Jesse "The Body" Ventura

vCash
    As he said himself, he should work at at least one Wrestlemania - and who wouldn't want to see him collide with say, the Undertaker?
    I'm a Daddy - Amy-Rose born on 23rd December 2010

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Da Showstoppa View Post
    As he said himself, he should work at at least one Wrestlemania - and who wouldn't want to see him collide with say, the Undertaker?
    I wouldnt loss any sleep if it didnt happen. I think i'm probably one of VERY few who doesnt want Sting in the WWE. I'm also not the biggest fan of wrestlers who have never performed for the WWE being inducted into the Hall of Fame, kinda defeats the object.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    I wouldnt loss any sleep if it didnt happen. I think i'm probably one of VERY few who doesnt want Sting in the WWE. I'm also not the biggest fan of wrestlers who have never performed for the WWE being inducted into the Hall of Fame, kinda defeats the object.
    My argument to that would be simply sting had alot more impact on the industry then alot of the guys already in. That would incline to say that koko b ware is more deserving. That doesnt make sense to me. In the late 80s sting was the nwa/wcw answer to hogan. He had the look, charisma, and the popularity of a hogan. Sting shined through the entire decade of the 90s for the most part and is still going strong as a character.
    Last edited by dsrchris; 20-02-2012 at 11:02 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Fatherof10minis View Post

My argument to that would be simply sting had alot more impact on the industry then alot of the guys already in. That would incline to say that koko b ware is more deserving. That doesnt make sense to me. In the late 80s sting was the nwa/wcw answer to hogan. He had the look, charisma, and the popularity of a hogan. Sting shined through the entire decade of the 90s for the most part and is still going strong as a character.
    I understand what you're saying completely, but what im saying is that he hasnt had any impact in the WWE, none what so ever, so he shouldnt be inducted. It's like saying Ronaldinho should be inducted into the Manchester United Hall of Fame, he's never been there, but he's had such an impact on football. Just doesnt work for me.

vCash
    Yeah i completely agree with ya on your point, but i think wrestling is different. 20 years ago you could have an nwa, awa, ecw, and any other territory hall of fame for each territory. The problem is all but one of those territories is left and you have tna which has alot of guys whose major impacts were in organizations that no longer exist. That is why sting should go in because he was the franchise guy of wcw, very similar to jon cena in alot of ways. I cant see leaving sting out of a hall of fame ceremony simply because there is no wcw to induct him into. The wwe hall of fame is it.

Terry funk didnt do much in wwe/wwf, his career is based from nwa, ecw and alot of japan. His brother dory funk was even less known for being a wwe star. Vern gagne never wrestled in wwe and got inducted for his impact in the awa. Dusty rhodes primary work was nwa, only had about a year and a half run in wwe. Its these reasons that sting should still go in.

vCash
    The WWE HOF can be construed as a general pro wrestling HOF, really. Guys from outside the company, or who made their mark outside the company get in if they feel like it.

Point is, they dont have any actual rules for eligibility other than who they feel like putting in, so trying to argue that they should exclude someone based on a rule you made up is pretty pointless.

Thread Information