Talk Wrestling Online: Forum

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    Wrestling Genius
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxximus View Post
    If I fail to review, Shaun, feel free to kick me in the neck.
    I'm an America, dammit! I refuse to be kicked in the neck by a flannel wearing, grunge loving German.

Here comes the pain:

Paulo

Pulp - Help The Aged

What the hell was George Carlin doing in that painting?

I liked this before it turned into Radiohead, but I can forgive that due to the amount of awesome beards in the video. It was better than I thought it would be. I didn't turn it off at least.

7/10 for the beards and the frumpy keyboard player.

Nivarna - Smells Like Teen Spirit

The song that defined a generation. I don't care how many times I've heard this song, I'll never forget exactly where I was and what I was doing the first time. Kurt was such an amazing and misunderstood musical genius and a master of self parody. That shines through in this video. The idea that the world took him seriously at all is one of the many things that drove him to an early death.

10/10/10/10

Fletcherino

Ghost Beach: Crazy Heart

"I liked it so much I posted it to facebook."

The music and especially the lyrics resonated with me and the place I feel like I'm standing in at this very moment. Strange how music can do that. The only flaw, this isn't something that I would listen to on a daily. It would definitely make a playlist though.

8/10

Take That - Love Love

I lost interest in this pretty quickly. I can feel it right their in the periphery trying to make it's way into my subconscious. I know if I let it in it would end like a steamy love affair. I would take everything I could from it, get bored, and move on to the next.

4/10

dsrpimp

RED FANG - "Wires"

MY BRUTHA! This looks like me and my friends. If you were lucky enough to be amongst this group of Burt Reynold clones, this is what you would hear in the background. Some sick as tasty sludge!

10/10

Chase & Status - Hitz ft. Tinie Tempah

We need to hang out and drink beers. Seriously, this song is dope.

8/10

TAJIRI_SAN

björk - army of me

Christ, here we go. NSFW? Not safe for human ears, you mean. I'm very critical of female singers so I'll come right out and say it. I hate this woman with a burning passion. I would never hit a woman but I'd give her a good goddamned shaking.

0/10

Lupe Fiasco - SLR (Super Lupe Rap)

Bad time to post some Lupe. I'm burned out on him. Give me six months or so and I might score this video a little better, tt's hard to tell. Right now I'm not into it at all, but it's by no means offensive or anything. I'm also seriously tired of the 9/11 stuff too. Once was okay. More than that is taking advantage.

4/10

@_Inno

Ginger Wildheart - ' You're the One'

I think I made the right decision on taking a brief *pause* after Anime's picks. It would have been easy for the Icelandic rage to boil over.

I dig the beat I'm just not enough of a fan of the style to be blown away here. I like it, but wouldn't actively seek them out or reach for them in time of need. I hate to say it, but this was forgettable. Good for background music as I typed this out though. Hmm, maybe there is some merit to be found after all.

6/10

The Union-Obsession

This is me reaching for another drink at the bar. And another. And another. Great vocals with a nice bluesy rock background. Feels a bit like Soundgarden and Alice in Chains in parts. I can dig it. Bet they're great live.

7/10

ShaunTheNeckKicker

Ben Harper - Excuse me Mr.

German Youtube hates my cheesy, bacon smelling guts, so I had to watch a live version of this.

There is a god. What a great live performance. I doubt I would have liked this at all if I had just watched a video. It wouldn't convey the same emotion as watching them play it live. I can get down mellow style too, mang.

Top youtube quote on this video:

Bens a straight up bad mutha f*cker
    I'm inclined to agree.

8/10

Radiohead - Exit Music

The band I do my best to avoid because I can be a judgmental metalheaded doosh and I fear that will take away from my appreciation of their music. I will do my best to go into this open minded.

I think with a big enough microphone you would discover that this is what tears sound like. This is a song best listened to while on a heavy dose of alcohol and heartbreak. I can't find a way to convert this song into a numerical value so all I will say is this is the creation of new life in sonic form. "It's like turning air... into gold."

?/10

UNeedABetterUsername

Box Car Racer - Watch The World

Haha, seriously what is this? I was never a friend to sissy punk rock. Sorry, but this sucks.

1/10

Muse - Citizan Erased

Lighten up, Magic, it's not all hate. I actually like Muse. They're a really good jam band. They're great for having something on in the background when you're looking for inspiration for creativity. They're not a band I have on in heavy rotation though. They're pretty far down the ladder, but at least they're on it.

7/10

I'll have mine up in a bit.
    Last edited by Maxximus; 29-02-2012 at 05:24 AM.
    Entertainment Forum Leader: Entertainment Forum

Harm No Thing Unless Attacked Then Don't Look Back Tearing It Limb From Limb
    Gently Bend Them Bones Again
    Respond
    Take Out The Broken Parts
    The Speaker Is Now Broken You Respond

THE GAME

Wrestling Genius
    vCash
    I didn't know what to pick, so I'm just gonna throw up two songs I've been listening to a lot recently.

Pearl Jam- Just Breathe

Amon Amarth - Under The Northern Star

Respond

THE GAME

vCash
    MaxxTheReceiverOfANeckKick

Pearl Jam - Just Breathe
    Maxx I will not kick you in the neck anymore, I never intended to kick you in the neck so I'll start again.

Maxxie Blaylock

Pearl Jam - Just Breathe
    I love you Maxx, I really do love you for sharing this passion. This is my favourite off Backspacer alongside The End and Force of Nature. Pearl Jam is a band of surprises and the use of strings is quite unusual for Pearl Jam, but they've matured and Ed Veds voice really fits in great with the stuff they do now. Anything PJ receives an instant 10/10.
    10/10

I wouldn't go out of my way to listen to it but instrumentally it sounds interesting. A few mates do Pagan Metal (I know Amon Amarth aren't Pagan) and it really does sound good for the ear but like I said it's not for me. I'm not a fan of growling but instrumentally...no problems.
    5/10

Wrestling Genius
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaun2J View Post
    Maxxie Blaylock

That is so freaking awesome! Pearl Jam geeks UNITE!

Respond

THE GAME

vCash
    I knew you'd love it

Saturday was BratSan and TheDefs turn, but you have to review the rest of the videos if you have time.
    The next music club will start in a few weeks I think, so anyone thinking about joining that club has to review the tracks in this club.

vCash
    Ben Harper - Excuse me Mr

Im sure I've heard this song recently. I quite liked it then, and I do now. Very cool song, really makes me get into it. I'd listen to more by this guy I think. hell, may go look for some in a minute. 8/10

Radiohead - Exit Music (For a Film)

Love me some Radiohead I do. This is as amazing as many of their tracks. An easy 9/10 for me.
    ¿¡Por qué no te callas!?

vCash
    It's about damn time I finished my reviews. Here we go then, let's see how far through I can get.

Anime
    Björk - Army of Me
    What's with the Bjork hate? I love the kooky Icelandic nutbar. I especially love me this song. It's no Hyperballad, but it's still a corker of a tune. Plus she kicked the sh*t out of a news reporter. A full bodied healthy 8/10

Lupe Fiasco - SLR (Super Lupe Rap)
    Love the backing track to this tune. It makes me sway happily. Not the best of Lupe's lyrical content, but it's Lupe so that means I have to give this at least 9/10

Inno
    Ginger Wildheart - ' You're the One'
    I was never big on Ginger or The Wildhearts. I never really saw the big fuss about them. I guess this is inoffensive enough, but it doesn't really do anything for me either. It sounds a bit 70 British Glam Rock. Not my scene really. I'll give a mid table 6/10

The Union-Obsession
    I'm with Maxx, this is the kind of thing I'd be tapping the bar in rhythm to in my local beverage establishment without ever knowing (or particularly wanting to know) who it is. I have no problem with listening to this, I just wouldn't immediately think of going out my way to hunt it down. Although I'm a few beers into the night, and I'm sat here nodding my head and tapping my foot to it, so that merits it at least a 7/10

Shaun
    Ben Harper - Excuse me Mr.
    I dunno about this. It sounds a bit...bland for my tastes. It's not bad, but it doesn't catch my attention. Halfway through the video I found myself drifting off and surfing through some other pages with it on as background noise. Pretty average to me, I'm afraid 5/10

Radiohead - Exit Music
    Oh Radiohead. How I love thee. Especially anything from the OK Computer album. I love this song. It's really that simple. 10/10

Magic
    Good God I hate this man's voice. I hated it in Blink, and I hate it now. Which is a shame, because I quite like the music, it kinda reminds me of Promise Ring, Get Up Kids, that kind of vibe. The singing is just killing me though. The jarring voice means I can only give it 2/10

Muse - Citizan Erased
    Man I used to love this album, and it somehow just dropped completely off my radar. Like, I listened to this album constantly when it was first released, but after checking through my CD collection, I appear to have misplaced my disc? Still a good song though, not my favourite from the album, but still a solid 7/10

Maxx
    Pearl Jam - Just Breathe
    Am I the only person on the planet who didn't like Pearl Jam? Or Guns n Roses for that matter, but back to the subject at hand. I can see why folks dig this band so much, but they just do absolutely nothing for me. At all. To me this just sounds like something that'd be in a romcom or something. Not my bag, so I give it 4/10

Deathklok have totally ruined anything for me with this kind of singing. Like, I can't take it serious anymore. Which is a shame, because this is some pretty cool Epic Metal. Makes me thing of Vikings and mist, and gruelling quests up mountains. 6/10

EDIT: Thought the Radiohead fans might get a kick out of this. The Easy Star Allstars have covered the whole of OK Computer in a Reggae fashion. It's nowhere near as bad as you're all now thinking. Check it out:

Last edited by dsrchris; 10-03-2012 at 11:20 PM.
    TWO Senior Moderator

UK and US Scene Forum Leader: UK Scene Forum / US Scene Forum

------------
    "Don't look at our crotches while we synchronise our watches.
    BEEP BEEP BOOP BEEP BEEP BOOP BEEP BEEP BEEP BOOP
    SYNCHRONIIIIIIIISED"

#DamnitDean
    (>ლ)
    ------------

vCash
    Here are some stats, they will be changed should anyone review.

Darkstar
    6.25/10

Pulp - Help The Aged
    6.2/10

Nirvana - Smells Like Teen Spirit [Top of the Pops]
    6.3/10

Fletch
    5.7/10

Ghost Beach - Crazy Heart
    6.9/10

Take That - Love Love
    4.4/10

Dsrchris
    6.2/10

Red Fang - Wires
    7.5/10

Chase and Status ft. Tinie Tempah - Hitz
    4.8/10

Anime Otaku
    4.4/10

Björk - Army Of Me
    3.8/10

Lupe Fiasco - SLR
    5/10

Inno
    6.2/10

Ginger Wildheart - You're The One
    6.2/10

The Union - Obsession
    6.2/10

Shaun2J
    8.3/10

Ben Harper - Excuse Me Mr.
    6.8/10

Radiohead - Exit Music (For A Film)
    9.7/10

The Magic
    4.2/10

1.4/10

Muse - Citizan Erased
    7/10

Maxximus
    6.3/10

Pearl Jam - Just Breathe
    7/10

5.5/10
    I'll start the next music club in about two weeks. Anyone who was in this club and wants to participate in the next club has to finish reviewing.

vCash
    I will get to it ASAP.
    " Genius by birth, Evil by choice ....."

vCash
    Yeah go ahead, there's no rush to the new music club.
    Last edited by Shaun2J; 16-04-2012 at 02:02 PM.

Thread Information