Talk Wrestling Online: Forum

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    vCash
    I did all of shauns previous ones, however i didnt review in the last one however im pretty sure i also didnt post my vids either. So if im allowed then im in like flynn
    Keep it Kool.... Keep it Stuie Kool

Triple H smashed my face into a car windshield, and then took my mother, Dorothy Mantooth, out for a nice seafood dinner and never called her again.

Dorothy Mantooth is a Saint! ---Sparrow

vCash
    I lagged behind in the last one, so didnt post my vids either. Apart from that, have a clear history.

Count me in Sir..!!
    " Genius by birth, Evil by choice ....."

vCash
    Yeah you're all on a clean slate now, so screw the previous rounds. It was Christmas anyways.

So we've got 10 peeps, think we can get started. If anyone else wants in, I'll and you to the list.

Randomized the list and here's the running order, four new songs every week.

Can start straight away
    - Fletch
    - Paul

Saturday 11th Feb.
    - Anime Otaku
    - dsrchris

Saturday 18th Feb.
    - Inno
    - Shaun2J

Saturday 25th Feb.
    - Maxximus
    - The Magic

Saturday 3rd Mar.
    - BratSan
    - TheDef
    Last edited by Shaun2J; 04-02-2012 at 02:11 PM.

vCash
    Somebody wanna switch I cant post till my laptop battery gets here.
    Keep it Kool.... Keep it Stuie Kool

Triple H smashed my face into a car windshield, and then took my mother, Dorothy Mantooth, out for a nice seafood dinner and never called her again.

Dorothy Mantooth is a Saint! ---Sparrow

vCash
    I've put you at the end of the list.

vCash
    Oh, Im a starter now? OK then.

Pulp - Help the Aged

Bloody brilliant song, its so simple but catchy.

Nivarna - Smells Like Teen Spirit

But not the normal track, no. This is when they were live on Top of the Popos. I remember watching this as a kid and being blown away. This was my introduction to punk. I know its not a punk track, but the performance was pure punk.

See Nivarna were pissed at being told they werent allowed to play live, only sing live. So the band take the piss with the instruments (really, watch them!) and Kurt did an impression of Morrisey singing the song. He also deepthroated the mic at one point.

I've not included it for the song itself, but for the anarchic specticle.

Last edited by Paul; 04-02-2012 at 03:17 PM.
    ¿¡Por qué no te callas!?

vCash
    Pulp - Help the Aged
    Pulp are one of those bands I was never really into at the time, but now I'm a bit older I've been able to appreciate them a lot more. I like this song, but it's not something I'd go out my way to find as a must have on my playlist. Like Paul said, simple, catchy, britpop. Well worth a 7/10

Nirvana - Smells Like Teen Spirit (Live)
    I love this video for two reasons:
    1. Nirvana d*cking around are awesome
    2. It shows exactly what they thought of all the mainstream exposure that particular song was getting.

I really have a hatred for Smells Like Teen Spirit since it was "hijacked" (for want of a better term) and wh*red out for anything and everything. It's one of those songs like Paranoid by Sabbath that I've had so much exposure too I'm sick to death of hearing them. If we're marking this video on the merit and intention of the performance then 10/10, but I'm feeling the song itself is now only worth a 2/10
    TWO Senior Moderator

UK and US Scene Forum Leader: UK Scene Forum / US Scene Forum

------------
    "Don't look at our crotches while we synchronise our watches.
    BEEP BEEP BOOP BEEP BEEP BOOP BEEP BEEP BEEP BOOP
    SYNCHRONIIIIIIIISED"

#DamnitDean
    (>ლ)
    ------------

vCash
    Ghost Beach: Crazy Heart

I adore Ghost Beach, they're pretty new, but also aren't. They just started releasing their music, but both members were in the band TV/TV (Cody Rhode's original version of Smoke and Mirrors). So yeah, they released this song as TV/TV but never got it on any EPs. They released it for free with electronic drums last month. This song is my most played on iTunes by a mile, it's probably my most favourite song of all time ever made, and I've become pretty good friends with vocalist Josh Ocean too thanks to Facebook
    Not to plug, but all their music is FREE on GhostBeachMusic.com

Take That: Love Love (X-Men Version Video)

It apparently isn't cool to like Take That. I don't care, I adore Take That. I love everything about this song, the new sound for the group, Mark Owen's higher verse, Gary Barlow being the genius that he is, and Robbie taking a backseat but still owning the video purely by being a prat. Plus it was for X-Men First Class. Not that I watched all of that film but still.

Paul's Picks:
    Pulp: Help the Aged.

I really can't stand Jarvis Cocker, as much as I can tolerate a couple of Pulp songs, this isn't one of them. Nothing ever really happened and it lost my attention before any of it even really kicked in. Not unlistenable, but deffo not my cup of tea. 3/10

Nirvana: Smells Like Teen Spirit (Live at TOTP)
    The song itself is so over-rated and overplayed I find it completely intolerable. I had my younger days when first into Grunge that we used to kick back and listen to Nirvana, mostly cause my friends at the time were stuck in the mud with 'Vana and Everclear and wouldn't listen to as much Bizkit and Mudd as I wanted to. Cobain really takes the piss. For the comedy 8/10, for the actual song, and sung they way it was on this was even worse 2/10
    Last edited by Fletch; 04-02-2012 at 09:08 PM.
    Check Me Out, Join The Revolution 500+ Followers
    @fletchercohol on Twitter

Also check out TWOStar's Own Famous on Twitter too now
    @FamousTWOStars

vCash
    Great choices Paul.

Pulp - Help the Aged - Immediate props for it being a Pulp song. Jarvis's brilliance probably gets it at least a 7.5 before we even get started. It's not my favourite Pulp song, but it's catchy and cool lyrically. The chorus is probably the best part. When everything kicks in is ace. 8/10

Nirvana - Smells Like Teen Spirit (Live) - I get that this track grown into something that it shouldn't be, but I don't care it's still as great as it was when it first came out. This particular version is awesome, there's nothing better than musicians f**king around when they've been made to mime. I remember Muse all playing the wrong instruments. The song is great, and the context is awesome too. 9/10

Fletch

Ghost Beach - Crazy Heart - I like this. The vocal melody is really good, love the chorus it's nice and catchy and enjoy the guitar riff. I could see myself dancing in a club to this, all dignity forgotten. Yeah, the more it goes on, the more I like it. 8/10

Take That - Love Love - I'm a bit hot and cold on Take That. They have some excellent songs, some not so. This is somewhere middle of the road for me. The music is very Muse esque, and I love a bit of Muse, but the vocals and lyricism isn't really doing it for me. And that's what counts most for me in music normally. 5/10
    Sports Forum Leader: Sports Forum

Take a walk in the park, take a Valium pill. Read the letter you got from the memory girl.

No Fans No History No Money No Worries

vCash
    Pulp - Help the Aged
    Sounds a little like Creep from Radiohead. It's simple like Paul said, so it's OK for the background I'd say.
    6/10

Nirvana - Smells Like Teen Spirit
    I loved this performance back then, remember someone video taping it and showing it to me a few years later. So Nirvana as always in "f**k you" mode and do whatever they want. That's why their Unplugged show is so great because they pissed on the producers and did what they want. Anyway the song itself...yeah there are much more better Nirvana songs than Teen Spirit, Kurt and the band probably knew that.
    9/10

Ghost Beach - Crazy Heart
    This for me sounds like some typical sports commercial music. Nothing against it but stuff like this I've heard loads of times before.
    4/10

Take That - Love Love
    Magicman said it, it's a bit Muse-like. Very different from the stuff I know from Take That. It's not my taste, I wouldn't really listen to it a second time.
    4/10

Thread Information