Talk Wrestling Online: Forum

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    vCash
    Dre, Snoop and now Warren G on the Sunday at Coachella. Good Lord, this is going to be epic.

At The Drive-In play Saturday, FYI.

Cheers!

vCash
    Jealous...
    TWO Senior Moderator

UK and US Scene Forum Leader: UK Scene Forum / US Scene Forum

------------
    "Don't look at our crotches while we synchronise our watches.
    BEEP BEEP BOOP BEEP BEEP BOOP BEEP BEEP BEEP BOOP
    SYNCHRONIIIIIIIISED"

#DamnitDean
    (>ლ)
    ------------

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Boyo View Post
    Dre, Snoop and now Warren G on the Sunday at Coachella. Good Lord, this is going to be epic.

At The Drive-In play Saturday, FYI.

Cheers!
    Refused play Friday. That's some show!
    We're here and we're taking over!

vCash
    Every now and again, it seems, I just have huge gaps in my music knowledge which, 10 years later, get filled.

"The Flaming Lips" was one, in about 2008. Yeah, I had heard the name, but didn't realise just how incredible they were until I bought "Yoshimi..."

"Nas" was another. Obviously I had heard of him before and I had heard him rap before, but I had never understood the hype until I bought "Illmatic" about 15 years after it was released.

Today I did my annual "study the Coachella poster and buy a couple of albums" (last year I bought Kanye's MBDTF, Tame Impala, Sleigh Bells, The Joy Formidable and The Kills). I bought The Bends, Kid A, Amnesiac and In Rainbows by some band I've never heard of, and I also took the plunge and paid £3 for "Relationship Command" by At The Drive In, such has been the collective Internet-based ejaculating over their Coachella appearance.

Reading up on it suggests I should be expecting an album at least on par with Nirvana's Nevermind or Arctic Monkeys' WPSIATWIN. The thing that people agree on is that the album is incredible; what they can't understand is that they never went mega-big.

EDIT: I've never heard of them, and I don't understand how?

Looking forward to it!

Also got Swedish House Mafia, David Guetta and Kraftwerk. Kraftwerk aren't playing Coachella, but that doesn't mean I shouldn't buy it!!

Cheers!
    Last edited by Boyo; 21-01-2012 at 08:43 PM.

vCash
    I can totally understand why Relationship of Command wasn't a hit. I mean, I think it's one of the best albums of all time, but if everyone on this site listened to it, most of them would absolutely hate of it. Post-hardcore is a very niche genre. It doesn't have the pop-insider-coolness of the Arctic Monkeys, or the broad accessibility of Nirvana.
    TWO Senior Moderator

Boxing and MMA Forum Leader: Boxing and MMA Forum

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Boyo View Post
    I bought The Bends, Kid A, Amnesiac and In Rainbows by some band I've never heard of

Which one do you like the best?
    Sports Forum Leader: Sports Forum

No Fans No History No Money No Worries

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by John Hancock View Post
    I can totally understand why Relationship of Command wasn't a hit. I mean, I think it's one of the best albums of all time, but if everyone on this site listened to it, most of them would absolutely hate of it. Post-hardcore is a very niche genre. It doesn't have the pop-insider-coolness of the Arctic Monkeys, or the broad accessibility of Nirvana.
    Agree there, post-hardcore is an awesome genre but it's genreally an aquired taste. Glassjaw are one of my favourite bands ever and I still find aspects of "Everything you ever wanted to know about science" difficult to get into. Then you get bands like Boy Sets Fire which is instantly listenable to.
    We're here and we're taking over!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The Magic;

Which one do you like the best?
    They haven't arrived in the post yet, should be in the next day or two. I know most of The Bends and, from what I've read, know I'll probably prefer In Rainbows to anything else. However Kid A and Amnesiac are almost seen as Radiohead's two-part opus, however difficult they may be on first listening.

I am being facetious though; of course I've heard of Radiohead! Just in case sarcasm doesn't translate across the interweb.

Cheers!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Omega View Post
    Agree there, post-hardcore is an awesome genre but it's genreally an aquired taste. Glassjaw are one of my favourite bands ever and I still find aspects of "Everything you ever wanted to know about science" difficult to get into. Then you get bands like Boy Sets Fire which is instantly listenable to.
    I have nothing to add to this other than to say that Glassjaw are really, really awesome.
    TWO Senior Moderator

Boxing and MMA Forum Leader: Boxing and MMA Forum

vCash
    I thought you might have been kidding, but yeah never easy to tell!

Kid A is my favourite, but I can totally understand why people might not like it. After that next best is OK Computer.
    Sports Forum Leader: Sports Forum

No Fans No History No Money No Worries

Thread Information