Talk Wrestling Online: Forum

Page 1 of 146 1231151101 ... LastLast

vCash

Random News Thread 2012

Here's your new thread for 2012.
    TWO Senior Mod

Nobody calls Han Solo a b*tch!

vCash
    I would like to emphasise something as we begin a new thread. Its not the best look for the forum when there a whole lot of general mega threads that everyone posts in and not a lot of individual threads with proper topics.

So, to that end, it is my firm suggestion that this thread be used mainly for small news items and minor queries only. For those people who like to grab a bunch of bullet points from the Observer or sites that C+P from the Observer, thats fine and it goes in here. If you want to ask a question about some minor point, or have any other post that cant possibly be stretched to make or become a topic, that can go in here as well.

BUT, if you have a more substantial peice of news (like, for instance, the Brock news from this weekend, or Orton's injury, anything that people will discuss) or a random comment that can easily be used to start a thread on a particular subject, please do create a stand-alone thread and discuss it there. This way, its easier to identify topics of conversation, it should foster more discussion and its a much better look for the forum.

Thanks.

Legend in the making Ciaran The King's Avatar
    vCash
    Can't wait for Kurt Angle appearing at the Olympics, not long to wait
    "Every time youíre a 9, Iím a 10. If youíre a King, Iím an Ace. Iím always just a little bit better than you."

vCash
    So I was looking up the results of the annual Japanese New Years Indy Summit. These shows usually feature some pretty odd matchups, and this year was no exception.

Results, via Cagematch:

Dark Match

Madoka & The Winger defeat Owen Phoenix & Yasu Urano (12:28)

Six Man Tag Team Match

Hiroshi Fukuda, Kotaro Nasu & Toru Sugiura defeat Daichi Sasaki, Dyna Mido & Masashi Otani (8:23)

Eight Man Tag Team Match

HAYATA, Hiro Tonai, Takao Soma & Takumi Tsukamoto defeat Akito, Jun Ogawauchi, Kouzy & Masaki Okimoto (9:12)

Six Man Tag Team Match

GENTARO, HARASHIMA & Yoshihito Sasaki defeat Kamui, Kazuhiro Tamura & Mototsugu Shimizu (10:59)

Battle Royal

Danshoku Dino defeats Atsushi Ohashi and Guts Ishijima and Kaji Burdock and Kaji Pot-au-feu and Kaji Tomato and Kaori Yoneyama and Karate Brahman and Mame Endo and Mio Shirai and Shinobu and Spark Aoki (22:14)

Tag Team Gauntlet Match

Antonio Honda & Great Kojika defeat Amigo Suzuki & CHANGO and Atsushi Kotoge & Daisuke Harada and Brahman Kei & Brahman Shu and Chon Shiryu & Dynasty and Daisuke Sasaki & Masashi Takeda and Emi Sakura & Masa Takanashi and Hercules Senga & Tsutomu Oosugi and Hide Kubota & Yasu Kubota and Isami Kodaka & Yuko Miyamoto and Jaki Numazawa & Jun Kasai and Makoto Oishi & Shiori Asahi and Natsuki Taiyo & Yoshiko and Ryuji Yamakawa & Shadow WX and Sanshiro Takagi & TAKA Michinoku (35:00)

Fluorescent Light Tubes Death Match

Ryuji Ito & Takashi Sasaki defeat Abdullah Kobayashi & Ken Ohka (15:27)

Singles Match

Naomichi Marufuji defeats Tatsuhiko Yoshino (14:11)

Tag Team Match

Daisuke Sekimoto & Shuji Ishikawa defeat Kengo Mashimo & Ryuichi Sekine (16:32)

74 Man Tag Team Match

Abdullah Kobayashi, Amigo Suzuki, Antonio Honda, Atsushi Ohashi, CHANGO, Daichi Sasaki, Daisuke Sasaki, Daisuke Sekimoto, Dyna Mido, GENTARO, Great Kojika, Guts Ishijima, HARASHIMA, HAYATA, Hide Kubota, Hiro Tonai, Jaki Numazawa, Jun Kasai, Kaji Burdock, Kaji Pot-au-feu, Kaji Pot-au-feu 2, Kazuki Hashimoto, Kazuki Hirata, Ken Ohka, Madoka, Makoto Oishi, Masashi Otani, Masashi Takeda, Masked Buddy, Natsuki Taiyo, Seiya Morohashi, Shiori Asahi, Shuji Ishikawa, Spark Aoki, Takao Soma, Takumi Tsukamoto, Yasu Kubota & Yoshiko defeat Akito, Atsushi Kotoge, Carlos, Chon Shiryu, Danshoku Dino, Dynasty , Emi Sakura, Hiroshi Fukuda, Isami Kodaka, Jun Ogawauchi, Kaji Tomato, Kamui, Kaori Yoneyama, Karate Brahman, Kazuhiro Tamura, Kengo Mashimo, Kotaro Nasu, Mame Endo, Masaki Okimoto, Mio Shirai, Mototsugu Shimizu, Mr. PUSSY, Owen Phoenix, Ribbon Takashi, Ryuji Ito, Ryuji Yamakawa, Sanshiro Takagi, Shadow WX, TAKA Michinoku, Takashi Sasaki, Tatsuhiko Yoshino, Toru Sugiura, Tsutomu Oosugi, Yasu Urano, Yuji Okabayashi & Yuko Miyamoto (8:17)

And my questions/comments:

Firstly, the main event. A 74 Man Tag Team Match, that, according to the results, only lasted just over 8 minutes. How the heck does that work?!?

Also, Ken Ohka. In a lighttubes deathmatch. He's not a deathmatch wrestler at all, and I think this may very well have been his first time doing lighttube stuff.
    http://youtube.com/shaolinhandlock (Language Warning)

http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCx276JE__kjbcn9U8hcgYBA (My second channel, for my instrumental music and other stuff)

http://www.reverbnation.com/shaolinakashaolinhandlock (Language Warning)

ShaolinHandLock: The #1 Kung Fu Movie Expert on TWO!

vCash
    Pretty sure ECW had a mega man tag team match before Wrestlemania(?)

vCash
    As previously noted, WWE hall of famer Abdullah the Butcher was booked for the current All Japan Pro Wrestling tour, despite being in his early 70s. Butcher was booked for the 1/2 show in a trios match with Keiji Muto & Kikutaro against Masa Fuchi & Osamu Nishimura & Black Bushi. Butcher came to the ring with a cane, and said he couldn’t not wrestle and had to retire. He will continue to work the tour doing autograph signings. The current plan is to do a 3/20 Abdullah the Butcher retirement show at Sumo Hall.

source: Wrestling Observer Newsletter
    Makes you wonder if it's really injury or he's finally had that Hepatitis test and found something he doesn't like....

Internally, there is a push to delay the tentative date of April 1st for the launch of the WWE Network. The Wrestling Observer Newsletter reports that the potential delay is based on a lack of clearances at this point, and they don’t want to debut it with so few that it comes across like a flop right out of the gate. The only programming locked in is still the Legends House show.
    According to Dave Meltzer, CM Punk will be in the corner of UFC fighter Chael Sonnen for the 1/28 UFC on FOX 2 event in Chicago. At that event, Chael Sonnen faces Mark Munoz. WWE gave Punk the night off from the scheduled WWE house show in Evansville that night.
    In 2011, TNA Impact Wrestling finished with a 1.17 cable rating average.

Looking back:

2010 – 1.06
    2009 – 1.14
    2008 – 1.06
    2007 – 1.04
    2006 – 0.89

click here for all 2011 wrestling TV ratings.
    Kevin Nash made the following comments via Twitter:

Never realized I had a problem with Jim (Warrior). Seemed to get along fine in Scottsdale. Come on my clown, turn that frown upside down.

I’m talking shoot, not sports entertainment. Jim Hellwig needs to put up or shut the f**k up. Day before Mania in Miami area.

Warrior will have to pass all hiv and hep a b and c tests. I’ll do the same.

I’m tired of this guy talking sh*t about the boys & me. When they stop it or you tap, i’ll quit, or you can apologize like the c*nt you are.
    Nice...
    Mathematical

vCash
    No joke, I'd pay my money to see Nash vs. Warrior in a shoot fight, that would be amazing.
    TWO Senior Moderator

Boxing and MMA Forum Leader: Boxing and MMA Forum

vCash
    Some news from LOP.net

- Regarding Rob Van Dam's contract status with TNA Wrestling, WrestlingNewsWorld.com has confirmed that his current deal expires in March.

Power Slam states in their latest issue that RVD is seriously considering returning to WWE once his contract expires.
    The Rock is scheduled to appear on WWE TV soon. He is expected to start appearing live or on tape almost every week by late February to hype the match with John Cena at WrestleMania 28.
    - WWE is building to CM Punk hitting John Laurinaitis, and talking that it will be similar to how big it was when Steve Austin finally hit Vince McMahon with the Stunner during the Attitude era.
    - There is heat on Evan Bourne after Triple H confronted him a few weeks ago, blaming him for the story getting out about R-Truth's suspension being for fake marijuana or spice, as well as how they were smoking it together.

It's said that Triple H is not a fan of Bourne but Stephanie McMahon thinks he brings something unique to the table. Even with Stephanie's support, there is whispers within WWE that Bourne is about to be the next Paul London - a guy with talent who is going to be broken mentally by the system.

There is also heat on Bourne because of the idea that you are not supposed to publicly show frustration with company and some feel that he has done that through Twitter at times.
    - Someone in WWE creative recently brought up the idea of having Zack Ryder and The Situation from MTV's Jersey Shore do something at WrestleMania 28 in Miami.
    - Chris Jericho actually flew to WWE headquarters in Connecticut a while back and met with Vince McMahon to map out his return, all while claiming that he would never work with WWE again.

The cryptic videos leading to Jericho's return were WWE's Social Networking Department's idea. Several in the company felt that the campaign as too smart for its own good before they started airing.

During Jericho's unique return at Monday's RAW Supershow, people backstage were noting the similarities to the Dynamic Dudes character that John Laurinaitis played years ago.

Most expect Jericho to begin feuding with WWE Champion CM Punk, leading to a WrestleMania match. There is no word yet on exactly how long Jericho is back for but there was speculation going around that he will be involved in a major program after WrestleMania 28 with a match at SummerSlam.
    - Recent online reports have suggested that WWE is interested in signing several talents from TNA once their contracts with the company expire. Courtesy of PWTorch, here is a breakdown of the rumored names and if WWE is interested:

* Rob Van Dam - WWE is interested in bringing him back.

* Matt Morgan - WWE was interested in Morgan last year but he chose to stick with TNA.

* Bully Ray - WWE has shown some interest in the former Tag Team Champion. No word yet if they're interested in bringing Ray back with Devon as Team 3D.

* The Pope - Officials were interested early last year when he was being pushed but not so much anymore.

* Samoa Joe - There is no interest from WWE.

* Ink Inc. - There may be some interest in bringing back Shannon Moore down the road but Jesse Neal is viewed as a developmental prospect at best.

* James Storm and Robert Roode - WWE had interest last year in bringing Beer Money in as a tag team but word is that they're not interested in bringing the former TNA Tag Team Champions in as singles wrestlers.
    and JR sporting a funking goatee!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaun2J View Post
    @ 6:38

J.R. - The black...the bad guys get all the girls.
    T.B.G. - Awkward laugh.

"I have balls the size of grapefruits, and this Sunday you'll be spitting out the seeds!" -- Vince McMahon

"Kick him when he's down, he's easier to reach." -- Scott Hall

"I'd hate to end your career tonight...well, not really." -- Al Snow

"Win if you can, lose if you must, but ALWAYS cheat!" -- Jesse Ventura

vCash
    I think this is massively interesting given how quick a lot of poeple have been to slam Punk over his ratings drops:

Believe it or not, the quarter hour featuring the return of Chris Jericho on Raw Monday night lost about 80,000 viewers, according to Dave Meltzer. The highest rated quarter was the opening featuring John Cena’s promo to start the show. Overall viewership for the episode was down slightly, even though the rating was a 3.1, up from last week’s 2.9
    Mathematical

Thread Information