Talk Wrestling Online: Forum

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Doctor Who 2012

vCash

Doctor Who 2012

A few bits of Doctor Who releated news...

'Doctor Who': Karen Gillan, Arthur Darvill to leave next series
    Published Thursday, Dec 15 2011, 20:50 GMT | By Daniel Sperling

Doctor Who stars Karen Gillan and Arthur Darvill will be leaving the show during the next series, it has been confirmed.

The actors will depart their roles as The Doctor's companions Amy Pond and Rory Williams midway through the show's seventh run in 2012 in what was described as a "heartbreaking end".

Showrunner Steven Moffat confirmed at a press screening that Matt Smith's Time Lord will then be joined by "a new friend", who has yet to be cast.

"The final days of the Ponds are coming during the next series," he said. "I'm not telling you when or how, but that story is going to come to a heartbreaking end... Then The Doctor will meet a new friend."

Moffat added that he believes River Song (Alex Kingston) will make a return appearance, though it is unknown if the character will be involved in the couple's exit storyline.

It has been announced on the official Doctor Who Twitter profile that more details will be revealed tomorrow (December 16).

Smith stated: "The show will miss the Ponds, brilliantly played by Karen and Arthur, but the great thing about Doctor Who is its ability to change.

"We had the most incredible journey. We took over the show and we've really had to hold hands and help each other through it.

"So it's very disappointing, but one has to remember that this show is about change and regeneration, and that's what galvanizes it and pushes it forwards."

Gillan and Darvill both made their Doctor Who debut as Amy and Rory in the first episode of the show's fifth series in 2010.

Gillan told Digital Spy in August that she expected to be a part of the sci-fi's seventh run.

Addressing Amy and Rory's potential departure last month, the actress said: "Death would be an option. I don't want Amy to pop up again every so often, because for me it would take away from the big, emotional goodbye. Once she's gone, she's gone. I want people to remember the Amy Pond era as a good one."

Moffat revealed in November that Doctor Who's seventh series will air next Autumn.
    'Doctor Who' named most-downloaded US iTunes show over 'Modern Family'
    Published Friday, Dec 9 2011, 18:21 GMT | By Hugh Armitage

Doctor Who has topped this year's iTunes television download chart in the US.

The sixth series of the BBC production was the most downloaded television show of 2011, ahead of Modern Family.

"This is incredibly exciting news," said Doctor Who lead writer and executive producer Steven Moffat. "It's an honour to be on the same list as all those shows, let alone at the very top.

"And for a British show to have achieved this in the US is absolutely remarkable. Next, the universe!"

The British show beat US-made series including Dexter, True Blood and The Walking Dead to the top spot.

The latest season of Doctor Who included the opening two-episode story 'The Impossible Astronaut'/'Day of the Moon', which were the first episodes ever to be filmed in the US.

Doctor Who will return for the Christmas Day Special ' 'The Doctor, The Widow and The Wardrobe' at 7pm on BBC One.

The US iTunes list of 2011's most popular TV shows is:

1. Doctor Who
    2. Modern Family
    3. Dexter
    4. Breaking Bad
    5. True Blood
    6. Top Gear
    7. Glee
    8. Entourage
    9. Archer
    10. The Walking Dead
    Trailer for the upcoming Christmas edition:

GO RED: Become a Subscriber

Talk Wrestling Online Forum App: Android / iOS (Apple)

Forum Rules| Forum Policies| New to Talk Wrestling Online?

Talk Wrestling Online COMMUNITY Newsletter: Celebrating 10 years of TWO / WWE WrestleMania

vCash
    A few spoilers and rumours from different parts of the web.

Amy and Rorys last story

will be set in New York and feature the Wheeping Angels.

The next companion has been announced

Jenna Louise Coleman, formerly of Emmerdale and other things.

The next series teaser trailer leaked, its on a camera phone so its not great... but the man at 55 seconds really has me excited considering the rumours of

a multi Doctor story for the 50th anniversery

TWO Senior Moderator

¿¡Por qué no te callas!?

vCash
    The new Series 7 trailer for BBC America is out.

Remember we're only getting 5 episodes including the Christmas Special this year, the rest of Series 7 will air in 2013.

The new trailer is from the first 3 or so episodes, focusing on the Wild West episode, but at the end it looks like a Dalek poking it's 'eye' out of the sand.

I hope they don't do a multi-Doctor story, they should generally be left in the past. The only logical and pheasable way to have more than one Doctor (played by different actors rather than a 'Flesh' clone or tiny robot people clone) is that Tennant's half human/half timelord Doctor is still in the other dimension with Rose and Jackie.

I'd generally like to see Tennant's Doctor back for a little while, I think it'd be very interesting to see how he interacts with Matt Smiths.

Also I've read and makes sense that this will happen:

Amy will die.

Moffat said someone will die properly this time. The running joke has been that Rory always dies, much like Kenny from South Park.

Karen Gillan has said she wants to go out with a bang and not ever make any cameos. So draw from that whatever conclusions you want
    Check Me Out, Join The Revolution 500+ Followers
    @fletchercohol on Twitter

Also check out TWOStar's Own Famous on Twitter too now
    @FamousTWOStars

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Fletch View Post
    I hope they don't do a multi-Doctor story, they should generally be left in the past. The only logical and pheasable way to have more than one Doctor (played by different actors rather than a 'Flesh' clone or tiny robot people clone) is that Tennant's half human/half timelord Doctor is still in the other dimension with Rose and Jackie.
    That makes no sense at all. In a show based around Time Travel, anomilies, beings able to alter reality and multiple realities having a multi Doctor story is a piece of piss.
    TWO Senior Moderator

¿¡Por qué no te callas!?

vCash
    To see/meet himself, he'd have to travel backwards on his own timeline, something that is forbidden. Therefore to meet himself at any other point in time, future Doctor or Past, he or they would be breaking that rule. Come on Paul, keep up.

@FamousTWOStars

vCash
    Yes, and its not as though its happened before has it? Oh wait... yes it has, many times. Plus it was forbidden by the Time Lords and you may not have noticed but they arent about anymore.

You say keep up, but Im so far ahead of you that I'm about to lap you son.
    TWO Senior Moderator

¿¡Por qué no te callas!?

vCash
    Yes, it has happened in the past, and those stories by and large were horrendous.
    No they aren;t about, but the Doctor still lives and abides generally by the laws of the Timelords.

@FamousTWOStars

vCash
    I lost interest in this, after David Tennant went. I gave Matt Smith a go but something was just missing. I feel that they are taking the program down a different, a more kiddi-esh route. It doesn’t help that his companions just aren’t as interesting as previous ones.

Edit: Good timing, Paul.
    Last edited by Jamster26; 26-03-2012 at 10:44 AM.

vCash
    I disagree, effects aside they were pretty damned decent. The Three Doctors really built up the history and mythology of the Time Lords, The Five Doctors was just a fun little story and Time Crash was just brilliantly played. OK I agree that the Two Doctors was a bit crap though.

And he has shown himself willing (even in the Matt Smith version) and able to break those laws. So really you points about why it can't happen are just outright wrong. Sure you may not like the past stories of it, but that isnt a reason for it not being possible at all.
    TWO Senior Moderator

¿¡Por qué no te callas!?

vCash
    Yeesh. So The Doctor can't travel back in his own timestream because of a law that the Time Lords implemented and is only enforced by The Doctor himself? Guess that makes the whole Deus Ex Machina from "The Big Bang" season finale nonsensical, right?
    ---

\\ WEBSITE || TWITTER //

---

Thread Information