Talk Wrestling Online: Forum

Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Wrestling Genius
    vCash
    So here I am, waking up at 3am. The world is just the way I like it; dark and quiet. Let me pop a cigarette in my mouth and get this thing started.

Horowitz

HAKUSHI Vs 123 KID - SUMMERSLAM 95

Damn, I got a little nostalgia in my eye. When I grow up I wanna be Hakushi. I love watching older wwf matches like this. Vince was really great on commentary. He knew how to mix story telling with calling the match and making it feel exciting. Pretty good match in general. There was a lot of nice back and forth action and most importabtly, the crowd was into it.
    7/10

Beefhead

Taz vs Yoshihiro Tajiri

I've seen this match so many times that I don't have to watch it again to review it, but I'm gonna watch it anyway. It's just that awesome. These men are by far two of the best to step in an ECW ring. A Tommy Dreamer, Steve Corino, Ryhno and Jack Victory cameo works for me as well. Why is it that the ECW canvas always sounded more impactfull(word?) than any other? Every move sounded like an atomic bomb.

Joey:...and not on any other planet in the solar system including and especially (Perry) Saturn are you gonna see a throw like that!

Very clever, Joe. ; )

"Tajiri working on the chink in Taz's armor."

That high cradle su(Taz)plex is one of my favorite moves ever. Then there was the finish. "Beat me if you can... su-vive if I lechew!" Man, I miss the days when FTW meant F*ck The World.
    8/10

Jamz-tuh

Samoa Joe vs Kurt Angle vs Christian Cage

This match has a lot of good action, I'm just not invested enough in TNA to really give a damn about details here. I've been avoiding my reviews because I honestly didn't want to watch this match. I like Joe. I like Kurt and I like Christian, but TNA itself gets on my nerves. The finish sequence was pretty cool though.
    6/10

Spring

Chris Jericho vs Jeff Hardy

BREAK THE WALLS DOWN!
    10/10

Mr. Hancock

Tiger Mask Vs Mistico

Great pick. From the entrances alone I know I'm going to enjoy this. For my money there is no better commentary in the world than Japan. Speaking of the entrances, how awesome is Mistico's entrance? The music is epic and chainmail FTW! At lest he can see through that mask. Oh shit, son, here comes the horns! Add a nice little guitar riff and I'd be skanking to Tiger Mask's theme. I've seen better from these two, but this match was pretty great despite having a slow start. I wanted to see that half-nelson wrist-clutch plex so bad but I guess Mistico said no enough times that Tiger Mask felt bad for him or something.
    7/10

Chris2K

G.I Bro vs. Shawn Stasiak
    Is it just me that can't see the video? I had to open the reply with quote to see the link. It's dailymotion like the kid/hakushi match, but for some reason it's not embedded. Don't worry your pretty little head, Chris. I won't dock you any points for this obviously being your fault.

How is it that I remember none of this? Just what the hell is going on in WcW here? Well, whatever it is, it's hilarious to say the least. Hey, guy in the crowd! I used to have that same Hawaiian shirt. You hat sucks though.

Oh, Stasiak, why did you have to leave us? To be honest it was pretty boring until the babyface comeback finish that I thought was executed very well. Average match overall.
    5/10
    Entertainment Forum Leader: Entertainment Forum

Harm No Thing Unless Attacked Then Don't Look Back Tearing It Limb From Limb
    Gently Bend Them Bones Again
    Respond
    Take Out The Broken Parts
    The Speaker Is Now Broken You Respond

THE GAME

vCash
    Mistico vs Tiger Mask

Entrances are cool like Shao mentioned. This is pretty much what i was expecting which is a good thing. It's a very well put together match. Haven't seen an awful lot from these two in the past but this was very good overall. 8/10.

G.I. Bro vs Shawn Stasiak

I didn't think this was really remarkable but it was fun none the less. it was a bit boring in stages but mainly fun. Can't give it a really high rating but it gets a fair one. 6/10.

vCash
    Jericho vs Hardy
    Awesome match some cool spots, really enjoyed it, not much more i can say that other people havent already said 8/10

vCash
    Mistico vs Tiger Mask

I thought that this match was pretty good! I found it a bit slow to start with, but it got better towards the end! I had never seen any pre-WWE Sin Cara stuff before so it was good to see one of his earlier matches! I liked the bit where Mistico went for the springboard elbow but it got countered into a suplex, nice stuff. Something that always bugs me is when wrestlers try to get the crowd going by either clapping or stomping on the mat, i don't know why but it irritates me lol so it was weird seeing Mistico do that whilst in a submission move, especially as that would make it seem he was tapping out lol. But anyway, overall it was pretty good, so i will give this one a 6.5/10.
    I'm Not Sure What To Write Here...

vCash
    Tiger Mask vs Mistico
    Really enjoyed this match, but i like all the random flippy stuff, really liked the propet la mistica finish, only annoying thing was mictico trying to get the crowd to clap all the time i dont mind it occasionaly, but all the time it just gets annoying.
    8.5/10

vCash
    G.I. Bro vs Shawn Stasiak

Well....what to say about this one...lol! Erm, not really my thing if I'm honest! Apart from the rare exception, I have never enjoyed last man standing matches to be honest, so to me this wasn't very appealing. I've only even seen Shawn Stasiak when he was part of the Invasion in 2001 and didn't think much of him then and he wasn't that great here either but oh well! Some decent spots in this, such as the suplex on the ramp and a couple top rope moves but until the ending wasn't that interesting! Thought that Stasiak was going to win due to the interference, so was a nice surprise babyface win for G.I Bro. Wouldn't be something I would want to see again though, so I will give this 4/10, sorry!
    I'm Not Sure What To Write Here...

vCash
    Mistico vs Tiger Mask - NJPW 2009

Its been ages since I've seen a Mistico match. His entrance music is so wacky and awesome, it sounds like a church hymn. In a good way.

I like Mistico's highspots, and in general he was pretty good in this match. I also really like his vocal selling, which is all the more noticeable in Japan with quiet crowds. However, Tiger Mask f*cking sucks. He's just awful and he really brings this match down a hell of a lot. When he was on offense this got boring as hell, save for Mistico's selling, although I enjoyed the wacky leglock/facelock hold.

When Mistico went suddenly highspots I blinked a few times but hey, this is lucha. I liked the handspring into the suplex. TMIV's suplexes were about the only thing he contributed to this match. F*ck this clown. But hey, Mistico's spots are always fun and La Mistica rules. I also didnt realise he was winning so it was cool to be surprised. Still, this was completely unmemorable and didnt come close to meeting my expectations, which werent sky high to begin with, because Tiger Mask f*cking sucks. Disappointing. 4/10

G.I. Bro vs Shawn Stasiak - WCW GAB 2000

Points already for G.I. Bro. Booker T was a five-time world champ in this company, and WCW being what it is, I honestly cant tell if this is before, after or even during that run. Did they really go to such lengths as the flying zip-line entrance for something as lame and midcard as G.I. Bro? A "Boot Camp Match" sounds like a Diva Search gimmick or something, an excuse to dress the girls up in camo outfits and have a 90-second battle royal. As is, it was just an excuse to use as many different army puns as possible.

I think I'm rambling about crap because I have absolutely nothing to say about this match. Booker has never interested me in the ring, Stasiak is the definition of mediocre, and this was just a whole bunch of nothing for 15 minutes. The only spot I liked was Booker's flash Book End. When they said Stasiak was the tag champ I knew his partner would run in for the finish, and sure enough, but at least Booker made the save and got the babyface win. Just a whole bunch of nothing. 3/10

vCash
    4/10 for Mistico vs Tiger Mask?!? That was unexpected.

Also, why does Tiger Mask IV suck? I mean, he may not be quite as good as the three before him, and he may be pushed because of (supposed) nepotism, but I like him, and I don't really see any 'suck' in him.

I'm just curious as to why you think he sucks.
    http://youtube.com/shaolinhandlock (Language Warning)

http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCx276JE__kjbcn9U8hcgYBA (My second channel, for my instrumental music and other stuff)

http://www.reverbnation.com/shaolinakashaolinhandlock (Language Warning)

ShaolinHandLock: The #1 Kung Fu Movie Expert on TWO!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShaolinHandLock View Post
    4/10 for Mistico vs Tiger Mask?!? That was unexpected.

Also, why does Tiger Mask IV suck? I mean, he may not be quite as good as the three before him, and he may be pushed because of (supposed) nepotism, but I like him, and I don't really see any 'suck' in him.

I'm just curious as to why you think he sucks.
    I didnt expect it either, but the match did nothing for me.

Its got nothing to do with his push or any of that, I'm not that well-versed in Puro. My problem with him is, I watch him wrestle matches, and he's terrible.

He looks like he's putting zero effort in. Just using this match, I mean, that half-assed Tiger Feint, the way he Tombstoned Mistico and just casually stood up and walked over to the ropes, or especially the way he went outside and literally stood around like he was bored out of his mind, waiting for Mistico to tope. He put me to sleep when he was on offense, standing around and throwing a few stomps looking like he couldnt give a sh*t. He doesnt look believable or interested in any way, he makes everything look like sh*t, which completely takes me out of his matches. He just, he's terrible.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Redman View Post
    I didnt expect it either, but the match did nothing for me.

Its got nothing to do with his push or any of that, I'm not that well-versed in Puro. My problem with him is, I watch him wrestle matches, and he's terrible.

He looks like he's putting zero effort in. Just using this match, I mean, that half-assed Tiger Feint, the way he Tombstoned Mistico and just casually stood up and walked over to the ropes, or especially the way he went outside and literally stood around like he was bored out of his mind, waiting for Mistico to tope. He put me to sleep when he was on offense, standing around and throwing a few stomps looking like he couldnt give a sh*t. He doesnt look believable or interested in any way, he makes everything look like sh*t, which completely takes me out of his matches. He just, he's terrible.
    Fair enough, I did notice the standing around outside the ring waiting for the tope.

But I still enjoyed the match regardless of that, even if he wasn't putting 100% effort in.
    http://youtube.com/shaolinhandlock (Language Warning)

http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCx276JE__kjbcn9U8hcgYBA (My second channel, for my instrumental music and other stuff)

http://www.reverbnation.com/shaolinakashaolinhandlock (Language Warning)

ShaolinHandLock: The #1 Kung Fu Movie Expert on TWO!

Thread Information