Talk Wrestling Online: Forum

Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

vCash
    Chris Jericho vs Jeff Hardy - Well, this started out with far more brawling than I expected, considering who's wrestling. Hardy's walk along the railing, only to get thrown into the announce table was fun. The match then seemed to slow down, and while it did speed up a bit, it seemed slower overall from then on. Which isn't a criticism, just an observation. To be honest, I've seen better matches from both of them, and whilst it wasn't a bad match at all, I just can't bring myself to give it more than 5/10.
    http://youtube.com/shaolinhandlock (Language Warning)

http://www.reverbnation.com/shaolinakashaolinhandlock (Language Warning)

ShaolinHandLock: The #1 Kung Fu Movie Expert on TWO!

vCash
    I'm going to have to join in again in the next round, just because I had so many potential matches in mind. Because I assumed most people would be posting WWE and TNA (not that there's anything wrong with that), I knew I was either going to post some Mexican lucha-libra, or some Japanese super-junior, just to switch it up a little bit.

In the end, I settled for both, against each other.

It's not the greatest match of all time, but it's a lot of fun, and it's a very effective demonstration in the theory that lightweight ≠ no selling, despite the claims made by the X-Division, and I thought people might like to see some pre-WWE Sin Cara.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Redman View Post
    This week's matches are due today - Springsteen, Chris2k, John Hancock. Rocky you cant post your video until you're up to date.
    Either the time difference with Australia is even crazier than I imagined, or I think you're a day early, I thought we'd changed to Thursdays, which is today.
    Last edited by John Hancock; 24-11-2011 at 04:25 PM.
    TWO Senior Moderator

Boxing and MMA Forum Leader: Boxing and MMA Forum

vCash
    Three Way

OK, good start. Angle sells nice. Joe and Christian, yeah looking good. Joe at this point was pretty damned brilliant, before the Big Macs stopped being a treat and became every meal of the day. The push and slap were both heelish moves, arent they faces at this point? Or was it TNA during the 'shades of grey' for everybody shite? Shitty punches from Joe, did he always throw them that bad?
    Yeah, Joe doesnt look very comfortable in the six sided ring, he keeps hesitating before deciding what angle to bounce from, never noticed that before.

Kurts back in, nice European Uppercut to Christian.

Trading finishing attempts this early? Fair enough, reversed angle lock, shock horror. Nice belly to belly over the top rope!

As it moves into more spot based work it actually improves a lot. Kurt is looking a bit worn down and Joe is slow, thank God for Christian.

Clumsy as hell Tower of Doom spot. Nice idea, poor execution.

Lovely angle slam reversal by Christian. Sometimes I wonder if Angle understands about how to pace a match.

Oddest angle lock attempt ever, Christian was in the ropes and then tried to force the break by moving away from them towards a different set? Horrible schoolboy from Joe.

Ending was a cluster**** and I didnt enjoy it. This should have been great, as it was it was just average. 6/10
    TWO Senior Moderator

¿¡Por qué no te callas!?

TWO Hall of Fame Member
    vCash
    Sorry if it's late, like JH I was working on Thursday 24th November being the day it needed posting.

Anyway, I was watching RAW this week and I saw Booker T and thought "I'm going to post a Booker T match for my Wrestling Club video." Then I thought, "no I'm not, I'm going to post a G.I. BRO match for my Wrestling Club video. And so I picked this one at random.

What more could you ask for?

Now a fully-fledged member of the Paige bandwagon. Lovely, lovely Paige.

vCash
    Y2J Vs The Less F*cked Up Hardy

Nice start, some fairly realistic brawling going on, you could believe these guys had an issue. OK so it moved on to more normal WWE style work, but thats fine and not a shock. A few minor screw ups such as Jericho having to move himself into the corner properly and Jeff nearly landing on Jerichos head after the Whisper in the Wind, but otherwise fairly slick with just enough rawness to avoid looking rehersed.

The near falls were good and neither man was devalued by them (see Kurt, it can be done!). The finish was a surprise, I thought Jeff had it. Yeah, Im quite happy with that. 8/10
    TWO Senior Moderator

¿¡Por qué no te callas!?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by John Hancock View Post
    Either the time difference with Australia is even crazier than I imagined, or I think you're a day early, I thought we'd changed to Thursdays, which is today.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris2K View Post
    Sorry if it's late, like JH I was working on Thursday 24th November being the day it needed posting.
    That is completely my bad.

This is going to sound silly, but I'm on holidays right now, and I have real trouble remembering what day it is when I'm home every day. I think I actually said that on Wednesday thinking it was Thursday for some reason. Sorry.

vCash
    I have that problem every day, holidays or not. I only happen to know today's Thursday because it's Thanksgiving.
    TWO Senior Moderator

Boxing and MMA Forum Leader: Boxing and MMA Forum

vCash
    I already posted that Mistico/Tiger Mask match in the video vault.....here's my proof:

http://www.talkwrestlingonline.com/f...-vs-Tiger-Mask

Just saying. I'll have to watch it again to review it anyway, as it isn't clear in my memory.

Anyway, my reviews will be here later.

vCash
    Mistico vs Tiger Mask - To start with, the entrances were pretty cool. Even if they took a while. Onto the match, and I actually quite like when matches start with short, quick bursts of action. Mistico looked like he almost slipped when he landed on his feet on the front-flip. The rope-assisted arm-drag that Tiger Mask did was done to perfection. We have some really good grappling exchanges now, of course, they've been really good since the match started. The kicks to the back from Mistico was cool. And the spinning back-kick of Tiger Mask was awesome. I'm liking the submissions. And I love Mistico's high-flying, it's so crisp in its execution. The handspring into the german suplex was fun. And everything leading up to the finish I really enjoyed too.

This match was a really fun match to watch, even though I had seen it before. It is methodical in its pace, but it is never dull or boring, and every move is performed to perfection. It has an equal balance between the high-flying and the submissions and the technical side, and it all worked together very well. The pace of the entire match was really good, as it remained consistent throughout. I really liked this match, and I'm going to give it a pretty high rating of 8/10.

vCash
    G.I. Bro vs Shawn Stasiak - Firstly, I haven't actually seen any of Booker T's run as G.I. Bro, so this should be interesting. Or, if I have seen any G.I. Bro matches, I don't remember seeing them. Mr. Perfect theme? Gimmick infringement! Anyway, the match started out with some basic brawling. Nothing wrong with that, but it's nothing special. We're in the ring now, and it's still basic brawling...along with a scoop-slam from each man, and now we're outside again. And now we're brawling in the crowd...and that didn't last very long. I have nothing against brawling, but why should it be this basic? Mix it up a bit! A not very well done double-axe handle from Bro, and we're back in the ring. After some exchanges, we're back outside again, and another throw into the guard-rail spot. And another one. Suplex onto the steel-ramp, and finally something exciting! Seriously, that's been the most exciting spot of the match so far. Back in the ring after more brawling, and Stasiak leaps from the top-rope. That was nicely done. And the sequence following was alright as well, with the suplex and clothesline. Aaaaaaaand back out of the ring. And another throw into the guard-rail spot.....I'm really getting sick of those now. After they get back into the ring, the gutwrench suplex was nicely done. I liked that. Sleeper hold now, and is the crowd chanting 'boring' or 'Booker'? I'm having a hard time telling. Some good stuff following this, with the suplexes, but that missile-dropkick looked not so good. Interference time, this is WCW afterall. The double-clothesline was cool, even if it wasn't perfect. And we have the finish, and after the interference, I was expecting a more screwey finish than that.

Now then, my rating....firstly, I must say, I have absolutely nothing against basic matches that aren't as flashy as they could be, but this match here just lacked that certain 'something'. It wasn't all that exciting, sure, it had its moments, but overall I found it quite dull. And I know for a fact that Booker T is capable of far better than this, I could probably list at least fifty better matches of his than this one. I'm sorry, I tried to enjoy it more than I did, but I found it quite dull. And the endless punching, as well as the repeated guard-rail spot got annoying after a while. I think I can sum it up by saying that this match was supposed to be a wild-brawl, but it lacked the excitement that a wild-brawl should have. I'm sorry, but I'm giving this 3.5/10.

Thread Information