Talk Wrestling Online: Forum

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Bad example as burning bras didnt happen. Or sayeth QI.
    ¿¡Por qué no te callas!?

vCash
    Yeah, it was a shorthand for the Suffragette movement and later Womans Lib, both of which weren't exactly subtle.

vCash
    They didn't burn them, but they did throw them in bins. They wanted to burn them, but they couldn't get the permit to do so in public.

Feminists burn bras now though, so it does happen.
    TWO Senior Moderator

Boxing and MMA Forum Leader: Boxing and MMA Forum

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Anime Otaku View Post
    According to this article it was a male officer. http://www.excal.on.ca/news/dont-dre...t-toronto-cop/
    Yeah, my mistake; I misread the original article I saw the story mentioned. Apologies, Megz.
    No one knows what it's like
    To be the bad man
    To be the sad man
    Behind blue eyes
    And no one knows
    What it's like to be hated
    To be fated to telling only lies

vCash
    'Feminists'....the polite name for highly strung, stuck up dykes!

vCash
    'Misogynist' - the polite name for Beltster.
    No one knows what it's like
    To be the bad man
    To be the sad man
    Behind blue eyes
    And no one knows
    What it's like to be hated
    To be fated to telling only lies

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The Beltster View Post
    'Feminists'....the polite name for highly strung, stuck up dykes!
    Just because I think it's worth mentioning here that many feminists are actually AGAINST the slut walk. I'd never heard of this term before I started talking to this person about the slut walk but the main "group" organising it consider themselves to be "Sex Positive". So essentially it's the idea that actually being sexually active is always a good thing but really you're talking about people raging against the kind of people who would call someone a slut and mean it whole heartedly.

And that's what kind of ruined it for me because unlike what John said they really are all about reclaiming the word Slut as much as they are protesting police attitudes or the treatment of rape victims in society. I don't disagree with the vague stance that sex is a positive thing but there's all these other undercurrents like "why can't women be sluts if they want" and "if men can be sluts why can't women" which again are all pointless things to try and rail against.
    We're here and we're taking over!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DC View Post
    'Misogynist' - the polite name for Beltster.
    I love women, as long as they can cook and clean.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Omega View Post
    I don't disagree with the vague stance that sex is a positive thing but there's all these other undercurrents like "why can't women be sluts if they want" and "if men can be sluts why can't women" which again are all pointless things to try and rail against.
    See, now I don't see those as pointless things to rail against. Why should it be ok for a man to put it about, but a woman is a ***** or a slut if she does? That's just blatantly sexist.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Omega View Post
    Just because I think it's worth mentioning here that many feminists are actually AGAINST the slut walk. I'd never heard of this term before I started talking to this person about the slut walk but the main "group" organising it consider themselves to be "Sex Positive". So essentially it's the idea that actually being sexually active is always a good thing but really you're talking about people raging against the kind of people who would call someone a slut and mean it whole heartedly.
    Sex Positive is more that Sexuality and sex between consenting adults of any gender identity is nothing to be ashamed of, basically it opposes the extreme feminism (Sex between Men and Women is always rape even if she consents) and conservatives, particularly the religious right, that says sexuality is shameful and should not be expressed openly, and tries to push a hetronormative stance on people.
    We live in a world where we have to hide to make love, but violence is practiced in broad daylight.
    John Lennon

“There is a rumor going around that I have found God. I think this is unlikely because I have enough difficulty finding my keys, and there is empirical evidence that they exist."
    Sir Terry Pratchett

Inside every cynical person, there is a disappointed idealist.

Thread Information