Talk Wrestling Online: Forum

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

vCash
    I admit I used to buy it back in secondary school, but that's because I liked having something to read during breaks, and the only music mags back then I could actually afford were NME and Kerrang!, with Kerrang! not really being for me. I used to know a guy who used to buy it religiously and follow anything they were following. Back in the MySpace days, he took a picture of himself posing with an issue that celebrated an anniversary of The Smiths - "The Queen Is Dead". He literally had never heard any other Smiths song than "This Charming Man"... That's the exact audience that NME is for. I remember the picture got put on Encyclopedia Dramatica at some point, I'm not sure if it's there still.

A friends friend who added me on Facebook is a bit like that, she's really young though, so she has time though...
    "Opened a cloest door and a pair of trousers spinning around no wind or anything just trousers spinning." - WAYNE

vCash
    If you're under 18, it's fine to be like that I think, just because everyone's a bit weird about fitting in and finding their place and finding their clique and all that at that age.

I used to buy Kerrang!. That was more my sort of scene. I think I bought NME once or twice, and couldn't be doing with it. That that particular time, it was getting it's all moist downstairs fetishizing everything that happened in the 1990's to a ludicrous degree, and condemning everything that happened after 1997 as artless and unworthy.
    TWO Senior Moderator

Boxing and MMA Forum Leader: Boxing and MMA Forum

vCash
    I think my dad buys it now and then, he looks for new bands he might like in it.
    TWO Senior Moderator

¿¡Por qué no te callas!?

vCash
    Kerrang is now just a shiny-shiny catalogue aimed at emo kids and wannabe mini moshers that just trys to sell as many hoodies and fingerless gloves as it possibly can.
    Swig of beer for the workin' man.
    -- Steve Austin

~~~ ~~~ ~~~

// Tweet! // WrestleHolic // eBay Stuff! // The Inno View //

vCash
    I've always liked Q magazine personally.

Cheers!
    Sports Forum Leader: Sports Forum

vCash
    Rock Sound is the only music magazine I'm interested in now.
    TWO Senior Moderator

Boxing and MMA Forum Leader: Boxing and MMA Forum

vCash
    My NME days were back when the whole White Stripes/Strokes/Anything the Strokes likes hype was taking place, I didn't even have internet access (dark days) so it was my only source of music news. There were a ton of good bands covered but, as Chancock said, it was just solely because it was fashionable. It was pretty noticeable after a while. They used to have a list like every two weeks too. And don't get me started on the ''cool list''.

I always recommend Mojo but some people don't like the focus on older stuff, which I get. I could read a Dylan feature every month though.
    Self pity and conceit are not wrong. Your mother was in error.

vCash
    Last FM, Youtube and Dailymotion mostly. Also general word of mouth. That said I prefer older music and chinese and Japanese music. The later of which is not much written about in the western press.

Smith & Wesson Special, the only bullet you need to know about.

vCash
    I have to admit to buying NME and Melody Maker back when I was in college.
    We live in a world where we have to hide to make love, but violence is practiced in broad daylight.
    John Lennon

I'm NOT weird, I'm Limited Edition!

Inside every cynical person, there is a disappointed idealist.

vCash
    I used to buy the Australian Kerrang! (yes, there was one) when I was in school. It was actually about the bands I liked, and it was great for me as a musical noob because it introduced me to a lot of stuff that I ended up liking. This was 5, 6, 7 years ago though, it closed down in Australia.

This thread is good for me though, because since I stopped reading magazines and listening to the radio and stuff I havent got into much new music for years now. And I dont know where to look. My problem is that I dont really like whats "in" at the moment, the indie bands and electro and dance music and the terrible current r'n'b.

Thread Information