Talk Wrestling Online: Forum

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

vCash
    Isn't it technically, The Miz?

And, like Batista, it's from his real name, Mike Mizanin.

vCash
    I know its from his real name, and adding 'The' in front of it doesnt make it any less shit!

vCash
    Some would say that 'The Undertaker' is a rubbish name or that calling someone 'Mankind' is stupid but in my opinion it depends on how well the person portraying that character performs with it.

Sure there are some names through the years that no amount of hard work and commitment could overcome,such as Kwang or Who? but names like Hulk Hogan and The Miz are hardly the worst monickers ever given to a pro-wrestler.

But back to what I said a moment ago,it really does depend on how well the person with the name works with it.

vCash
    How does Miz sound any less lame than Who?

Eh, I'm over talking about this, its getting old. Miz's name sucks the long dong in my opinion, whatever anybody else thinks is up to them.

vCash
    John Cena is one of the most talented people I've ever seen in wrestling.

But I detest his character (or what he does on the programmes.)

So yeah, some have talent but very little direction (or good direction anyway.)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jung View Post
    I disagree completely.

Miz, Kingston, Morrison, Swagger, MVP, Dibiase etc all have the potential to be good main eventers.

We aren't talking about finding the new Austin or Hogan, but those guys with some tweaking and fine tuning, could easily become solid and fresh main eventers, with potential to become top stars.
    I wasn't talking about finding the next Austin or Hogan either. I don't really understand how you can disagree with me saying there are very few options, then come up with only six names out of the entire roster. That kind of proves my point.

Even if you take the guys you mentioned, there are only three of them that can really be taken seriously. Swagger has been booked horribly and is going nowhere fast. MVP's ship has sailed, he's a upper mid carder at best and Dibiase is lumbered by having spent most of his time in Orton's shadow and is best known as part of Legacy. That's not saying given a good push and getting away from Rhodes and Orton he can't make a name for himself, but I just can't see it right now.

The other three, Kingston, Miz and Morrison do have a chance if they are booked correctly and given the push of their lives. Kingston has the crowd on his side, Morrison makes a great heel and Miz should just keep doing what he's doing hope that the WWE sees the potential. Given the talent on both rosters it's sad really that only three guys really have a shot at the main event.
    I'm a bit of a b*llshitter myself but occasionally enjoy listening to an expert. Please carry on.

"Treat everyone the same until you find out they're an idiot."

A rose by any other name, is just a pr*ck in a bush.

vCash
    I think he took your original comment to be saying that they had few options because the talent wasnt there to push, whereas I think you're saying they have few options because they have talent that they just dont and wont book properly.

Plus, I dont know how six potential main event guys at once is really an "only" thing at all. That is PLENTY to be going on with, and there are other guys Jung didnt mention. Its just a case of taking the guys and actually following through on them. But the guys are there, plenty of them.

vCash
    The talent pool in WWE has never been this weak.

vCash
    Better than that of Bad Boy Wrestling.
    ¿¡Por qué no te callas!?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Redman View Post
    I think he took your original comment to be saying that they had few options because the talent wasnt there to push, whereas I think you're saying they have few options because they have talent that they just dont and wont book properly.

Plus, I dont know how six potential main event guys at once is really an "only" thing at all. That is PLENTY to be going on with, and there are other guys Jung didnt mention. Its just a case of taking the guys and actually following through on them. But the guys are there, plenty of them.
    Basically this. The way I read you're comment Fiona was that you think there's nobody talented enough to become a main eventer, which IMO is rubbish. But if you don't mean that, then I apologise.

And with the six options, notice the etc bit. I wasn't going to list 25 people.

And pretty much anybody has a shot at main event...if booked right. I mean Sheamus for instance went from nowhere to main event programmes in 2 months. You can still say he's booked badly (which applies to most of the roster, including main eventers) but it shows virtually anyone can at this rate.

I don't really think they have a lack of talent in the roster, I just think the roster is incredibly narrow and all the heels are the same, have to act, talk and wrestle the same way so nobody stands out to get enough of an individual crowd reaction. Same with the babyfaces too. Everybody's trying to be cool and it just doesn't work.

I don't think the roster is any worse than say mid 90's, it's just the booking is so narrow, samey and safe that nobody has a realistic chance of breaking out cause they are all the same.
    Turns Water into Funk

Weekly Column: The Iron Jung!
    http://www.wrestling101.com/101/category/jung

Thread Information