Talk Wrestling Online: Forum

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Yeah I didnt really mean that as a serious question, I knew what you meant. I just thought of it.

vCash
    The whole big stars thing, I asked my 10 yr old who he thought the big stars are in WWE. His reply was Cena, Undertaker, Mysterio, Jeff Hardy (and he's not even there any more) & HHH. I asked why, he said because those are the ones you see on all the rubbish writing pads, pencil cases, colouring books ect that the WWE make because the WWE would only put their best wrestlers on things like that.

As for the actual question, its tricky to judge with all the false starts the current crop have had. I mean, the list of midcarders who've had a bit of a push then dropped back down the card for whatever reason is huge: Matt Hardy, Kennedy, Morrison, Kofi, Swagger, just a few they've tried things with and then let them flounder. They obviously just can make it work (in their eyes) with any of the current guys yet. Drew & Miz are both being pushed right now, but they might be dropped into jobber obscurity at any time.

Assuming they have some kind of plan, making a lot of stars slowly over time could be the answer if some of their top line stars plan on retiring soon, they squeeze every last drop of use from the old guard before elevating some fresher faces to the main event. Using the draft correctly they could build some people up to fill empty gaps easily as they have guys who have had a trial run first, so they have an idea of who can make it and who can't. Who knows, a couple of years down the line it could be Swagger headlining WM going over Cena clean to take a title, or Morrison vs Miz.

vCash
    The fact that the fans really don't give a damm about most of the wrestlers doesn't bode well for the WWE making new stars. Look at the way the fans response to Sheamus, they don't care about him. He's not seen as championship material, and his booking lately hasn't helped matters.

Very few wrestlers today have what it takes to break out from the rest. Individuality is a thing of the past. Wrestling has become in a word "boring".
    I'm a bit of a b*llshitter myself but occasionally enjoy listening to an expert. Please carry on.

"Treat everyone the same until you find out they're an idiot."

A rose by any other name, is just a pr*ck in a bush.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Fiona View Post
    Very few wrestlers today have what it takes to break out from the rest.
    I disagree completely.

Miz, Kingston, Morrison, Swagger, MVP, Dibiase etc all have the potential to be good main eventers.

We aren't talking about finding the new Austin or Hogan, but those guys with some tweaking and fine tuning, could easily become solid and fresh main eventers, with potential to become top stars.
    Turns Water into Funk

Weekly Column: The Iron Jung!
    http://www.wrestling101.com/101/category/jung

vCash
    I dont see what everybody else see's in Miz personally. To me, he comes across as a small time indy loser with a bad act. I think he's below average in the ring too. He's shit, I hate him not because he is a good heel, I hate him like I used to hate Dino Bravo: because he sucked the big one.

Kingston is decent, Morrison's act has worn thin and I think his time to break out has passed, he will be heel again sooner rather than later. Swagger is worthless. I've said it since the start, he is a joke. He looks retarded, like as in legit mentally handicap and his entrance where he throws that eppy fit is the worst thing I may have ever witnessed. Awful. MVP is in the same position as Morrison, they had a chance to push him, didnt jump on it and now his window is closed. DiBiase has zero charisma.

Of all the young people in WWE, I think Kingston is the best bet to get over with the fans as a legit main event popular babyface. Christian might get a chance now ECW is gone.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The Beltster View Post
    I dont see what everybody else see's in Miz personally. To me, he comes across as a small time indy loser with a bad act. I think he's below average in the ring too. He's , I him not because he is a good heel, I him like I used to Dino Bravo: because he sucked the big one.
    Small-time indie act? Did you actually watch his anti-Cena promos or see any of his promos since he split from Morrison?

He comes across as naturally confident and carries himself like a star,a truly great heel shouldn't admit nor act like they are inferior to anybody and Miz fits that,it is truly believable that he rates himself above the rest.

He kind of reminds me of Chris Jericho when he debuted,a brash and full of himself wrestler who loves the sound of his own voice and actually provokes genuine reactions from the fans rather then complete silence.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkMatchJobber View Post
    Small-time indie act? Did you actually watch his anti-Cena promos or see any of his promos since he split from Morrison?

He comes across as naturally confident and carries himself like a star,a truly great heel shouldn't admit nor act like they are inferior to anybody and Miz fits that,it is truly believable that he rates himself above the rest.

He kind of reminds me of Chris Jericho when he debuted,a brash and full of himself wrestler who loves the sound of his own voice and actually provokes genuine reactions from the fans rather then complete silence.
    Yeah, small time indy act. If I didnt watch them, would I comment on him?

I think he looks and acts like a loser, and he is crap in the ring. Looks like a jobber and his promos are weak. Sorry, the guy cant act.

Oh, and the name Miz...its shit.

vCash
    So if you were in charge of WWE (and no you can't bring back Hogan) who would you push or if nobody what would you do to get them going again?
    Turns Water into Funk

Weekly Column: The Iron Jung!
    http://www.wrestling101.com/101/category/jung

vCash
    Even if I could bring Hogan back, I wouldnt. Vince doesnt use him enough, I'm much happier with him on TV weekly in TNA without so many restrictions as I would be seeing him in WWE once every year.

As for your question, I have no idea. They are in the toilet. I dont think its so much talent as just the style of booking. I dont like the brand split, never have. I dont like having all those belts. I dont like rushed angles. The look of the shows is so stale.

I think there are alot of things than need to be changed before who is in what spot, talent wise is addressed to be honest.

vCash
    Yeah, the actual talent level of the guys is not even in the top 50 of problems concerning the lack of new stars.

Thread Information