Talk Wrestling Online: Forum

View Poll Results: What Did You Think of the 3-Hour edition of iMPACT?

Voters
26. You may not vote on this poll
  • Excellent

4 15.38%
  • Very Good

10 38.46%
  • Good

7 26.92%
  • Fair

1 3.85%
  • Poor

4 15.38%
  • Very Poor

0 0%
Page 4 of 41 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

vCash
    For anyone who expects a decent rating, don't get your hopes up. From this week's F4W (subscribe, you assholes):

"When Impact first announced that Hogan was coming to TNA, and later that they would be running head-to-head against Raw on January 4th, a lot of fans got excited at the potential of a "new Monday Night War." But with just days left, it appears TNA has once again dropped the ball, and WWE, while internally totally unconcerned about losing the ratings battle, is nonetheless bringing out the big guns in an effort to apparently make their victory as lopsided as possible."

"Apparently the idea was that it was the first Monday of 2010, the first Monday without football competition, and thus a perfect day to fire that supposed first shot. But apparently nobody in TNA bothered to look at the calendar, because if they had they'd have known that the two Thursdays prior would fall on Christmas Eve and New Year's Eve. They were so sure they weren't going to do a rating Christmas Eve that they canceled the show, and the New Year's show, the final show before D-Day, is also going to most likely fall below a 1.0 rating, perhaps substantially below, with people out celebrating that night."

"I would guess best-case scenario they'll do between 1.5 and 1.8 million viewers in hour one. Hours two and three opposite Raw I can't imagine doing better than an 0.8, and the third hour may even do worse since Impact has been badly losing ground 45 to 75 minutes into the show every week."

"I'd expect Raw to do in the high 3s, maybe a 3.8 both hours and perhaps even more depending upon how important the fans consider Bret Hart in 2010. Second hour with the big angle could conceivably hit a 4.0, so I'll predict 3.9 for Raw vs. 0.9 for Impact. "

vCash
    They are guessing therefore they don't really know what will happen, lets wait and see. You would think that as spike is taking a risk they would you know advertise it themselves
    What Chocolate Bar does this wrestler look like.......

vCash
    From Wrestling 101:

The news of Hulk Hoganís return to pro wrestling made me sit up and take notice. As an almost-life long Hulk Hogan fan, even now at 56 years old, Hoganís involvement in pro wrestling interests me and just thinking about the possibilities gets me excited. We need to take a step back though and quickly put into perspective what Hulk Hogan has done in the business...

> Hulk Hogan returns and leads the charge against WWE
    GO RED: Become a Subscriber

Talk Wrestling Online Forum App: Android / iOS (Apple)

Forum Rules| Forum Policies| New to Talk Wrestling Online?

Talk Wrestling Online COMMUNITY Newsletter: Celebrating 10 years of TWO / WWE WrestleMania

vCash
    I heard that RVD I supposed to make a special apperance
    lilthj next wwe champ

vCash
    Vince Russo has launched a Facebook page and posted the following message, teasing surprises for Monday night:

"Thanks for joining me here on my page. I look forward to interacting with you all. Gearing up for live show on Monday--been working around the clock. I hope you all tune in so we can give the other Vince a run for his money. There are many surprises on the show . . . MANY surprises!"

- Meanwhile, Eric Bischoff is saying the same thing on his Twitter page:

"Wrestling fans love surprises...Monday Night Jan 4 shoulld be a fun night over at TNA"
    http://www.lordsofpain.net/news/tna/5640.html

Heres a link to the Russo Facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/vincerusso.r...peopera?v=info

You know you wanna
    This post was bought to you by the friends and supporters of Y2James

vCash
    These people are retarded.

vCash
    As are these ones XD;;;

http://www.facebook.com/board.php?uid=31695961025

I love Facebook fans...like a bullet to the skull. o.O;
    Evolution just passed you by!!

~H}{H~ Evolution - Squashing the TWO forum for his own pleasure...
    "Doing what's BEST for business!"

#BelieveinEvolution

vCash
    No I mean Russo and the rest of the TNA crew.

They need exposure so they court all of these big names (Flair, RVD, whoever else), and instead of actually announcing them and getting exposure, they announce nothing and say "Tune in for surprises!"

Not to mention they say this on Russo's God damn Facebook, which isnt exactly reaching out to people that dont watch already.

"Wrestling fans love surprises" ..God damn.

I mean, its OK if they want to stagger the arrivals of Flair and RVD and such in the hope of popping some more ratings in the coming weeks, but if they're going to have something like Flair walking out there unannounced, man. They're going even further back in time than 1996 now, they're going for Lex Luger on the first Nitro.

vCash
    Yeah, I know - it's all pretty obvious that surprises are in store, which is what people are going to watch for anyway.
    Hardly ANY actual point in teasing folks with the obvious at this point...it just comes across badly.
    Evolution just passed you by!!

~H}{H~ Evolution - Squashing the TWO forum for his own pleasure...
    "Doing what's BEST for business!"

#BelieveinEvolution

vCash
    Don't know if this links into anything around iMPACT, but JBL's updated his own Twitter, saying:
    "My good friend Eric Bischoff is promising a surprise Jan 4th, I love it."

JBL, anyone?

Thread Information