Talk Wrestling Online: Forum

View Poll Results: What Did You Think of the 3-Hour edition of iMPACT?

Voters
26. You may not vote on this poll
  • Excellent

4 15.38%
  • Very Good

10 38.46%
  • Good

7 26.92%
  • Fair

1 3.85%
  • Poor

4 15.38%
  • Very Poor

0 0%
Page 2 of 41 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

vCash
    I think bring in for something specific, like a grand match as I mentioned, and he'd be fine. Give him 3 weeks worth of promo/program with those two, hype the living crap out of it with great video packages, history etc.

Not to mention with Bret you've got the Hart Dynasty he could help, could work with Austin in some way and obviously do something with Vince.

Bret's never going to be a major draw, he's not a major star. But he'll certainly help them draw back some older fans and hopefully make for some exciting, role back the clock to 97, type shows.

Which is why I hope he isn't a guest host, unless it's to do one of those things I mentioned.
    Turns Water into Funk

Weekly Column: The Iron Jung!
    http://www.wrestling101.com/101/category/jung

vCash
    I forgot about the Hart Dynasty, but they seem below him.

vCash
    Yeah, looks like Bret will be Raw's host, Meltzer has all but confirmed it. He and Bret are pretty close friends. That's TNA's show dead in the water. Since TNA is watched mainly by older, long term fans, they aren't going to miss Bret Hart in a WWE ring with a live mic, over Hogan and Brian Knobbs.

vCash
    WOW! what a move by vince if its true, thought it would be the rock.
    Considering i was'nt really aware of anything when i was 5 in 1997 this will be cool to see an old rivalry come back
    LIVERPOOL LIVERPOOL

Tartan Army

WWE all the way

vCash
    I thought Bret was being saved for WM...

Maybe he will do both

vCash
    It would be a massive waste to have Bret do the Jan 4th show, simply because without him, they are still going to comfortably beat TNA. So what's the point? I'd rather save him for WM, when they could potentially increase the buyrate with him.

It could almost be a bit Goldberg/Hogan with him really. Could waste it all on getting a major rating when you don't actually need one.
    Turns Water into Funk

vCash
    Yeah, that times a hundred.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jung View Post
    It would be a massive waste to have Bret do the Jan 4th show, simply because without him, they are still going to comfortably beat TNA. So what's the point? I'd rather save him for WM, when they could potentially increase the buyrate with him.

It could almost be a bit Goldberg/Hogan with him really. Could waste it all on getting a major rating when you don't actually need one.
    Yeah, I was under the impression, that it would be business as usual for the 4th of Jan and that the WWE are really not remotely worried what about the Hogan/TNA link...

Its the feeling WWE will still comfortably win, so why even give TNA any credit by actively being seen to compete..So I would be suprised to see Bret or The Rock...

vCash
    I mean they could do a show as crappy as Monday's...and still comfortably beat TNA.

Surely that's more telling, than having to bring out a major star as a weapon to beat a company who struggle to beat ECW every week.

It's like bringing in Rooney for a 3rd round match against Grimsby. Not really necessary.
    Turns Water into Funk

vCash
    If Vince is saying that he's not worried, then by the fact he's using his mouth to speak, he's probably lying. He may not be worried about TNA beating him, but if he brings in Bret that night, he's doing it to kill off any possibility of anyone switching over. And if the Jan 4th show was like last Mondays, their would have been a lot of channel hopping. Bret Hart on Raw is to kill the TNA show, no other reason. If you think the TNA live show isn't on their radar, you are really gullable.

Thread Information