Talk Wrestling Online: Forum

View Poll Results: What Did You Think of the 3-Hour edition of iMPACT?

Voters
26. You may not vote on this poll
  • Excellent

4 15.38%
  • Very Good

10 38.46%
  • Good

7 26.92%
  • Fair

1 3.85%
  • Poor

4 15.38%
  • Very Poor

0 0%
Page 1 of 41 12311 ... LastLast

vCash

TNA 3 Hour LIVE Monday Night iMPACT! - 4th January 2010

Preview:

Venue:
    The iMPACT! Zone

TV Schedule:
    USA: Monday 4th January on Spike TV at 8/7c - LIVE
    UK: Saturday 9th January on Bravo at 9pm

Hulkamania Is Coming Back To Monday Night On "TNA iMPACT!" LIVE On Spike TV
    4th January 2010

The biggest name in professional wrestling history, Hulk Hogan, will make his first LIVE appearance on Total Nonstop Action Wrestling's "TNA iMPACT!" in a LIVE 3-Hour special on Monday 4th January at 8/7c on Spike TV. Hogan and TNA President Dixie Carter attended "The Ultimate Fighter Heavyweights" Finale in Las Vegas where Hogan made the announcement in an interview with Joe Rogan.

"TNA iMPACT!" will be going against "WWE Monday Night RAW" on the USA Network, the first time two wrestling companies have broadcast LIVE head-to-head since the "Monday Night Wars" in the late 1990's between WWE and WCW. This "iMPACT!" special will broadcast LIVE from the TNA iMPACT! Zone at Universal Studios in Orlando, Florida.

Hogan's first appearance inside the six-sided ring of TNA Wrestling will follow weeks of speculation after Hogan and Carter announced their partnership on Tuesday 27th October at Madison Square Garden in New York City. Hogan has hinted in various media interviews that he'll have multiple surprises in store for TNA Wrestling fans.

"I knew when I signed with TNA, that it would be important to make a statement with the first episode. Going head-to-head on January 4th, makes the statement loud and clear: Game on!" Hogan said.

"TNA is kicking off 2010 in the biggest way possible with the biggest name in the history of our sport. Hulk Hogan is a pop culture icon, and his arrival will change not only TNA, but the entire professional wrestling landscape. We’re firing that first shot," Carter said.

Joining Hogan for the three-hour LIVE "iMPACT!" will be TNA World Heavyweight Champion "The Phenomenal" AJ Styles, Olympic Gold Medalist Kurt Angle, Mick Foley, Kevin Nash, "The Samoan Submission Machine" Samoa Joe, "The Boss" Bobby Lashley and "The Blueprint" Matt Morgan.

"TNA iMPACT!" will resume to its normal timeslot on Thursday 7th January at 9/8c with an encore viewing of the LIVE "iMPACT!" special!

SpikeTV and TNA Wrestling have unveiled a huge billboard in New York City's Times Square to promote the upcoming Monday 4th January 3-hour LIVE Monday Night "iMPACT!" on SpikeTV.

The billboard is located at 1500 Broadway in Times Square. If you are visiting New York City in the next few weeks, be sure to check it out.
    [YOUTUBE]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/nEuQOGxWXLM&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en_ US&feature=player_embedded&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/nEuQOGxWXLM&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en_ US&feature=player_embedded&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]

From Wrestling 101:

The news of Hulk Hogan’s return to pro wrestling made me sit up and take notice. As an almost-life long Hulk Hogan fan, even now at 56 years old, Hogan’s involvement in pro wrestling interests me and just thinking about the possibilities gets me excited. We need to take a step back though and quickly put into perspective what Hulk Hogan has done in the business...

> Hulk Hogan returns and leads the charge against WWE
    US Scene Forum Leader: US Scene Forum

8th September: WWE RAW LIVE - Baltimore Arena, Baltimore
    9th September: WWE SmackDown Tapings - Mohegan Sun Arena, Wilkes-Barre
    15th September: WWE RAW LIVE - Cajundome, Lafayette
    10th November: WWE RAW Tapings - Echo Arena, Liverpool
    11th November: WWE SmackDown Tapings - Echo Arena, Liverpool

vCash
    I cannot wait for this trainwreck. Cannot actually wait. I'm counting down the days to see how bad this show can be.

vCash
    It can't compete with last nights Raw however, no matter how bad it is.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave7g View Post
    It can't compete with last nights Raw however, no matter how bad it is.
    I genuinely hope the show is a success, but I hope you haven't set yourself up for a fall with that comment. TNA could easily find a way to do worse (and have done worse in the past anyway).

All it'll take is Brutus & Knobbs coming in and taking the tag titles from British Invasion.
    No one knows what it's like
    To be the bad man
    To be the sad man
    Behind blue eyes
    And no one knows
    What it's like to be hated
    To be fated to telling only lies

vCash
    People are talking about Knobs coming in like its a bad thing. Get him drunk and put him on air. Thats ratings!

But seriously, I think TNA have done a relatively good job of buildings Hulk's debut and I've personally quite enjoyed Foley's reaction to the whole thing. I'd like to see some big names debut on the same show to make it more interesting, Flair and RVD would be nice, but I dont expect either.

I'm looking forward to it purely as a Hogan fan, I hope TNA get a clue and dont turn it into a huge disaster.

vCash
    I'm hoping it's a good show, because well I want TNA to succeed and make WWE pick up their game consistently. It's hard watching wrestling right now because one week you could get a great match or great segment, and then the next you can get something atrocious. No consistency or momentum.

So I'm really hoping it's a top show for TNA. Blind optimism maybe, but I'd take that over the big January 4th war (or as good as we're going to get now) to be a battle over which show was the sh*ttest and they're both sh*t. Won't look good for wrestling in general.

And to be honest, that's the more intriguing part cause WWE will obviously win. It's just whether either of them produce a good/bad show cause at the moment neither of them can seemingly distinguish between good and bad.
    Turns Water into Funk

Weekly Column: The Iron Jung!
    http://www.wrestling101.com/101/category/jung

vCash
    Impact has had episodes worse than last night's Raw before, and I don't doubt they will do it again. I just imagine a giant car crash of a TV show, which at least excites me to see how bad TNA can get. When they die, I wanna be there at ground level.

vCash
    So is the general opinion that Bret Hart will be involved with the Jan 4th RAW or was that nonsense last night just nonsense?

If he is, Vince is a clever bloke, he knows how to pull an ace out of his sleeve when somebody challenges him in some way. I think it would also show that Vince feels at least slightly threatened which, of course, is ridiculous.

vCash
    It seems logical for Bret to appear soon, but this is WWE so it might just be grandstanding and come to nothing.

It would be great though although I'm not sure it would be that big a draw really (and they don't need a big draw to beat Impact)

Plus for Bret's return, wouldn't it be better using him as a special referee for a certain major match at WM?
    Turns Water into Funk

Weekly Column: The Iron Jung!
    http://www.wrestling101.com/101/category/jung

vCash
    I remember reading that Hart was open to doing something a few months ago, then nothing, then they mentioned him last night and although it appeared to irk Vince, I cant imagine for 1 second that that wasnt all part of the script.

I think bringing him in would be like Hogan, a great initial buzz and a few decent numbers, then he outstays his welcome when he cant do anything in the ring and he leaves again, usually on bad terms

Thread Information