Talk Wrestling Online: Forum

View Poll Results: What Did You Think of the January 4 edition of RAW?

Voters
31. You may not vote on this poll
  • Excellent

2 6.45%
  • Very Good

6 19.35%
  • Good

14 45.16%
  • Fair

4 12.90%
  • Poor

3 9.68%
  • Very Poor

2 6.45%
Page 4 of 22 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LilThj View Post
    Ok I see were you're coming from but they just done the montreal screw job again and its way too soon for another one
    They wouldn't be doing the Montreal Screwjob again. They'd be having grudge matches that stem from that incident in 1997.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Redman View Post
    I really dont think they need to re-create Montreal in 2009 anyway. They just need to explain it properly so we all understand why they dont like each other, and then go from there.
    All thats required is another awesome video package which WWE are capable of doing when they want to and that will tell the whole story. I think the worse thing they can do is spend the whole show trying to verbally explain it to the fans with promo after promo from Bret and Vince and Michaels and anyone else who has even the loosest connection to it.

Just a good solid video package to open the show and then get right into building the tension and drama

vCash
    One of the best things they could do is have a sit down interview with both Bret and Vince with a Jim Ross type figure (ala Mick Foley in 97) where they discuss why both sides thought what happened was wrong/right. That can then kick off at the end. I'd devote 30 mins to simply that with video packages shown inbetween as clips to highlight what happened at the time, how they reflect on the incident now etc etc.

Not to mention you could have talking heads from people throughout the WWE saying if they thought it was wrong/right etc. Just sell it as something major.
    Turns Water into Funk

Weekly Column: The Iron Jung!
    http://www.wrestling101.com/101/category/jung

vCash
    That would be a really good thing Jung, my worry is though that they will do it all individually rarther then in one package. Bret have his say then some unrelated match then cut to Vince having his say with someone in the back then another unrelated thing in the ring then Michaels have a say on the matter in another promo meaning its all broken up and disjointed.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jung View Post
    One of the best things they could do is have a sit down interview with both Bret and Vince with a Jim Ross type figure (ala Mick Foley in 97) where they discuss why both sides thought what happened was wrong/right. That can then kick off at the end. I'd devote 30 mins to simply that with video packages shown inbetween as clips to highlight what happened at the time, how they reflect on the incident now etc etc.

Not to mention you could have talking heads from people throughout the WWE saying if they thought it was wrong/right etc. Just sell it as something major.
    This just sounds far more awesome and sensible for modern WWE.

I'm hella excited to see Bret again, but, at the same time, I'm completely prepared to be totally disappointed with how the whole angle's handled.
    TWO Senior Moderator

Boxing and MMA Forum Leader: Boxing and MMA Forum

vCash
    What I am curious about, among many things, is how things will be handled when it comes to discussing the Montreal Screwjob around or with Bret. It is pretty much a guarantee that it will be mentioned quite a bit, but if Bret is unhappy with what someone says or does, would he just walk out?

That is one of my fears is that something or someone will rub Bret the wrong way and he will walk out.

I don't know about anyone else on here, but, before the rumors and news of Bret signing a contract with the WWE came about, I was about two weeks or so from giving up on RAW all together.

I also wonder if Bret will be given any say in how he angle(s) he is involved in will go down. One would think that he would.
    US Scene Forum Leader: US Scene Forum

"Randy, I was expecting you to come out by yourself. I wasn't expecting you to bring your law firm of sellout, suck-up, and schnoz."
    -Chris Jericho, 9/1/14's RAW

US News Reporter on Wrestling101.com

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jung View Post

Knowing the product today they'll do that and have Hornswoggle run around and have DX come in and spray paint everything
    Keep in mind that what I've said is merely my opinion, but keep in mind that I'm always right.
    You'll be happy to know that 61 percent of the WWE Universe voters think the WWE Draft is better than the NFL, NBA, another major sports drafts. In related news, 61 percent of the WWE Universe voters are morons.

vCash
    I imagine that there's some contractual clause where if Bret walks out without fulfilling his contractual obligations, Vinnie Mac will have every legal right to sue the dick off him.
    TWO Senior Moderator

Boxing and MMA Forum Leader: Boxing and MMA Forum

vCash
    I just realized something that WWE might and probably will do at some point; have Hornswoggle dress up like Bret Hart. I hope that never happens, but I would like to see Bret lock Hornswoggle in the Sharpshooter and then we never see Hornswoggle again!
    US Scene Forum Leader: US Scene Forum

"Randy, I was expecting you to come out by yourself. I wasn't expecting you to bring your law firm of sellout, suck-up, and schnoz."
    -Chris Jericho, 9/1/14's RAW

US News Reporter on Wrestling101.com

vCash
    I'm ultra excited for this like I was when ECW returned that night on Raw... but I expect to be disappointed like I was by the rest of the Invasion angle
    Swig of beer for the workin' man.
    -- Steve Austin

~~~ ~~~ ~~~

// Tweet! // WrestleHolic // eBay Stuff! // The Inno View //

Thread Information