Talk Wrestling Online: Forum

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    vCash
    So anyone who disagrees with you is thus jaded? And you keep saying that, but jaded by what? Seeing better wrestling? Seeing the industry at it's best? Seeing just how involving and over story lines and characters can be? It's just as easy as for us all to say anyone who likes wrestling now is nieve, but no one does, because throwing around terms like that to everyone who disagrees with you is kinda... silly.
    TWO Senior Moderator

Boxing and MMA Forum Leader: Boxing and MMA Forum

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Aslan View Post
    And your superior attitudes proves me RIGHT. You're pissed off at me by page 3 because I mention that match twice (on purpose) because its a funny match to mention. I just didn't feel like posting the rest of the card which was almost all complete crap, too.

The fact that I can rile you and a few of you up in 3 pages proves that you're all jaded. You need to relax. If you don't agree with me, fine I never said you had to agree with me. But can the attitude which is 100x worse then any attitude I have (or actually, haven't) thrown your way.
    Nothing has proven you right, you have proven you are a retard.

I'm not jaded, I just think you're a pr*ck! You're talking crap like its fact, you have no idea about what you are blabbering on about and then you start telling people they are "wrong" or labeling them as "jaded" simply because you enjoy watching todays brand of worthless sh*t and some of the rest of us dont.

Ohhh ok, you mentioned that match several times "because its funny"...hows it funny by the way, the rest of us apparently missed the humour.

Do us all a favour and get lost you mangy little troll.

vCash
    I must have said it before but for me the reason wrestling is..(I won't say dead, creatively) very low on entertainment is because there is actually, very little amount of characters.

They don't need to be the Undertaker type gimmick. I mean, just a genuine effort of developing a persona and sticking to it when you're on camera.

Everything today (WWE mainly) is so f*cking bland.

WWE also have this weird mixed message relationship with two audiences, the in-house fans and the internet fans watching elsewhere. They say their product is PG but...there are things on RAW & Smackdown! that would make a kid uncomfortable without it necessarily involving blood and swearing. They put little insider references in the wrestlers lines to (I guess) appeal to the internet fans; I think this is just cringeworthy though.

Kayfabe may be dead. But the wrestling industry doesn't have to accept it completely.

They seem to want 95% of their wrestlers to look like MMA Fighters or something.

They should continue creating their weird and wonderful characters with the simplistic fueds and storyline.. and the audience can choose whether it wants to keep watching or not.

I don't need athletes. Wrestlers to me are more than that.

Also, a very simple question:

Remember when wrestling was fun?!

Because it isn't anymore.

vCash
    Yeah, I really don't see why people make a big deal about kayfabe being dead. I mean, when you go to a film, you KNOW it's a film, but that doesn't mean it would be okay if the actors were just reading off their scripts, or if you could hear the director shouting in the background, and it also doesn't mean we want the film to pretend it's real all the time, refusing to show credits, or with all the actors using their real names and some such silliness. We know it's fake, and we're fine with it. We never REALLY cared if it was real or not in the first place. I, for one, liked the individuals gimmicks, attires, theme musics, finishing move names and some such fitted to specific gimmicks rather than everyone, as JC said, pretending to be an MMA fighter.
    TWO Senior Moderator

vCash
    Key example:

Back in the Attitude era, if you asked the casual wrestling fan who watched, who their favourite wrestler was and why? You got (nearly always) the same answer: "Stone Cold! He's got the stunner, it's best move!"

Simple.

vCash
    Roger. I am calm I just don't like anyone throwing attitude in my face but if that's him then everything is totally cool.

My WHOLE point is maybe some of you guys should take a break from the product and then watch it again with new eyes. For example, everyone is talking about how stupid the product is and how there's nothing new and exciting.

What about the mixing of RAW and NXT? I think its brilliant - you have new talent (or old but not seen by many yet like Bryan Danielson) mixing with the WWE "pro's" and both showing up on both shows. And you even have a pro lose to a "rookie" which normally you don't get to see. It's only been 3 weeks but so far I've been impressed.

Quote Originally Posted by Fiona View Post
    Dude you need to calm down a little. No one is riled (Belty is always shouty like that, you'll get used to him) but the rest of us are just stating our opinions. Listen we know we don't have to agree with you but I don't think that anybody here is jaded in any way shape or form. We just know what we like and what we don't. If the product is shit then we're going to say so.
    Your friend above said you get pissed off so I won't get into an argument with you. I will say your avatar has really nice tits, though.

Quote Originally Posted by The Beltster View Post
    Nothing has proven you right, you have proven you are a retard.

I'm not jaded, I just think you're a pr*ck! You're talking crap like its fact, you have no idea about what you are blabbering on about and then you start telling people they are "wrong" or labeling them as "jaded" simply because you enjoy watching todays brand of worthless sh*t and some of the rest of us dont.

Ohhh ok, you mentioned that match several times "because its funny"...hows it funny by the way, the rest of us apparently missed the humour.

Do us all a favour and get lost you mangy little troll.

vCash
    Wrestling is sh*t for the following reasons:

1. If TNA is the best alternative wrestling that can "compete" with WWE, then I suspect the broing crap WWE is their obvious response.
    2. In the same way as football, money has ruined the game, once we had territories which built up reputations and abilites, now we have the WWE training camp, everyone who wants to make money does it Vince's way, there is no abnormal phenomenom like, say Steve Austin to carve a niche.
    3. TNA will go the way of WCW as they have allowed the same self centered jokers to find control, Vince Russo is there. TNA is a laughing stock, is awful and even my mother (who hates wrestling by the way) said she would rather watch WWE.
    4. WWE is formulaeic nonsense that panders to 6 year olds, is there any shock? Nope, just a load of pretty boys p*ssing about.
    5. If South Park can make a parody of it, there is something wrong.

And before I am dismissed Aslan, as one of those people who don't know what they are talking about, I spent a pretty long time learning the craft in the ring, as have a few of the people who have responded. I know wrestling as I have studied it very, very closely.

Wrestling has died a death not only on TV but at a local level, because it is a frivolity, people now cannot spend the money on wrestling, when it is more important to place food on the table.
    TWO Senior Mod

Nobody calls Han Solo a b*tch!

vCash
    South Park has made a parody of anything and everything, but normally they stick to stuff that's culturally relevant. That should almost be a good sign for the WWE is a twisted idiotic way.

Also....no I don't think wrestling is dead. Wrestling will never die, it'll just keep evolving into something different. Different phases might be dead, the territory system is dead, the Golden Age is dead, the Attitude Era is dead but wrestling itself is still alive. It's just a gaudy, variety show-esque, half-assed existence
    Keep in mind that what I've said is merely my opinion, but keep in mind that I'm always right.
    You'll be happy to know that 61 percent of the WWE Universe voters think the WWE Draft is better than the NFL, NBA, another major sports drafts. In related news, 61 percent of the WWE Universe voters are morons.

vCash
    They do, however, also portray wrestling fans as a load of whiney, over sensitive, stupid rednecks, so it's not THAT complimentary. It was a great episode though.
    TWO Senior Moderator

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GoldStandard View Post
    You do make some good points Aslan (named after the band?)
    Sorry going to pull a DC here. I think the band is "Asia" not "Asian". Unless there is one I don't know about.
    I'm a bit of a b*llshitter myself but occasionally enjoy listening to an expert. Please carry on.

"Treat everyone the same until you find out they're an idiot."

A rose by any other name, is just a pr*ck in a bush.

Thread Information