Talk Wrestling Online: Forum

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112

vCash
    I'm sorry, I'd rather watch an awesome match today then a bad match from the '80's. Speaking of which I can't wait for Truth/Morison to kick the Miz/Big Show's collective asses and finally get an awesome team holding those belts (unless there is another screwjob).

Quote Originally Posted by Fiona View Post
    It's not talking crap. There was lot's of bad wrestling back then, we just didn't have the internet to bitch and complain or Youtube to play it over and over again. Plus it didn't matter that much. Wrestling used to be fun to watch, yes bad matches and all.

The WWE has complicated a very simple sport. With the confuted story lines and the amount of PPV's we have now, wrestlers have been turned into bad soap opera actors. Very few wrestlers today can cut a decent promo. Yes there are some that can but most couldn't talk into a mic if their life depended on it. Maybe I do have rose coloured glasses on but to me wrestling has gone downhill.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Aslan View Post
    I'm sorry, I'd rather watch an awesome match today then a bad match from the '80's.
    I'd rather watch an awesome match from any era than a bad match from any era, so that comment is ridiculous in itself.

I mean, there were some outstanding matches from the 80s (Warrior/Rude, Flair/Steamboat, etc) and there's a massive pile of shit coming from today's product, so it works both ways.
    www.transformersaredangerous.com

"The eye of the pyramid never blinks"

"And as the miserly, intolerant and unruly find their voice, God's wrath shall engulf all of his children in vengeful flame." - Revelations 27:15

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Aslan View Post
    Speaking of which I can't wait for Truth/Morison to kick the Miz/Big Show's collective asses and finally get an awesome team holding those belts (unless there is another screwjob).
    So, you mean there's no possible way for ShowMiz to go over Truth and Morrison unless there's a legit screwjob? Never minding the fact they've been circling the drain with R-Truth ever since he debut, and Morrison's momentum stopped so hard his femur shot out his legs when they found out he can't talk to save his life? Also ignoring the fact Miz's character is perfect for being draped in gold and the WWE seems to hold more worth in him at this point?

Don't get me wrong, Truth and Morrison could go over ShowMiz but there's no reason why a ShowMiz victory would be a screw job.
    Keep in mind that what I've said is merely my opinion, but keep in mind that I'm always right.
    You'll be happy to know that 61 percent of the WWE Universe voters think the WWE Draft is better than the NFL, NBA, another major sports drafts. In related news, 61 percent of the WWE Universe voters are morons.

vCash
    I hate Truth. No matter what promotion, incarnation, name, gimmick, whatever. He's annoying and useless and I wouldn't cry if he retired tomorrow, never to be seen again.
    Swig of beer for the workin' man.
    -- Steve Austin

~~~ ~~~ ~~~

// Tweet! // WrestleHolic // eBay Stuff! // The Inno View //

vCash
    He does a pretty good looking axe kick, but that's about it. He was mildly alright in the 3-Live Crew actually, although that was mostly down to Konnan.
    TWO Senior Moderator

Boxing and MMA Forum Leader: Boxing and MMA Forum

vCash
    What annoys me about R-Truth is that his move set basically epitomizes the problem with wrestlers nowadays, ie flashy moves with no substance behind it. I was impressed by his flying through the air the first time I saw it but soon I saw it for what it is. Acrobatics, not wrestling.
    Keep in mind that what I've said is merely my opinion, but keep in mind that I'm always right.
    You'll be happy to know that 61 percent of the WWE Universe voters think the WWE Draft is better than the NFL, NBA, another major sports drafts. In related news, 61 percent of the WWE Universe voters are morons.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DC View Post
    I'd rather watch an awesome match from any era than a bad match from any era, so that comment is ridiculous in itself.

I mean, there were some outstanding matches from the 80s (Warrior/Rude, Flair/Steamboat, etc) and there's a massive pile of shit coming from today's product, so it works both ways.
    Hey I agree with you 100% read the post I quoted first, he spoke of how a sh*tty match from the '80's was more enjoyable then today's wrestling. I totally agree with you, a good match is a good match is a good match.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dante Spears View Post
    What annoys me about R-Truth is that his move set basically epitomizes the problem with wrestlers nowadays, ie flashy moves with no substance behind it. I was impressed by his flying through the air the first time I saw it but soon I saw it for what it is. Acrobatics, not wrestling.
    He also raps and dances around! C'mon!

vCash
    I also used to be a fan of his rapping thinking it was cool...but that line where he comes out and says "Y'all know what time it is? It's the part where we crank it up, here we go!!" makes me groan.

That and ever since he's stopped coming in through the crowd it just looks juvenile

Thread Information