Talk Wrestling Online: Forum

Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The Beltster View Post
    I argue with everybody on this site and for the record, I dont like any of you. Thats why I can say whatever I like and not feel bad. Internet friendships get in the way of me being able to tell every one of you to go f*ck yourselves.
    Now see, that's exactly how I feel, only about the whole world.

I , but it's true.

Oh, it's true.

vCash
    I didnt even because I didnt want anybody to make any mistake and think I was joking.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DC View Post
    Dixie Carter took part in an interview/Q&A session for the YouShoot Live!!! series of DVDs. Here are some of the inane responses from the interview (taken from Powerslam Magazine)...

How badly do you want TNA to be the #1 wrestling company in America?
    I'm competitive, so, of course, I want to be #. At the same time, I'm smart, and I know one competitor has a 20-plus-year head start on me, and respect that they're ingrained into every market around the world. In television ratings, however, we're actually winning.

Why is there no TNA Magazine?
    Magazines are obsolete and not a good business decision.

How much would Vince have to offer for you to sell TNA?
    I dunno. What do you think he'd take for WWE? I think we're just as capable of raising funds and buying WWE as they are trying to do the same to us.

Do you think TNA should start charging fans for tickets in Orlando, Florida?
    You want to pay? No. I think if a fan is going to travel to see us, they should get in for free to see the show.

Do you think it would make more sense to have first-time opponents have their matches on pay-per-view instead of free TV?
    Again, you want to pay for this stuff? The PPV business is another model that's is on its decline. It's important to us when we're trying to build a brand to show stuff on television and not just on PPV.

Why do you employ Vince Russo? Why have you entrusted the creative direction of your company to Vince Russo for so long? Why does Vince Russo have a job in the professional wrestling industry? Answer the question as if your company depends on it - because it does. - submitted by Jim Cornette
    Thank you, Jim: so good to see you. What makes someone successful in pro-wrestling is that you either love them or you hate them, and I think that Vince Russo is that kind of character - and that's really what you want from your best talent. He is honestly incredibly talented when it comes to writing creative.

You stated that pay-per-view is not as important to your company's survival as some might think. When contractual obligations expire, do you plan on moving to a TV-only model?
    It's a dying model, but one I happened to make millions of dollars on. Until I can replace that income, I'll continue to do it. It's not where I'd put my sole focus on.
    Taking a few questions out of what must have been a hour and a half interview like it or not is out of context as unless you watch the interview then you can see the set up the aftermath how it was given, jokely or seriously but this is just text.
    What Chocolate Bar does this wrestler look like.......

vCash
    Find mysef agreeing with Belty, Carter took control of TNA a year after Heyman created ECW (albeit became president a year after that, so the internet tells me) and is still in charge, where Heyman went out of business with $7million debt, Carter is still going.
    TWO Senior Mod

Nobody calls Han Solo a b*tch!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Saz View Post
    Find mysef agreeing with Belty, Carter took control of TNA a year after Heyman created ECW
    Huh?

vCash
    Oh, big D'oh from me, got my dates mixed up, it was a year after ECW ended (Serves me right for checking facts), but the point still stands that she has been a promoter for longer than Heyman was in ECW.
    TWO Senior Mod

vCash
    Its all a business thing and not a creative thing. Carter has money but she cant buy a TV slot, merchandising and licensing deals, international and general global growth. She worked to get that, people are saying she got it all because she has money and thats not the way any of this works.

vCash
    Well, she was the one who brokered a TV Deal with Fox, that has to do with negotiation about money, rather than having money.
    TWO Senior Mod

vCash
    And the deals they have had, when they've got them, the roster was never impressive when it comes to name brand guys. Lots of talent, but no names, so they havent sold their pitch on the star power they could bring.

She deserves the backlash for the booking at times, keeping Russo when he really doesnt seem to bring anything to the table etc, but she also deserves credit for the positive things she has done for TNA, but of course thats not going to happen because its 'cool' to bash her and TNA these days, lets forget they are putting out good shows "They suck because its TNA and Jim Cornette says so haha!"

Right.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The Beltster View Post
    And the deals they have had, when they've got them, the roster was never impressive when it comes to name brand guys. Lots of talent, but no names, so they havent sold their pitch on the star power they could bring.

She deserves the backlash for the booking at times, keeping Russo when he really doesnt seem to bring anything to the table etc, but she also deserves credit for the positive things she has done for TNA, but of course thats not going to happen because its 'cool' to bash her and TNA these days, lets forget they are putting out good shows "They suck because its TNA and Jim Cornette says so haha!"

Right.
    Amen brother
    What Chocolate Bar does this wrestler look like.......

Thread Information