Talk Wrestling Online: Forum

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DC View Post
    How has...

"You want to pay? No. I think if a fan is going to travel to see us, they should get in for free to see the show."

... been taken out of context?
    Asked about charging fans into the tapings at Orlando, since the fans have paid for a ticket for the park, they can't actually charge for it, since it's part of the parks admission price.

"You want to pay?", well legally, you cant.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave7g View Post
    Asked about charging fans into the tapings at Orlando, since the fans have paid for a ticket for the park, they can't actually charge for it, since it's part of the parks admission price.
    But there's already things in Universal Studios that you have to pay extra to go see, like the Blue Man Group, or the Rising Star Kareoke Bar, or any of the nightclubs there, so they wouldn't be the only ones charging extra if they did.
    TWO Senior Moderator

Boxing and MMA Forum Leader: Boxing and MMA Forum

vCash
    I dont think they have a choice. I'm sure if they were allowed to charge extra, they would, because they could easily shift 1300 tickets for TV taping full of stars when they sell more than that for house shows without alot of the name guys.

I know that WCW werent allowed to charge for tickets to Saturday Night and that was taped on the same soundstage, part of their deal to get the use of the soundstage for free was they werent allowed to make money off of it either.

vCash

"You want to pay?", well legally, you cant.
    Still doesn't justify...

"No. I think if a fan is going to travel to see us, they should get in for free to see the show."

There's no context issue there. She's simply stating that if a fan travels to see them, they should get in for free.
    No one knows what it's like
    To be the bad man
    To be the sad man
    Behind blue eyes
    And no one knows
    What it's like to be hated
    To be fated to telling only lies

vCash
    If she really believed that, she wouldnt charge for house shows or events they hold outside of the Impact Zone either, because people have to travel to them also.

She is saying it so she can take credit for being so fan friendly, she wont even charge people to come and see her product when really, if she could, she undoubtably would.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by John Hancock View Post
    But there's already things in Universal Studios that you have to pay extra to go see, like the Blue Man Group, or the Rising Star Kareoke Bar, or any of the nightclubs there, so they wouldn't be the only ones charging extra if they did.
    That's totally true. Any theme park you go too, whether it be Six Flags, Cedar Point, Disney World or heaven forbid Dollywood, they're always attractions that charge you to enter over and above the admission price. Most of these parks have season passes and they make their money on food, games, merchandise sales and these other attractions.
    I'm a bit of a b*llshitter myself but occasionally enjoy listening to an expert. Please carry on.

"Treat everyone the same until you find out they're an idiot."

A rose by any other name, is just a pr*ck in a bush.

vCash
    It's part of their deal, they can't charge for it, simple as that.

vCash
    It's part of their deal, they can't charge for it, simple as that.
    I'm sure it can be changed. If they're bringing in 1,300 people a week, why not?
    I'm a bit of a b*llshitter myself but occasionally enjoy listening to an expert. Please carry on.

"Treat everyone the same until you find out they're an idiot."

A rose by any other name, is just a pr*ck in a bush.

vCash
    Because they are bringing in 1300 people regardless of whether they charge or not and part of WCW's deal of them having free use of the sound stage was they werent allowed to profit from it. I fully expect if TNA decided to charge for tickets, Universal would start charging them for use of the sound stage and TNA probably wouldnt make up enough money to pay rent for the small amount of tickets they'd be selling and it wouldnt be worth it.

vCash
    Most already knew, but this interview proves Carter has no idea what she's doing in the wrestling industry. Appearently pay-per-view as a notion is dead...I guess the clueless buffoon doesn't follow UFC numbers. Anyone that hires, continues to back, and then defends Russo is an empty-headed mark. Geez do people like Carter irk me. Thank God for people like Cornette.
    Go here...and read stuff...

http://www.thewrestlingpress.com/

Christopher Hitchens, April 13th, 1949-December 15th, 2011. Hitchens was a great man, who taught many how to think, but not what to think.

Thread Information