Talk Wrestling Online: Forum

Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast
    vCash

Excerpts from Dixie Carter's interview from YouShoot Live!!!

Dixie Carter took part in an interview/Q&A session for the YouShoot Live!!! series of DVDs. Here are some of the inane responses from the interview (taken from Powerslam Magazine)...

How badly do you want TNA to be the #1 wrestling company in America?
    I'm competitive, so, of course, I want to be #. At the same time, I'm smart, and I know one competitor has a 20-plus-year head start on me, and respect that they're ingrained into every market around the world. In television ratings, however, we're actually winning.

Why is there no TNA Magazine?
    Magazines are obsolete and not a good business decision.

How much would Vince have to offer for you to sell TNA?
    I dunno. What do you think he'd take for WWE? I think we're just as capable of raising funds and buying WWE as they are trying to do the same to us.

Do you think TNA should start charging fans for tickets in Orlando, Florida?
    You want to pay? No. I think if a fan is going to travel to see us, they should get in for free to see the show.

Do you think it would make more sense to have first-time opponents have their matches on pay-per-view instead of free TV?
    Again, you want to pay for this stuff? The PPV business is another model that's is on its decline. It's important to us when we're trying to build a brand to show stuff on television and not just on PPV.

Why do you employ Vince Russo? Why have you entrusted the creative direction of your company to Vince Russo for so long? Why does Vince Russo have a job in the professional wrestling industry? Answer the question as if your company depends on it - because it does. - submitted by Jim Cornette
    Thank you, Jim: so good to see you. What makes someone successful in pro-wrestling is that you either love them or you hate them, and I think that Vince Russo is that kind of character - and that's really what you want from your best talent. He is honestly incredibly talented when it comes to writing creative.

You stated that pay-per-view is not as important to your company's survival as some might think. When contractual obligations expire, do you plan on moving to a TV-only model?
    It's a dying model, but one I happened to make millions of dollars on. Until I can replace that income, I'll continue to do it. It's not where I'd put my sole focus on.
    www.transformersaredangerous.com

"The eye of the pyramid never blinks"

"And as the miserly, intolerant and unruly find their voice, God's wrath shall engulf all of his children in vengeful flame." - Revelations 27:15

vCash
    Words can't describe how stupid that woman is.

vCash
    Really? I've seen it, and it's not great, but she's pleasant enough around some of these wrestling geeks who even asked about such nonsense as the "hard camera placement".

The first answer quoted there is unsurprisingly completley out of context and obviously phrased to make her look bad. She was talking about other markets outside of the US, most specifically the U.K, where impact was actually doing better ratings than Raw.

vCash
    Naughty magazines not using their [...]'s!
    TWO Senior Mod

Nobody calls Han Solo a b*tch!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave7g View Post
    Really? I've seen it, and it's not great, but she's pleasant enough around some of these wrestling geeks who even asked about such nonsense as the "hard camera placement".

The first answer quoted there is unsurprisingly completley out of context and obviously phrased to make her look bad. She was talking about other markets outside of the US, most specifically the U.K, where impact was actually doing better ratings than Raw.
    The better ratings from Raw though is a bit of a fallacy.

It wins every now and then but 8 times out of 10 Raw wins. So she's still talking b*llocks.

But some of her answers are scary. They could buy WWE? She makes millions of dollars with TNA?

I'd love to sit in on those financial meetings. Clearly they just go "we're making millions, everything is wonderful, WWE is quaking in their boots" and she just goes "brilliant". No need to see any papers or figures, that would just be a waste of time.
    Turns Water into Funk

Weekly Column: The Iron Jung!
    http://www.wrestling101.com/101/category/jung

New Forum User
    vCash
    being pleasant doesn't mean she's not an incompetent moron, dave. come on, her answers are just beyond stupid.

"What do you think he'd take for WWE"? why would you even ask that, dixie? you really think some stupid wannabe know it all fan would know the answer to that?

"I think we're just as capable of raising funds and buying WWE as they are trying to do the same to us". umm ... does anyone on here know if dixie was involved in an accident where she suffered a loss of nearly all of her braincells? inherently thick, methinks. oh, and, dixie, the wwe doesn't need to raise 'funds' to buy out your company - they could do so, MANY times over, right now.

"Magazines are obsolete"? do i have to type a response to that? you'd know about good business decisions, eh, dixie?

"You want to pay? No. I think if a fan is going to travel to see us, they should get in for free to see the show". just ...

lol at jim cornette - the way he phrased his question, i mean. such a top bloke he is. so, dixie, you think talent should be hired, just because it'll give off a bit of controversy, that'll soon fade? not to mention, EVERYBODY knows this "best talent" of yours is just as, if not more so incompetent than you are.

"He is honestly incredibly talented when it comes to writing creative". i think rvd has lured her into drugs or something. no way could a sane 'clean' person say that with meaning.

i'm done.

vCash
    "What do you think he'd take for WWE"? why would you even ask that, dixie? you really think some stupid wannabe know it all fan would know the answer to that?
    It was a joke response from her, quite quick actually. She was asked about how much it would cost Vince to buy TNA.

"I think we're just as capable of raising funds and buying WWE as they are trying to do the same to us". umm ... does anyone on here know if dixie was involved in an accident where she suffered a loss of nearly all of her braincells? inherently thick, methinks. oh, and, dixie, the wwe doesn't need to raise 'funds' to buy out your company - they could do so, MANY times over, right now.
    In all fairness, the questions were completley hypothetical, so hypothetically, since she's married to a rather wealthy dude, who would have wealthy friends etc., she could raise a lot of money, but that's just a load of what if's.

You should watch it first, it's all out of context.

vCash
    How has...

"You want to pay? No. I think if a fan is going to travel to see us, they should get in for free to see the show."

... been taken out of context?
    www.transformersaredangerous.com

"The eye of the pyramid never blinks"

"And as the miserly, intolerant and unruly find their voice, God's wrath shall engulf all of his children in vengeful flame." - Revelations 27:15

vCash
    Alot of that is out of context and to be fair, Bob Carter is worth more than Vince McMahon, so could raise more than enough funds to buy WWE if they were for sale.

vCash
    "Would you pay for this?"

No Dixie. No I wouldn't

At least she honest about how sh*tty her product is.
    TWO Senior Moderator

Boxing and MMA Forum Leader: Boxing and MMA Forum

Thread Information