Talk Wrestling Online: Forum

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DC View Post
    I believe it's the year she started watching pro-wrestling, not her favourite era.
    Its my favourite era BECAUSE its the year I started watching wrestling.

I miss Bischoff as the General Manager.

And as others have said, I miss when all the guys didnt cut the same promos.

vCash
    Bischoff as GM was great, because the two "brands" were at war rather than just being washed out carbon copies of each other. I still remember the Bischoff/3MW attack at Billy & Chuck's wedding... brilliant!
    Swig of beer for the workin' man.
    -- Steve Austin

~~~ ~~~ ~~~

// Tweet! // WrestleHolic // eBay Stuff! // The Inno View //

vCash
    I just watched the 2005 Rumble, and JR says "This is the only time of the year you'll see all these Raw and Smackdown guys in together.." How ridiculous would that sound today, right? Yet in 2005, it was close enough to the truth. They had the Rumble, they had a couple of interpromotional matches at Mania, they had SD v Raw at Survivor Series. That was it. I mean technically they had a couple at ONS and the Eddie TV shows, but they werent really part of "normal" programming, if you get me.

vCash
    Just remembered something else: I miss the Cruiserweight Championship.
    http://youtube.com/shaolinhandlock (Language Warning)

http://www.reverbnation.com/shaolinakashaolinhandlock (Language Warning)

ShaolinHandLock: The #1 Kung Fu Movie Expert on TWO!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack View Post
    Nonsense.

It's just that wrestling is absolutely terrible. I don't follow wrestling religiously at all and may watch a show a month, but my hatred for wrestling is because the shows are weak. There's no talent, at all. The wrestlers are all too similar and the commentators/presenters are really awful. Backstage, the videos are top notch but the bookers are terrible.
    This wasn't about what's wrong with the business today, it's about what we miss from our own personal wrestling golden days.

And what you've then listed is, basically, a lack of things to make you care enough to watch. Things like, talent you can care about, booking that makes sense and is compelling. Which is basically what I said...

Quote Originally Posted by Jack View Post
    It's just a rubbish time to be a fan. There's nothing there to appeal to anyone.

Hopefully wrestling sorts itself out soon or the market dies out.
    Except their core audience of kids. And financials indicate they're doing alright, so someone is buying their crap. But I agree, it's a really crap time for older wrestling fans. The young ones have never had anything better to look back on, so they think it's great.

vCash
    I was going to say I miss Hogan...but f*ck that, he's on TV EVERY WEEK!!!! Wooooooooooooooooooo!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The Beltster View Post
    I was going to say I miss Hogan...but f*ck that, he's on TV EVERY WEEK!!!! Wooooooooooooooooooo!
    You won't miss Hogan, but you will miss the legdrop.

Oh, and I love the irony of a Hogan-centric post ending with a Ric Flair catchphrase.
    www.transformersaredangerous.com

"The eye of the pyramid never blinks"

"And as the miserly, intolerant and unruly find their voice, God's wrath shall engulf all of his children in vengeful flame." - Revelations 27:15

vCash
    As long as Hogan keeps being as fantastico every week as he has been so far, I wont miss the legdrop and I dont mind throwing Flair a bone.

Hogan makes wrestling great again, because he is the greatest of allllllllll time.

vCash
    Its been mentioned several times but individuality the most of anything. Just looking at WWE now and you can hear a promo from anyone and it will be the basically same as the next person or the one before. I remember when you could hear a promo and say 'thats Roddy Piper' or 'thats Jake Roberts' etc just from what they said or the way they said it but now with everyone reading from the same script written by the same people and its boring.

I don't know why WWE seemingly fears letting people cut their own promos these days, what is the worst that could happen if they do let them? Its not like they are getting mega over by reading scripts and stopping them would hurt their appeal. Also if someone can't cut a decent promo then give them a manager who can do for them instead of just having a random diva latch onto their arm!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The Beltster View Post
    As long as Hogan keeps being as fantastico every week as he has been so far, I wont miss the legdrop and I dont mind throwing Flair a bone.

Hogan makes wrestling great again, because he is the greatest of allllllllll time.
    Hogan is the greatest"wrestling entertainer" of all time. The Greatest of all time is of course Slick Ric. WHHHHHOOOOOOOOOO!

Getting back to the thread. I miss the attitude Era as well. I mean every week was so exciting to watch. With Stone Cold, The Rock, DX, and so many others truly helped make the WWE at that time fun to watch.

Thread Information