Talk Wrestling Online: Forum

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Wrestling has been in the shitter since mid 2003 for me. Hogan appearances aside, there are very few things I can even mention that were memorable.

vCash
    I miss WWE before the shitty brand split that killed WWE

vCash
    I agree with the heel Michaels/heel Trips love. Two of the most naturally unlikable douches of all time, and a real missed opportunity.

I also miss not knowing who Hornswoggle was.

Actually, I think my main point is; I miss being part of WWE's target audience.
    TWO Senior Moderator

Boxing and MMA Forum Leader: Boxing and MMA Forum

vCash
    I miss good angles and long fueds, that specifically didnt involve wrestler A vs. wrestler b facing each other on every other TV show and every PPV for 2 months.

I miss interviews that advanced storylines, rather than comedy merchandise shilling segments, that have NOTHING to do with the storylines (Pay for some f*cking adverts instead!)

I miss storylines for a more mature audience. I get the whole PG thing, but there has to be a balance. The saturday morning recap shows cater to the young 'uns anyways.

I miss decent commentators, that actually add colour to a show.

I miss the more low key grungy look of the shows, over the sets they have now.

I miss the unexpected.

I miss character development.

Quote Originally Posted by LilThj View Post
    I mkiss lensnar
    I miss Lesnar too, but not as much as this guy.
    "When life hands you a lemon, just say 'f**k the lemon' and bail"

vCash
    Four PPVs a year, with HUGE storylines. I miss that. But there's too many people on the rosters now for that to work properly. Sigh.
    Swig of beer for the workin' man.
    -- Steve Austin

~~~ ~~~ ~~~

// Tweet! // WrestleHolic // eBay Stuff! // The Inno View //

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Redman View Post
    Having mentioned them in the other thread, I miss Evolution. And to a much lesser degree, heel HHH, who is always a hundred times more bearable than face HHH.
    Triple H as an out-and-out heel is awesome to watch. My personal favourite heel moment from him is the after-match assault on HBK at Summerslam 2002 and the shit-eating grin on his face as he walked back up the aisle as Shawn lay on the mat writhing in pain.

When you have a heel like that, someone who knows how to work as a heel, not try to knowingly wink to the fans about things and just does all he can to be hated (Hunter's run in 1999/2000 with Cactus Jack also springs to mind), it can be a work of genius.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jayfunk View Post
    I miss WWE before the shitty brand split that killed WWE
    I take it you're talking about killed creatively rather than financially, because last I heard, WWE's been getting by alright from 2001 onwards.
    www.transformersaredangerous.com

"The eye of the pyramid never blinks"

"And as the miserly, intolerant and unruly find their voice, God's wrath shall engulf all of his children in vengeful flame." - Revelations 27:15

vCash
    All of you pretty much hit It on the head. Wrestling simply isn't as good as it used to be. Overall, the quality of pro wrestling from top to bottom is so unforfilling compared to just seven years ago.

vCash
    I meant to put I miss lesnar not I mkiss him. Typing on my phones suxs
    lilthj next wwe champ

vCash
    I miss individuality.

Too many guys who wrestle the same way, talk the same way having the same matches, same feuds with the same people all the time.

Whoever had the idea that there should be a WWE style, should be burnt to death.
    Turns Water into Funk

Weekly Column: The Iron Jung!
    http://www.wrestling101.com/101/category/jung

vCash
    I take it you're talking about killed creatively rather than financially, because last I heard, WWE's been getting by alright from 2001 onwards.
    Yes creatively, my problem with it was you had before Raw and Smackdown which had one roster of all the best they had and then they had two rosters which split the best in two and brought in people to fill the shows which where not of the same quality thus making the shows IMHO weeker hence why brand PPV didn't work because outside the main guys no one gave a crap and the undercard

Thread Information