Talk Wrestling Online: Forum

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

vCash
    MANAGERS. WITH STABLES.

Bobby Heenan & The Heenan Family, Jim Cornette, Jimmy Hart and his various wrestlers etc.

I'd like to see them come back.
    http://youtube.com/shaolinhandlock (Language Warning)

http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCx276JE__kjbcn9U8hcgYBA (My second channel, for my instrumental music and other stuff)

http://www.reverbnation.com/shaolinakashaolinhandlock (Language Warning)

ShaolinHandLock: The #1 Kung Fu Movie Expert on TWO!

vCash
    I miss cena not being invincible.
    I miss the old HBK
    I mkiss lensnar
    I miss blood
    I miss godd fueds
    I miss great matches
    I miss heel commentators
    I miss hardcore matches not extreme rules
    I miss the cruiserweight division
    I moss hornswoggle free wrestling

I just miss everthing that the wwe dosent have today
    lilthj next wwe champ

vCash
    I miss Survivor Series, specifically Survivor Series matches that actually had a point. In 2003 Steve Austin's ENTIRE CAREER was on the line. In 2004 the Raw winners got to book Raw for a month. In 2005 it was SD v Raw for "bragging rights". Now its just, we'll put all of these guys with nothing to do in here.

vCash
    I miss being a mark.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottyB View Post
    I miss being a mark.
    Actually, I think you've hit the nail right on the head of what we all miss.

It doesn't matter if you're a mark or a smark, what we really miss are the moments we can all mark out to. It's suspension of disbelief and getting caught up and caring about what happens next, which is something which modern wrestling gives us all too rarely.

vCash
    I'm interested to see if ANYONE on this site thinks wrestling in general is improving, or is better than it's been at any other time at all.
    TWO Senior Moderator

Boxing and MMA Forum Leader: Boxing and MMA Forum

vCash
    Well, not in general, but Smackdown in mid-2009 was legitimately a better wrestling show than any other I've ever seen.

Like, its the little things. You can say the product as a whole is bad, while at the same time enjoy little things every week. Plus things like Shawn v Taker, which has made a lot of people's "all time" lists, including mine, in a year like this.

So yeah, the general, overall "feel" of wrestling in 2009 sucked. Yet at the same time in 2009 there were plenty of matches (HBK/Taker, Rey/Morrison, Rey/Jericho, Cena/Orton, etc.) and angles (Orton punting Vince/kissing Steph, Jericho's promos with Piper and Steamboat, Edge/Cena on the Cutting Edge, Raw is Bob Barker, Kofi & Orton initially, The Miz 5 - Cena 0, Punk & Jeff, etc.) and even shows (Smackdown from May-September, hell, the Raw with Orton & Steph was one of the greatest Raw shows ever) that I absolutely loved and will remember for years. Its all just buried under much more crap than usual.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The Beltster View Post
    Yeah me too, and it sucks because I REALLY want to love it.
    This is exactly where I am at the moment. Yesterday I watched an entire episode of RAW for the first time in AGES because I still want to give it one 'last' shot. There were some good bits but there were also some aweful ones. D-X's childish comedy with Hornswoggle is vomit inducing, Cena is still one of, if not the most annoying git in the entire company, a WWE champions that I couldn't give a flying **** about and an unexisting good tag division just to name a few.

Now, answering the topics question, there's one thing that I've missed since 1998, HEEL SHAWN MICHAELS!

F'n Shawn Michaels was born to play that cocky/S.O.B heel that you thought was the coolest mother****er but at the same time loved when he got his ass handed to him. His obnoxious over the top selling, bumping around like a bunny on steroids. His sexual jokes and just generally being the dick that he is in real life.

[YOUTUBE]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ZwqQB-GEYxQ&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ZwqQB-GEYxQ&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]

R.I.P Shawn Michaels (97-98)
    "Mucha gente dice que el fútbol no tiene nada que ver con la vida, no se cuánto saben de la vida, pero de fútbol no saben nada..."

vCash
    Having mentioned them in the other thread, I miss Evolution. And to a much lesser degree, heel HHH, who is always a hundred times more bearable than face HHH.

I miss midcarders who had characters, cut proper promos and were actually over. I mean, watching the Rumble 2005, you should have heard the POP for Cena, who at that point had just finished feuding with Jesus and Kenzo Suzuki. Cena as a midcarder had a clearly defined character, cut promos that fit his character and didnt sound like anyone else's, he acted exactly like his character should have acted, he wrestled exactly like his character should have wrestled, he had moves with names that were over, and people LOVED him. Thus when he was pushed into the main event, people bought it and got behind him and wanted him to win.

There was never so much of a gap between the main event and the next guys. Nowadays there's the stars, and then daylight, then the rest of the geeks. There's no upper-midcard. Thats why I loved what they did with Morrison in the middle of last year, he was in that position for a minute.

vCash
    I miss the Attitude Era. More specifically the stuff that was going on, I mean you had USA vs Canada, Undertaker basically being Paul Bearer's bitch until he told the secret, gang warfare, Austin vs Mcmahon, The Ministry, Triple H vs The Rock, Austin coming back, Austin turning heel in 2001. All that over something like 4 years. Of course there was the little stuff too but the big stuff made it.

I also miss stuff in later years like JBL on commentary, Matt vs MVP, Evolution, MNM as a tag team.

Thread Information