Talk Wrestling Online: Forum

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

vCash
    I dunno, he was pretty f*cking awesome in WWE.

TNA are just really giving him more spotlight time (still props to TNA, but it isn't TNA that made him great is all I'm saying).

vCash
    no i agree the pope is awesome because of the pope, to me TNA gives him more chance to be a character, when he was in WWE he didn't get that chance
    What Chocolate Bar does this wrestler look like.......

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TPIB View Post
    -Crowds who actually care about the product and a product that fans can actually care about.
    I completely agree with this statement. Beltey posted a video in the YouTube forum showing Steve Austin in a backstage skit with Tajiri. One of videos available after it plays is Tajiri's in-ring WWE debut, against Crash Holly, and the fans are rabid for the entire duration of the match... and it's a genuine "we love WWF and want to let you know vocally" blast of noise.

Now this is Tajiri (who was basically only known to the majority of the WWE audience from his backstagte skits) versus Crash Holly, two lightweight wrestlers just having a match to introduce the former as an in-ring talent, yet the fans were hot for it like today's main-events.

It felt like night and day comparing the two eras.
    No one knows what it's like
    To be the bad man
    To be the sad man
    Behind blue eyes
    And no one knows
    What it's like to be hated
    To be fated to telling only lies

vCash
    Yeah, thats the thing. When things are hot, everyone is over and everything works. When things arent hot, nobody is over and nothing works.

Back then people went nuts for Crash Holly. Today BRET HART RETURNING got a so-so pop.

vCash
    Tajiri, from his debut as Regal's man slave until the WWF mis-used him to the point of no return, was great. Obviously he was far superior in ECW, but I was shocked he did as well as he did in the WWF before the rug was pulled out from under him.

Thread Information