Talk Wrestling Online: Forum

Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

vCash
    ROFL.

vCash
    I'm fairly sure Piper was just acting like a dickhead there, he's said many times that it was a "shoot".

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitchell View Post
    To be fair, Russo did book a segment on an early TNA show with himself and Roddy Piper where Piper accused him of murdering Owen.

No, I'm not joking. TNA really did this:

4:00 in.
    I know you get a kick out of pointing out TNA's mess ups. But if it was a shoot shouldn't it be "No, I'm not joking. Roddy Piper really did this"?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GoldStandard View Post
    I know you get a kick out of pointing out TNA's mess ups. But if it was a shoot shouldn't it be "No, I'm not joking. Roddy Piper really did this"?
    To be fair to Mitch, he points out the WWE mess ups too. So he's not all one sided.
    I'm a bit of a b*llshitter myself but occasionally enjoy listening to an expert. Please carry on.

"Treat everyone the same until you find out they're an idiot."

A rose by any other name, is just a pr*ck in a bush.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GoldStandard View Post
    Worked shoot. There's a difference.

Russo loves worked shoots and tries to incorporate them into everything. Wouldn't be surprised if he worked-shoots his own wife and child(ren?) at home, whilst dangling on a pole as he announces a 32-man tournament to decide who his new family will be. These things are all staples of his booking and there's no way that he didn't at the very least say "yeah, go ahead and say that". Not a chance. If Piper really, truly thought Russo killed Owen, he wouldn't have worked with him. Not for the money TNA were paying, anyway.

My guess is that Russo suggested it, but at worst, Piper suggested it and Russo ok'ed it.

vCash
    Never knew it was worked. I thought it was as real as real can get.
    In saying that though, Roddy Piper is very close to Bret so why he'd agree to that puzzles me.

Quote Originally Posted by Fiona View Post
    To be fair to Mitch, he points out the WWE mess ups too. So he's not all one sided.
    Yeah I know that, I've enjoyed reading some of his posts lately. But even Mitch can't deny he gets a kick when he sees TNA mess up big time.

vCash
    Absolutely, and I make no bones about it, either. But it's nothing I wouldn't take WWE to task for if they did the same thing. It's just that TNA actually did it. They actually did a lot of really bad stuff back then and for all the sh*t I give them today, Russo was at his utmost worst in 2002/2003.

For how real the Piper thing looked, and there may be an element of shoot to it, my all-time favourite was Russo booking an interview with Mike Tenay where Tenay would ask about his WCW run and a semi-in-character Russo would defend himself. Tenay did his homework, gathered all the WCW numbers and just BURIED Russo to his face and Russo ended up saying that he believed Tenay was making the numbers up (he wasn't) and got incredibly flustered. Then he claimed in his second autobiography that he felt guilty afterwards because he thought he had made Tenay look bad.

2002-2004 TNA is worth watching for anybody who thinks TNA is at its worst right now, or just anyone who wants a shock at just how far they have actually come in certain ways (and how far they haven't in others).

vCash
    I always thought that was Piper just going off on one, if Russo booked it, he's an idiot. He'll take credit for anything he didnt do, even that.

vCash
    I hasten to add that I don't *know* that it's a worked shoot, so Russo may not have booked it. But really, it's pro wrestling, Piper and Russo worked together perfectly fine several times, Russo loved his worked shoots (see Hogan at Bash At The Beach) and Russo was perfectly fine to do his thing later on in the segment without being gravely offended at being accused of MURDERING someone who actually did die in an horrific wrestling accident that Russo was present for. Again, even if Piper came up with it himself, I have zero doubt that Russo was perfectly fine with and encouraging of it.

vCash
    I see.

Thread Information