Talk Wrestling Online: Forum

Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The Cork View Post
    Because Rhyno coming out, beating everyone up and threatening to kill people unless he got a title shot is 'logic' of course

Errr, yes, thats logical when you consider Rhynos character of the time.

as are angles where Francine tells Justin Credible "no pussy until you win the title" then Credible goes on a losing streak
    Again, yes. I dont remember that storyline but it makes sense. Francine was portrayed as a glory hound. She was attracted to the gold. Like a slightly more discerning ring rat.

and Steve Corino doing things to Missy Hyatt with a cucumber and missing his match.
    I dont remember that one either, but yeah that one sounds rather stupid.

You have to remember scale, Heyman made very few idiotic calls like that, Russo makes them a lot, and still.
    ¿¡Por qué no te callas!?

vCash
    The Rhyno one was stupid, IMO as Sandman had only just won the belt himself, it made no real sense to book a 2min title reign. Russo would be crucified if he did that. The other two examples were on the 'Best of November to Remember' video.

Also, I dont think Russo is still a shit booker, TNA has had some good stuff this year like the MCMG's v BMI, Lethal/Flair, etc, and their PPV's have been great bar Victory Road, but I guess that good stuff will get attributed to someone else though, huh. Its wrong to say Russo 'is still bad' in a comparison to Heyman, because Heyman hasnt done anything in wrestling for years.

vCash
    The Rhyno one was stupid, IMO as Sandman had only just won the belt himself, it made no real sense to book a 2min title reign. Russo would be crucified if he did that.

Actually it makes perfect sense. The Sandman was a massive face, the ECW fans loved him, he wins the belt Rhyno then comes out and screws him over. Massive heel heat. Its simple, logical booking that boosts both mens standings as far as face/heel heat goes.

Also, I dont think Russo is still a shit booker, TNA has had some good stuff this year like the MCMG's v BMI, Lethal/Flair, etc, and their PPV's have been great bar Victory Road, but I guess that good stuff will get attributed to someone else though, huh. Its wrong to say Russo 'is still bad' in a comparison to Heyman, because Heyman hasnt done anything in wrestling for years.
    It has been better this year... while Hogan and Bischoff have been there as part of the process. And I have to admit that I didnt expect Hogan to improve it, he certainly convinced me.
    ¿¡Por qué no te callas!?

vCash
    ECW most of the time was just a cluster**** of run-ins and random brawls.......

Take off the rose tinted glasses.
    You're way, way off the mark here. Sure, there were matches that had run-ins, matches that were made because of run-ins and brawls aplenty, but "most of the time" isn't even close to being accurate.
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkstar View Post
    Actually it makes perfect sense. The Sandman was a massive face, the ECW fans loved him, he wins the belt Rhyno then comes out and screws him over. Massive heel heat. Its simple, logical booking that boosts both mens standings as far as face/heel heat goes..
    There's also another small, almost meaningless extra that adds to the logic... the simple fact Rhino and Sandman were actually fueding and had been for the best part of six-months.
    No one knows what it's like
    To be the bad man
    To be the sad man
    Behind blue eyes
    And no one knows
    What it's like to be hated
    To be fated to telling only lies

vCash
    Blaming Russo for the death of WCW is utter crap, the task he had to start with was nigh on impossible.
    I don't remember reading any posts by people saying Russo put WCW out of business.
    If they did say it they're wrong. It was the whole Time Warner/AOL thing that ended WCW.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DC View Post
    There's also another small, almost meaningless extra that adds to the logic... the simple fact Rhino and Sandman were actually fueding and had been for the best part of six-months.

Except they werent.

After he beat Sandman at Heatwave, he went off defending the TV Title v New Jack, LSD and others while Sandman had a half-arsed feud with Corino and Credible.

vCash
    Now my memory of this is a bit fuzzy as I didnt see them in order, but weren't they fueding on TV throughout this time?
    ¿¡Por qué no te callas!?

vCash
    You're defending TNA and ravaging ECW, yet nine years after ECW died, TNA are dedicating not one but two entire shows to it. Do you think that, ten years after TNA dies, another promotion will run a TNA tribute show paying respect to the booking and vision of Vince Russo on their pay-per-view slot?

Quote Originally Posted by GoldStandard View Post
    I don't remember reading any posts by people saying Russo put WCW out of business.
    If they did say it they're wrong. It was the whole Time Warner/AOL thing that ended WCW.
    You're right - nobody said that. Russo didn't kill WCW, but he did take it round the back and help load the gun. WCW was salvageable when he arrived and on its death bed when he left. But yeah, of course, he was only a bit player in the damage that the likes of Bischoff, Hogan, and eventually Jamie Kellner of AOL/Time Warner did.

Funny, considering Russo, Bischoff and Hogan are all in TNA right now and it's closer to dying than it has been in years now that Spike are unhappy and Dixie is being forced to make changes.

vCash
    Not really.

New Forum User
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitchell View Post
    Funny, considering Russo, Bischoff and Hogan are all in TNA right now and it's closer to dying than it has been in years now that Spike are unhappy and Dixie is being forced to make changes.
    Not funny at all.... purely fact.
    If Carlsberg made short fat Welshmen........

Thread Information