Talk Wrestling Online: Forum

Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast

vCash

Paul Heyman in TNA?

Quote Originally Posted by Mitchell View Post
    Also, Heyman is not coming to TNA. He's not an idiot. If he needed the money, he'd go to WWE and be a consultant. If Dixie won't give him full control (and she's enough of an idiot to not do so) then he's not coming in.
    Heyman would make a lot more in TNA than WWE according to him (provided he'd be given full control). 4 or 5 years in TNA is all he said it'd take for him to take care of his kids financially for life whereas if he went to WWE he wouldn't be making near that money at all.
    Making TNA public is what his long term plan would be should he join.

vCash
    His figures were over a five year period provided that TNA went public and gave him absolute 100% control. TNA won't go public and Dixie has already stated her own demands - he won't be given power to fire or hire anyone and Russo must be allowed to stay - which is why it's pretty much accepted by everyone that he's not coming in now. As it currently stands, Heyman would be making less money to be more involved with the company than if he went to WWE for a consultancy job that he can almost certainly do mostly at home. And if she won't give up power to him, what's the point? He's a smart man and he knows the two biggest problems with TNA and the two key reasons why TNA aren't growing and won't grow are Dixie and Russo. Thus, if she is going to make Heyman book TNA her way with her talent and Russo on board, there's absolutely no gain whatsoever for him to come in. None. At all.

You only have to look at their direction right now - she wanted him to be a public figure leading the ECW stable when he has made it clear that he doesn't want to be a public figure and his entire booking philosophy is to make new stars instead of using old ones (apparently he's told Meltzer that one of the deals with Dixie was that he told her they should fire a few of the legends and keep only one or two, and she couldn't comprehend why this would be a good idea).

Thus, unless big BIG changes occur in higher management, Heyman isn't coming in. He doesn't need TNA at all - he has his stuff with Heyman Hustle and Brock and could find employment with any wrestling company in the world if he wanted to. TNA is too big a risk for his career and especially his "aura" (ie. the kool-aid that everyone drinks which is why everyone believes he is TNA's latest golden carrot) for him to come in and be handicapped into making no difference to the failure of the company, UNLESS they give him full control and make it financially worth his while. Which they seemingly aren't willing to do.

vCash
    Yeah Dixie could do with a kick up the ass alright. I'm enjoying watching TNA these days but if she wants to grow that company she's gotta stop being such a bad business woman.

vCash
    Thus why people get angry or have now stopped caring completely about TNA. Product aside, the business end of the company is WCW 2000 all over again. Buyrates at record lows, Spike deeply unhappy, losing money because of all the big star contracts and lack of revenue, Dixie refusing to fire people (and there's a fantastic quote of hers on a shoot DVD she filmed where she said that if the fans continued to chant 'Fire Russo' then she'd have fired someone else instead just to stick it to them - this is what we're dealing with, here), a lack of branding or marketability or star-making, etc. God bless her sweet little heart, but she's the worst "big-time" (term used loosely) wrestling promoter possibly of all time. She could do a lot worse than give Heyman free reign over things, but if she wouldn't do it for Hulk Hogan, supposed biggest name in the game, then I don't see why she'd give Heyman that deal.

Even with the current product, and even Heyman ripped it apart, they don't even try to market themselves or make anything mean anything. I was thinking about it yesterday with the whole Bound For Glory PPV which is designed as their Wrestlemania but isn't because it is just a tacked-on title to a random show and nothing sets the show apart (Slammiversary *should* be the big show). People always complain about when Wrestlemania comes around and the wrestlers always point at the Mania sign at the back of the arena, but they're making shedloads of money through that one event and I bet Heyman would be smart enough to know how to brand a money event to actually entice people to care.

Actually, I bet Hogan would, too. Hell, he was the face of Wrestlemania for 9 years so he should know better than anyone.

vCash
    It wouldn't kill Dixie Carter to at least try it. Give him a certain length of time to see if he can turn the company around. If it doesn't work then they're not worse off than they are now. At least Heyman knows what he's doing and would give them a legitimate chance to compete in the wrestling market.
    I'm a bit of a b*llshitter myself but occasionally enjoy listening to an expert. Please carry on.

"Treat everyone the same until you find out they're an idiot."

A rose by any other name, is just a pr*ck in a bush.

vCash
    Heyman is a false prophet.

He made just as many mistakes as Russo and Russo had just as many successes as Heyman. I have no reason to believe that he would 'save' TNA, or lead them to compete against the WWE.

vCash
    I don't think anyone is expecting them to be direct competition for the WWE. They tried that by moving to Mondays and failed miserably. At least they could get more people interested in the product which is the most they can hope for. It will take a major shift in the fan base to put them in the same league and I don't see that happening anytime soon. Anything is better than nothing.
    I'm a bit of a b*llshitter myself but occasionally enjoy listening to an expert. Please carry on.

"Treat everyone the same until you find out they're an idiot."

A rose by any other name, is just a pr*ck in a bush.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The Cork View Post
    Heyman is a false prophet.

He made just as many mistakes as Russo and Russo had just as many successes as Heyman. I have no reason to believe that he would 'save' TNA, or lead them to compete against the WWE.
    That is the wisest thing you have ever said

Heyman was a wresling master mind in 90's But so was Dusty Rhodes in the 80s BUT this is 2010. There is nothing to say they would be any good now Dusty certainly do anything for TNA when he booked it. I think in terms of booking TNA has improved alot this year after the Hogan take over. I take back what i said at the start. While WWE has become more and more like TNA every week with nonsense booking calls

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The Cork View Post
    He made just as many mistakes as Russo
    Ok, I could use a laugh. Please explain how Paul Heyman made as many mistakes as the worst mainstream booker in professional wrestling history, Vince Russo.

vCash
    Remembering that we can't blame Heyman at all for the demise of ECW whereas Vince Russo was basically WCW's executioner.

When was the last time that Heyman was in charge of any wrestling booking? 2005/2006? You know that period where it was slightly interesting again?

Jay you are wrong. WWE, while making random choices, always have a reason or are somewhat logical. TNA does not subscribe to any known form of logic and just makes a mess of the storyboard.
    Keep in mind that what I've said is merely my opinion, but keep in mind that I'm always right.
    You'll be happy to know that 61 percent of the WWE Universe voters think the WWE Draft is better than the NFL, NBA, another major sports drafts. In related news, 61 percent of the WWE Universe voters are morons.

Thread Information