Talk Wrestling Online: Forum

Page 5 of 22 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MastersGonads View Post
    This is where the problem will lie. It all depends on what the NXT guys were told to do. There is a difference between punching a few people and tearing up the set and strangling the ring announcer with his own tie.

If the reports are to believed and it was Mattel that complained, then yes Danielson has been made a scapegoat. And no, the cameraman shouldnt be fired. Its not like there hasnt been scapegoats before, its natural in any business, and if this was Darren Young and not Daniel Bryan no one would care....

But the difference is say a powerbomb (a move) or even a chair shot is commonplace in wrestling the WWE would argue. And they could say the disclaimer against this with the PSA

Maybe its me, but I think there is a difference between a chair shot to the back and the close up shot of Justin Roberts being strangled from Monday night

As I said earlier, it all depends what the NXT guys were directed to do...

But how are they fools? Wrestlers come and go, but in an economic climate like it is at the moment, then a deal with Mattel is vital...Its not like Danielson would be like sacking Cena

As I said this is the crux of the argument, if they were warned what was and wasnt PG then Danielson has no excuses. If it was a case of Vince firing him to appease Mattel, then yes he is a scapegoat and I feel sorry for him...

But as Jimmy says, its not the end of the angle by any means, and to be fair the WWE were fine before Danielson, and they will be fine after him...
    To be honest bro, you are so unbelievably pro-WWE and defend almost anything and everything they do that its pointless arguing with you. Now, before you take that as an insult and go in any way batshit crazy, it wasnt an insult, its just how it is.

WWE dont have a leg to stand on firing somebody over a worked choke, end of story. Its not different, and no worse, than any move used on any episode of RAW or SD! that you ever watch. Doesnt make any damn difference if its in the ring, at ringside, in the back or anywhere else. You are a self admitted non wrestling fan so I understand that really dont have any idea about what has happened in wrestling over the years, but this isnt the first time people have been choked, this isnt the first time WWE have done this sort of thing when being PG rated. This isnt the first time non-wrestlers have been attacked on the shows. This is nothing new, at all.

I dont buy that this isnt a work, but if its not, WWE have fired the guy without cause.

vCash
    Yeah but I wouldn't read that much into it. Although who knows with this, seems crazy all round.
    Turns Water into Funk

Weekly Column: The Iron Jung!
    http://www.wrestling101.com/101/category/jung

vCash
    If its legit, its a swipe at the WWE and he is off to TNA or somewhere else...

If its all a work, it could be an anti WWE reference by the NXT guys, and the 'winds of change' is against names being changed etc..which would be great for the Invasion...

I still think its legit, simply because it was cut from all International programming this week, and I dont think the WWE would do this if they were not concerned about it...

vCash
    I believe this is legit for several reasons:

1) Why would Danielson change his twitter account back to his original name when the WWE have just trademarked Daniel Bryan

2) It makes no sense to say that Daniel Bryan has been released and not the other rookies. It suggests that he was in fact employed when in terms of storyline he wasn't. It's breaking Keyfabe a little too much

3)Also the shots of spitting and the tie choke have been edited off replays

Interestingly you can't actually watch the NXT rookies attack on WWE.com currently, all the other media works

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The Beltster View Post
    To be honest bro, you are so unbelievably pro-WWE and defend almost anything and everything they do that its pointless arguing with you. Now, before you take that as an insult and go in any way batshit crazy, it wasnt an insult, its just how it is.
    Dont worry, I wont go batshit crazy or take it as an insult, because it simply isnt true. Yes I defend stuff that I read that isnt true, but if you read back through my posts I am as equally critical of them as I do praise them...

WWE dont have a leg to stand on firing somebody over a worked choke, end of story. Its not different, and no worse, than any move used on any episode of RAW or SD! that you ever watch. Doesnt make any damn difference if its in the ring, at ringside, in the back or anywhere else. You are a self admitted non wrestling fan so I understand that really dont have any idea about what has happened in wrestling over the years, but this isnt the first time people have been choked, this isnt the first time WWE have done this sort of thing when being PG rated. This isnt the first time non-wrestlers have been attacked on the shows. This is nothing new, at all.
    I am quite open in that I am not a wrestling fan, I wouldnt watch it if I didnt have too...but I always watched PPV's so I wasnt completley out of the loop

But it does make a difference. You can argue that it doesnt, but when you deal with OFCOM on a weekly basis like I do, and see some of the complaints aimed at television broadcasters, such things like like in the ring, ringside, backstage are taken into account. Watch some of the Day time versions of WWE programming compared to the Late night versions. Different camera angles are used between the shows, not to mention cutaways and freezes this isnt by accident, this is because OFCOM are that strict.

If this had been shown on a daytime show, there would have been complaints from the audience without a doubt, if Justin Roberts had been powerbombed in the ring, there wouldnt have...

The violence across the WWE weekly product has decreased rapidly since they have gone PG, in fact this was the most violent segment in months, and its the cleanest it has been in the 6 years I have been watching

If the WWE were not worried about it, why cover it from all repeats this week at their own request?

I dont buy that this isnt a work, but if its not, WWE have fired the guy without cause.
    As I said, if Danielson has been made a scapegoat, I feel very sorry for him and yes it is without cause, other than Vince protecting the business interets of his company.

But as I said, he is not the first person to be made a scapegoat in any form of business, and he wont be last , but yes, it still sucks....and hopefully if it is legit, he will do well in TNA

3)Also the shots of spitting and the tie choke have been edited off replays
    Thats a great point that I forgot. I doubt spitting at Cena went down too well at all

vCash
    This better be a joke or else WWE can **** off. EVERYTHING else on Raw was pathetic apart from that angle, EVERYTHING.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MastersGonads View Post
    I doubt spitting at Cena went down too well at all
    What a way to go out if his firing is legit.

vCash
    Surely the A Team angle where they released GAS into a room was more violent than choking someone with a tie?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave7g View Post
    This better be a joke or else WWE can **** off. EVERYTHING else on Raw was pathetic apart from that angle, EVERYTHING.
    But the angle can still run. Wade is the leader. Danielson is just one of the guys. He wasn't booked to look special on Monday and, in fact, has mostly been booked as a joke.

Just because they fire ONE of the eight or so rookies doesn't mean the angle is over and can't work just as well without him.

Danielson was never ever going to amount to anything in WWE anyway. Let him go to TNA where he can at least be paid reasonably and possibly be allowed to wrestle longer than 4 minutes each week.

vCash
    He was the whole point of the angle though, that stuff with Cole was for nothing then?

Thread Information