Talk Wrestling Online: Forum

Page 4 of 22 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

vCash
    If he is legit gone, then I'm done. Bryan was my only hope for the WWE but if they can f up one of the best wrestlers in the world then I have no interest in the rest of there bantering with mesomorphs with necks like upturned mixing bowls who can't work. Call me when another Rock shows up.
    Keep in mind that what I've said is merely my opinion, but keep in mind that I'm always right.
    You'll be happy to know that 61 percent of the WWE Universe voters think the WWE Draft is better than the NFL, NBA, another major sports drafts. In related news, 61 percent of the WWE Universe voters are morons.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dante Spears View Post
    If he is legit gone, then I'm done. Bryan was my only hope for the WWE but if they can f up one of the best wrestlers in the world then I have no interest in the rest of there bantering with mesomorphs with necks like upturned mixing bowls who can't work. Call me when another Rock shows up.
    I'd say the bigger issue is due to everyone talking the same way, working the same way and being booked like idiots, even if they had another Rock, he couldn't break out into a star anyway. Unless he's HHH's buddy.
    Turns Water into Funk

Weekly Column: The Iron Jung!
    http://www.wrestling101.com/101/category/jung

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jung View Post
    I wonder what this means to the whole NXT Invasion thing if it is all legit?
    Unless creative are genius like they were for the invasion, then it's all but killed
    STRAIGHT **** EDGE **** SOCIETY

CO HOST OF THE TWO COMMUNITY PODCAST! WEBSITE

R.I.P Eddie Guerrero

R.I.P Mitsuharu Misawa

vCash
    Even if this is legit this doesnt necessarily mean the angle is dead. There are 8 guys in this thing and, on Monday at least, they werent pushing Bryan more than at least some of the other guys. Barrett is positioned as the leader anyhow. They'll be poorer in the work department and will probably dampen the interest of the smark crowd, but the angle as it is on TV wont live or die solely on Bryan.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The Beltster View Post
    So to be fair to Bryan, the camera man should be fired too...if he didnt zoom in (due to the directors instruction, no less!), this wouldnt be an issue
    This is where the problem will lie. It all depends on what the NXT guys were told to do. There is a difference between punching a few people and tearing up the set and strangling the ring announcer with his own tie.

If the reports are to believed and it was Mattel that complained, then yes Danielson has been made a scapegoat. And no, the cameraman shouldnt be fired. Its not like there hasnt been scapegoats before, its natural in any business, and if this was Darren Young and not Daniel Bryan no one would care....

And while I understand the people copying it at home bit, if a kid punts his brother in the head, powerbombs him, hits him with a chair or anything else, its just as dangerous.
    But the difference is say a powerbomb (a move) or even a chair shot is commonplace in wrestling the WWE would argue. And they could say the disclaimer against this with the PSA

Maybe its me, but I think there is a difference between a chair shot to the back and the close up shot of Justin Roberts being strangled from Monday night

I think this is a ridiculous, over-the-top reaction by WWE and anybody else who agree's with it. Its stupid, there is no defense for this firing for the reason given. You cant fire somebody for working a choke on a show which is built on worked fighting, most of which is 100x worse than a 2 second worked choke.
    As I said earlier, it all depends what the NXT guys were directed to do...

I stand by my statement earlier - if true, the WWE are fools.
    But how are they fools? Wrestlers come and go, but in an economic climate like it is at the moment, then a deal with Mattel is vital...Its not like Danielson would be like sacking Cena

I can kind of understand why wwe would worry bout such a thing. BUT YOU AVOID THAT BY TELLING THEM BEFORE WHAT YOU AND WHAT YOU ARE NOT ALLOWED TO DO BEFORE YOU DO THE BLOODY SEGMENT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    As I said this is the crux of the argument, if they were warned what was and wasnt PG then Danielson has no excuses. If it was a case of Vince firing him to appease Mattel, then yes he is a scapegoat and I feel sorry for him...

But as Jimmy says, its not the end of the angle by any means, and to be fair the WWE were fine before Danielson, and they will be fine after him...

vCash
    If this is true what a load of bollocks.
    It's really taken the shine from what was a brilliant segment on Raw last week.
    Can't wait to see him in TNA battling with Wolfe again.

vCash
    This is what he posted on his twitter

"Just changed my twitter name to Bryan Danielson. The winds of change are stirring."
    And then he was released. If it was real, I don't know why he'd stick on the WWE's phrase of "the winds of change".
    Keep in mind that what I've said is merely my opinion, but keep in mind that I'm always right.
    You'll be happy to know that 61 percent of the WWE Universe voters think the WWE Draft is better than the NFL, NBA, another major sports drafts. In related news, 61 percent of the WWE Universe voters are morons.

vCash
    Eh? I don't think WWE created the phrase "winds of change".
    Turns Water into Funk

Weekly Column: The Iron Jung!
    http://www.wrestling101.com/101/category/jung

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jung View Post
    Eh? I don't think WWE created the phrase "winds of change".
    No but Wade Barrett has been using the phrase quite frequently lately.

vCash
    No but it was said on NXT quite a bit. Mainly it was Wade's thing though.
    WANT TO BE A PART OF THE ACTION?

E-Fedders. Visit the TWOstars E-Fed Training Forum, and see if you have what it takes!

Thread Information