Talk Wrestling Online: Forum

Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

vCash
    WWE is barely PG it's more becoming U.

I mean how is worked strangling a man worse than hitting somebody with a trashcan?

Seriously it's ridiculous how they are basically saying with this "we can't possibly have aggression or violence in wrestling". I mean how is fake strangling somebody worse than ladder shots, trashcan shots heck Orton's punt!
    Turns Water into Funk

Weekly Column: The Iron Jung!
    http://www.wrestling101.com/101/category/jung

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jung View Post

I mean how is worked strangling a man worse than hitting somebody with a trashcan?

Seriously it's ridiculous how they are basically saying with this "we can't possibly have aggression or violence in wrestling". I mean how is fake strangling somebody worse than ladder shots, trashcan shots heck Orton's punt!
    Umm, it wasnt exactly a worked strangling.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Redman View Post
    Ok it was fairly aggressive sure but it's still worked cause it wasn't like Roberts was going to die here and how is that worse than Orton destroying Swagger with a trashcan?

Both are uber aggressive, look pretty nasty and harmful.

And in more simple terms how is one fine and the other an apparent firing offence?
    Turns Water into Funk

Weekly Column: The Iron Jung!
    http://www.wrestling101.com/101/category/jung

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jung View Post

As I said, the strangling was the only thing in that final segment that would have raised alarms for International Broadcasters and regulators watching the show...mainly due to how close the camera was, I thought at the time this was a little graphic for some audiences

In terms of the final segment in regulators eyes the agression to WWE employees, like seen to Striker, King, the referee, who were all punched or kicked would have been fine, then there is graphic shots of strangulation to someone who is not an on screen personality...

Ok it was fairly aggressive sure but it's still worked cause it wasn't like Roberts was going to die here and how is that worse than Orton destroying Swagger with a trashcan?

Both are uber aggressive, look pretty nasty and harmful.

And in more simple terms how is one fine and the other an apparent firing offence?
    But it was still an extreme graphic close up of someone being strangled...

The crux of this from a regulators perspective in the UK for daytime programming, would be that Orton and Swagger are experienced workers, on screen protagonists, in an improvised angle while Roberts is not....

And for the record, any trash can shots would have been covered with a crowd cutaway for daytime viewing anyway...as was Orton's punts...

Its the same with what can be show in ring and within the ring area, and then what can be seen when wrestlers are fighting in the crowd or in the backstage area...

I dont disagree that the boundaries are very grey and slight, but the WWE obviously felt that under the PG rating, this was beyong what is acceptable for that rating, and I tend with my experience to agree with them.

On your last point, all I can think of, is that this wasnt agreed with Roberts and WWE hierachy obviously felt that Danielson went too far on someone who technically is not a wrestler..

vCash
    Didn't Heath Slater try and strangle Cena with the busted ring rope on camera though?
    We're here and we're taking over!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Redman View Post
    Yes it was, of course it was! What, do you think he was shoot strangling him?!

People (as in the censors), as usual, are making a mountain out of a mole hill. Wrestling is a work for f*ck sake, those same censors who cry about it are the first people to have a laugh and a piss take and call wrestling fake.

What a joke.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The Beltster View Post
    Yes it was, of course it was! What, do you think he was shoot strangling him?!

People (as in the censors), as usual, are making a mountain out of a mole hill. Wrestling is a work for f*ck sake, those same censors who cry about it are the first people to have a laugh and a piss take and call wrestling fake.

What a joke.
    I dont think he was shoot strangling him, but I dont think it was scripted per se or certainly not with the close up on camera. It simply wouldn't have been edited out of all shows if the powers that be were happy with it.

As for censors like OFCOM in the UK, Uh huh, they always go overboard, its because they themselves are goverment regulated. It only takes one child to recreate the strangling on his younger brother after watching it at 9am on a Saturday morning, and there is a public outcry and both Sky Sports are in trouble for showing it and OFCOM for not regulating it, by the Goverment who want to cover there own backs...

Didn't Heath Slater try and strangle Cena with the busted ring rope on camera though?
    Yes, but there wasn't an extreme close up, Cena would be considered as I said above as a wrestler and an on screen personality when Roberts isnt and thirdly it took place in the ring. Its another grey area as I mentioned what is allowed in ring, in the ring area, in the arena, backstage...

vCash
    Rumour has it that the tie choke was complained about by Mattel (who do the WWE toys) and so Vince fired him to keep them sweet, BUT plans are being made to bring him back already once its blown over.

Probably bollocks, you know what the wrestling rumourmill is like.
    ¿¡Por qué no te callas!?

vCash
    So Bryan is getting cut because of something he was told to do? This is Muhammad Hassan all over again. You think they would learn from their mistakes when they got rid of him.
    WANT TO BE A PART OF THE ACTION?

E-Fedders. Visit the TWOstars E-Fed Training Forum, and see if you have what it takes!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MastersGonads View Post
    I dont think he was shoot strangling him, but I dont think it was scripted per se or certainly not with the close up on camera. It simply wouldn't have been edited out of all shows if the powers that be were happy with it.

As for censors like OFCOM in the UK, Uh huh, they always go overboard, its because they themselves are goverment regulated. It only takes one child to recreate the strangling on his younger brother after watching it at 9am on a Saturday morning, and there is a public outcry and both Sky Sports are in trouble for showing it and OFCOM for not regulating it, by the Goverment who want to cover there own backs...
    So to be fair to Bryan, the camera man should be fired too...if he didnt zoom in (due to the directors instruction, no less!), this wouldnt be an issue.

And while I understand the people copying it at home bit, if a kid punts his brother in the head, powerbombs him, hits him with a chair or anything else, its just as dangerous.

I think this is a ridiculous, over-the-top reaction by WWE and anybody else who agree's with it. Its stupid, there is no defense for this firing for the reason given. You cant fire somebody for working a choke on a show which is built on worked fighting, most of which is 100x worse than a 2 second worked choke.

Thread Information