Talk Wrestling Online: Forum

Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    vCash
    I might have to. Capitalism isn't going to smash itself!
    TWO Senior Moderator

Boxing and MMA Forum Leader: Boxing and MMA Forum

vCash
    I really wanted it, but Im not paying a tenner a month for the game as well as buying the disk in the first place. Not that bothered.
    ¿¡Por qué no te callas!?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkstar View Post
    I really wanted it, but Im not paying a tenner a month for the game as well as buying the disk in the first place. Not that bothered.
    That's exactly how I feel about, well, any pay to play game.

I'd consider one that had no initial outlay on the game but a monthly fee, and I'll play free to play that you have to buy to initial game, but I've never played a game yet that's worth buying and then paying monthly to play.

Let alone then also paying for the expansion packs which have been funded by, you guessed it, the monthly fee. Yes, WOW, I'm looking directly at you...

vCash
    I get everything I need from MMORPGs by just using the free samples. No way on Earth I'm paying they ludicrous prices for a subscription, and I'm yet to find one that holds my interest long enough to make me want to keep playing once the trials up.

City of Villains is actually kinda sh*t as a game, it's just I really loved my character and seeing people reactions to him.
    TWO Senior Moderator

vCash
    Yeah, I had a character on my cousins COH/COV account that I screwed about with for a while. Never really got into it. The same with Warhammer Online. The only online RPG which held my attention for a while was Guild Wars.

vCash
    Warhammer was probably my favourite one I've tried, and I didn't really like it all that much. I had a go on World of Warcraft and it was really kinda rubbish. Same with Runescape. I want to have a go on the Lord of the Rings one, but it doesn't work for Mac yet, and I'll try the DC one in due time, although, according to Reno, the character creation is kinda rubbish.
    TWO Senior Moderator

vCash
    Compared to Champions Online/City of Heroes, DC Universe character creation is reaaaaaaaally lacking. It's okayish, just really simple. There's no option to choose faces, you have preset body frams to choose from, there's not that many powers and all the parts of costumes are all pretty vanilla and there's not a whole lot to choose from. You can pick up new gear from enemies you defeat and by doing quests, but so far they've all been a little shit, but you can pick and choose styles while keeping the stats of the item which is a nice touch.

Gameplay it's self is really simplistic, too, although that's most likely because it's also a console game. It's sort of fun, although I've not really invested too many hours into it.

I've played a lot of MMO's, and DC might be decent once it's been given some more time to expand. I'm personally looking forward to the Old Republic MMO, though.
    "Opened a cloest door and a pair of trousers spinning around no wind or anything just trousers spinning." - WAYNE

vCash
    Hilarity from the paper in Red Dead :

The marriage is announced to be solemnized of Miss Mollie Brannigan, daughter of Cole and Ella Brannigan, to Mr Melvin Brannigan, son of Cole and Ella Brannigan

vCash
    There's also an ad for 'The Gayest Show in the West'.

vCash
    Bioware are suspending the Cerberus network for Mass Effect 2 (really Bioware, the little piece of boring news that took forever to read, wow I'm going to miss that) and as well with that, they have announced a new ME2 DLC coming out for 2011. Good to know that ME2 is still getting attention, even though ME3 is on the horizon.
    The Bath Guize. Nuff' said.

My youtube channel, where I do my own Let's Play's and try not to fail too much!
    http://www.youtube.com/user/Rudie95

Thread Information