Talk Wrestling Online: Forum

Page 19 of 23 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast
    vCash
    I tried to make a new Gamertag with all British information, and the website crashed when I tried to send the application. Twice.
    TWO Senior Moderator

Boxing and MMA Forum Leader: Boxing and MMA Forum

vCash
    Anybody else having major connection problems with Xbox live?

It might just be Black Ops, but the last 3/4 weeks it's been horrendous. It's always had it's problems, but last night I logged into 7 games, and every one of them disconnected after lagging like shit. I t was lagging so bad I'd see nobody in front of me one second, then the next I'd be on the floor, dead.

Anyone else having problems, or is this just my internet connection? Never had it this bad before.
    There is no shame in failing, only in not having tried.

Don't mistake kindness for weakness

vCash
    Having a look around online for you Phil.

Seems to be localised to Black Ops. Try resetting your connection and checking your speed, but I'd suggest its the Black Ops servers, not your end.
    Check Me Out, Join The Revolution 500+ Followers
    @fletchercohol on Twitter

Also check out TWOStar's Own Famous on Twitter too now
    @FamousTWOStars

vCash
    Just read that Onlive has gone under, they apparently are selling some of the business to someone else and fired everybody.
    We live in a world where we have to hide to make love, but violence is practiced in broad daylight.
    John Lennon

I'm NOT weird, I'm Limited Edition!

Inside every cynical person, there is a disappointed idealist.

vCash
    PArtially Wrong.

Cloud gaming and desktop computing service OnLive's fate is in: It has been sold to an unnamed entity. The news puts to rest some rumors that had been swirling about its future.

If you're a user of the on-demand video gaming service there's no need to worry, at least for now. A spokesperson for OnLive CEO Steve Perlman said the company will continue to operate its OnLive Game and Desktop services during the transition and the new company is well-funded.

OnLive said in a statement that "the new company is hiring a large percentage" of its staff across all departments.

"All previously announced products and services, including those in the works, will continue and there is no expected interruption of any OnLive services," the statement said.

The blogosphere was abuzz Friday with reports that OnLive had fired most of its staff and several employees were seen leaving the Palo Alto, California-based company carrying boxes.

Later reports indicated that Perlman held a meeting with employees and told them that at least half of the staff was to be let go. Reportedly, he also said OnLive would be filing for a California bankruptcy alternative called Assignment for the Benefit of Creditors, which protects companies in financial trouble from creditors.

Joystiq says an unnamed OnLive employee who was fired told the website the staff was shocked at Perlman's announcement that the company would be restructured. Before the shakeup, OnLive employed 180 to 200 people and Joystick's source speculates only about 20 percent of them received an invitation to work for the new company.

But the really interesting dish is that this anonymous person claims that the average peak amount of concurrent OnLive users was only around 1800 -- nowhere near the 2 million people who had registered for the service. Whether this claim is true or not remains to be seen.

Several purchase offers have come in within recent months but Perlman was reportedly looking for an offer around $1 billion.

OnLive's new owner has not been revealed, but Perlman reportedly said it is not a major company but an individual who is "impressed" with OnLive's accomplishments.

According to a report by IDG News Service's Martyn Williams, OnLive's fall to the brink of bankruptcy is a result of a miscalculation in the amount of infrastructure needed in terms of the powerful servers that stream games to inexpensive TV adapters in the homes of its users.
    ---

\\ WEBSITE || TWITTER //

---

vCash
    anyone getting football manager 2013 when it comes out? If so have you seen sigames youtube post about the changes?
    Last edited by The Fury; 07-09-2012 at 07:13 AM.
    STRAIGHT **** EDGE **** SOCIETY

CO HOST OF THE TWO COMMUNITY PODCAST! WEBSITE

R.I.P Eddie Guerrero

R.I.P Mitsuharu Misawa

You've got a date with me Magic's Avatar
    vCash
    You mean 2013?

And yeah, it looks great. The Steam run network games should be ace.
    Feasting on sleeping pills and Marlboro Reds.

No Fans No History No Money No Worries

vCash
    Anyone use online rental companies like lovefilm or blockbusters? If so thoughts on the service, like value for money/speed of delivery and do you generally get the games you want or are you fobbed off with less wanted games?

vCash
    Lovefilm is great.

I've got every game I've ever asked for. Whether it's a new release or an older game.

The service is very quick too; most of the time, the game being posted through your letterbox just two days after requesting it from them.

Highly recommended.

vCash
    Rumours there was a new PS3 model coming out are indeed true. It's out on the 28th (in the UK at least). Comes in two versions, one's got a super new 500gb Hard Drive and will retail for 299 Euros, and then there's a smaller 12gb Flash Drive version with the ability to upgrade using a standard SATA Hard Drive or an official PS3 250gb Internal Hard Drive. The 12 gb will retail at 229 Euros.

Here's the new PS3

I think I prefer the look of my slim to this, but a 500gb HDD is tempting when I could easily fill it with my downloaded games.
    Check Me Out, Join The Revolution 500+ Followers
    @fletchercohol on Twitter

Also check out TWOStar's Own Famous on Twitter too now
    @FamousTWOStars

Thread Information