Talk Wrestling Online: Forum

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

vCash
    Vince has already shot down a Cena heel turn. A creative member brought it up and he was berated. Vince said it was extremely short-sighted. Vince doesn't care about creating good television, he wants to take every dime from anyone attending his show.

If you go to a live show, you'll see that about 75% of the crowd has at least Cena's t-shirt. When you look at how much is bought at one show, they can conceivably make more from merch sales than from ticket sales. Especially when families come in and the kids want everything - the shirt, the blow-up hands, the hat, the wristbands, the dogtags, the list goes on. As an adult, if Cena turned heel, would you buy his wristbands, dogtags, etc? The majority of his fan base that would buy all his crap are children. If he turned heel, the most anybody would buy is his t-shirt. The kids, who provide more merch sales than anyone, wouldn't want his stuff anymore. It would be a hell of a blow. Vince know this, and that is why Cena won't turn heel. At least, not until there's a bigger face than him. I don't see that happening anytime soon.

As far as UT's streak goes, I don't even think it should be a younger star that breaks it. I'm sure that UT wouldn't have a problem losing anytime to anyone. From what I've heard, he's one of the most professional guys in the history of the business. It's just a matter of respect for one of the greatest stars in WWE history. If a younger guy beats him, and then decides he'd rather be an MMA fighter and walks out, then it was for nothing. And since Cena isn't turning heel, what's the point of having him win? He's already as over as he'll ever get. Better to let UT keep his record, something that no one else has ever done and will never do again.
    "What we've got is gonna turn your brain into shit!" - Jack Black

vCash
    Just to quote Mitch from a few pages back in his F4W newsletter roundup.

Quote Originally Posted by Mitchell View Post
    They're also more open to turning Cena heel than possibly ever before, although they understand the risks (merchandise sales may fall, the people who got into wrestling because of Cena may stop watching again, etc).

So yeah, its possible that Vince may now greenlight it. Virtually nothing in pro wrestling is set in stone.
    ¿¡Por qué no te callas!?

vCash
    At some point, Cena WILL turn heel. The best part about it (going along with the philosophy that a heel needs to believe he's in the right) is that there's a ready-made reason to "justify" a heel turn; the fans booing Cena no matter how much he did for them.
    No one knows what it's like
    To be the bad man
    To be the sad man
    Behind blue eyes
    And no one knows
    What it's like to be hated
    To be fated to telling only lies

vCash
    Cena will turn heel eventually. The money he makes has already put it off for years, but that alone as a reason not to wont hold out forever.

In the current climate, with the kiddy product and everything, and with nobody on Cena's level as a babyface yet, it doesnt make sense. But thats not to say it wont happen eventually, because it will.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jayfunk View Post
    no but then again I didn't think Edge, Orton, Dave, HBK, HHH or any one else who has made up this dull and predictable series of matches. But this year it would be worst if he wins then WWE should pack up shop and end for they would have no clue on wrestling if they did
    Excuse me? Excuse me? (Vickie Guerrero tribute there),but how exactly were any of the opponents you listed 'dull'?

Edge - world title match,arguably the best on the card that night and Edge was a great opponent for him due to their rivalry.

Randy Orton - back when he was the legend killer,this match genuinely could have gone either way as Orton would have benefitted tremendously from ending the streak.

Batista - The world title match which very few expected to be good,but ended up one of the better matches on the night...yes,very dull http://www.talkwrestlingonline.com/f...s/rolleyes.gif

HBK - Two of the most expertly-booked and anticipated matches in wrestling history and you refer to this too as dull and predictable?

Triple H - Possibly the man who had the best chance of ending the streak from a believable point of view,the pair of them had a very good match at Wrestlemania 17 which once again could have gone either way.

vCash
    So if it's probably going to be Undertaker v Sheamus in a title unification match, where does that leave Miz? Win the title at TLC and lose it at Elimination Chamber like Sheamus done last year?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GoldStandard View Post
    So if it's probably going to be Undertaker v Sheamus in a title unification match, where does that leave Miz? Win the title at TLC and lose it at Elimination Chamber like Sheamus done last year?
    Or Miz could keep his Money in the Bank shot (remember, it's for one year and he won it a few months after WrestleMania) and challenge someone after 'Mania.

Orrrrrrrrrrr, even better, Undertaker could win against Sheamus, Miz could then come out, cash in his MitB shot and defeat Undertaker at WrestleMania, ending the streak (but unoffically not ending it at the same time) and walk out of Atlanta the Undisputed Champion, living of his beating Undertaker at WrestleMania in the same way Jericho continues to use his victories over Austin and Rock in the same night to show how damn good he is.
    No one knows what it's like
    To be the bad man
    To be the sad man
    Behind blue eyes
    And no one knows
    What it's like to be hated
    To be fated to telling only lies

talent spotter
    vCash
    How many threads are made about the streak per year?

And I really doubt Sheamus will be the one chosen for such a big match. It'll be Orton, Cena or HHH for sure.

New Forum User
    vCash
    If a young guy was going to end the streak and get a decent boost from it at the moment I would say the Wade Barrett could be the guy, I think WWE have done a decent job with him so far.

I can't see the streak ending at all to be honest, I think it's going to be part of his legacy. How close to retirement is he? he's on 18-0 at the moment another year and a half wrestling to make it 20?

vCash
    Cena doesn't lose, Undertaker doesn't lose (well not at Wrestlemania). So Cena v Undertaker seems the obvious choice for Wrestlemania to me.
    Can't think of anything bigger really unless they got Sting or Goldberg for the event.

Thread Information