Talk Wrestling Online: Forum

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

vCash
    I think breaking the kayfabe streak would be a mistake; in a fake world, the streak is kind of realistic, even though it's entirely booked. If they did decide to break it, obviously it should be broken by a young up-and-comer who could then be pushed to the main events. Of course, that would make sense, so don't expect them to actually do it.
    Go here...and read stuff...

http://www.thewrestlingpress.com/

Christopher Hitchens, April 13th, 1949-December 15th, 2011. Hitchens was a great man, who taught many how to think, but not what to think.

vCash
    Wasting the streak as a way to push an up and comer doesnt work for me, because WWE simply are way too fickle these days and I have no doubt if they broke the streak on a young guy, if he didnt get over immediately, they would lose interest right away and the streak is wasted.

Use it on Cena, a proven and loyal guy who the fans would despise if he turned heel. All those little kids crying and burning their crappy Cena T-Shirts, it would be great.

Cena is the only option to kill the streak.

vCash
    100% agree with Belty. Could you imagin if they wasted the streak on Bobby Lashley for example!? What a waste that would have been.
    TWO Senior Moderator

¿¡Por qué no te callas!?

vCash
    There is no good reason to break the streak. As a show of respect to the Undertaker for being the star that he has been for all these years, letting him keep the streak is the right thing to do. If anyone does, it would have to be an future star, not a current one. Cena doesn't need to break the streak, and why are people still talking about him turning heel? It will never happen. NEVER. The only way it might happen is if his merch sales went way, way down. I can't see it happening in the near future or ever.
    "What we've got is gonna turn your brain into shit!" - Jack Black

vCash
    When the hell does merchandise become a massive factor with a turning a wrestler heel?

This isn't TNA, this is WWE. They can EASILY financially afford to allow his merchandise sales to take a nose-dive for sake of creating some decent television, which some of us (with respect to those who still enjoy todays product) have been waiting for at least three or four years.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sean Johnson View Post
    If anyone does, it would have to be an future star, not a current one.
    Other than the reasons we've given you're right. Shame about the reasons we've given then really.
    TWO Senior Moderator

¿¡Por qué no te callas!?

vCash
    Oh I agree Beltster, WWE would totally blow the whole streak-breaking-to-make-a-new-star notion, just saying that's how it should be done. Obviously they won't.
    Go here...and read stuff...

http://www.thewrestlingpress.com/

Christopher Hitchens, April 13th, 1949-December 15th, 2011. Hitchens was a great man, who taught many how to think, but not what to think.

vCash
    Undertaker will be defeated at least in his last match with WWE.
    If Taker tells Vince he's leaving after a Wrestlemania, then what good is the undefeated streak to WWE when Taker's gone? The only reason they're keeping the streak going is to build interest in Undertaker Wrestlemania matches, so if Taker's leaving then it's goodbye undefeated streak.

vCash
    There is no good reason to break the streak. As a show of respect to the Undertaker for being the star that he has been for all these years, letting him keep the streak is the right thing to do.
    What makes you think Taker even gives a shit about the streak? For all we know, he isnt a mark for himself or the stupid streak, he might not give a toss.

If anyone does, it would have to be an future star, not a current one.
    I just gave you a good reason why WWE blowing it on a rookie or an up-and-comer is a bad idea, what makes you think WWE would do a good job creatively of sticking with a new guy after he breaks the streak especially if he doesnt get over quickly?

Cena doesn't need to break the streak, and why are people still talking about him turning heel? It will never happen. NEVER. The only way it might happen is if his merch sales went way, way down. I can't see it happening in the near future or ever.
    What does selling T-Shirts have to do with anything?! For all the kids who stop buying babyface Cena shirts, adults and teen men would be buying heel Cena shirts, so what difference does it make? Hogan turned heel and sold more nWo shirts in 2 years than he sold Hulk Rules red and yellow shirts in 5 years!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The Beltster View Post
    Use it on Cena, a proven and loyal guy who the fans would despise if he turned heel. All those little kids crying and burning their crappy Cena T-Shirts, it would be great.

Cena is the only option to kill the streak.
    You touched on it later in the thread; Cena turning heel, especially in the manner I and a few others have said (cheating to end The Streak) would cement him as a heel straight away in the same manner as Hogan back in 1996. I could see it being almost a re-run of that moment, with the Cena fans being irate, the younger ones crying and the older ones going mental. If, after the 'Mania match, Cena got to cut a promo and/or milk the negative reaction, all the better.
    It will never happen. NEVER. The only way it might happen is if his merch sales went way, way down. I can't see it happening in the near future or ever.
    Make up your mind.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Beltster View Post
    What makes you think Taker even gives a shit about the streak? For all we know, he isnt a mark for himself or the stupid streak, he might not give a toss.
    Undertaker has offered to have it ended in the past at least once for Kane.
    www.transformersaredangerous.com

"The eye of the pyramid never blinks"

"And as the miserly, intolerant and unruly find their voice, God's wrath shall engulf all of his children in vengeful flame." - Revelations 27:15

Thread Information