Talk Wrestling Online: Forum

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 69
  1. #11
    Jayfunk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    in a hole under a tree
    Age
    31
    Posts
    12,520
    vCash
    682
    Why? I have at no stage been drawn into watching anything is has been trying to do, so to me he doesn't work and therefore have limited ability but then again its personal taste.

    It seems to me that the WWE are like Liverpool FC.

    Liverpool kept selling players and replacing them with increasingly shitter players. WWE had massive stars and each time one of them disappear then they are replaced by increasing shitter and less talented wrestlers until we are at the bottom of the pily when people like Miz and Sheamus are the hope of WWE. God help the industry!!!

  2. #12
    Senior Moderator Paul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Yorkshire
    Age
    33
    Posts
    36,303
    vCash
    300
    Quote Originally Posted by Jayfunk View Post
    Why? I have at no stage been drawn into watching anything is has been trying to do, so to me he doesn't work and therefore have limited ability but then again its personal taste.
    No wrestler entertains everybody, none at all. I agree, I dont like SOS, but im not blind to his talents.
    TWO Senior Moderator

    ¿¡Por qué no te callas!?

  3. #13
    Jayfunk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    in a hole under a tree
    Age
    31
    Posts
    12,520
    vCash
    682
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkstar View Post
    No wrestler entertains everybody, none at all. I agree, I dont like SOS, but im not blind to his talents.
    Surely rating ones talent is also subject to opinion?

    Sure he is a big guy who moves ok in the ring, but again this is taste, He is averge on the mic and average in the ring. I wouldn't say is a standard out apart from the fact that he needs a tan because he looks stupid.

    So to me he can't draw me in, in ring and mic work are average so I am confortable in my earlier statement he has limited ability nothing to do with being blind to his ability just don't think what ability he has is nothing to write home about

  4. #14
    Senior Moderator Paul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Yorkshire
    Age
    33
    Posts
    36,303
    vCash
    300
    Quote Originally Posted by Jayfunk View Post
    Surely rating ones talent is also subject to opinion?
    To a small degree. Enjoyment is the main and biggest opinion within an art form. Would I say Cezanne was a bad painter because I dont like his work? No. Certain people may even claim he has no talent just because they cant appreciate him. Those people would be close minded.

    And so it is with wrestling. If you cant see talent just because you dont liek someone then you are blinded.
    TWO Senior Moderator

    ¿¡Por qué no te callas!?

  5. #15
    The Beltster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Devon, England
    Posts
    20,824
    vCash
    500
    Who's SOS?

  6. #16
    Jayfunk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    in a hole under a tree
    Age
    31
    Posts
    12,520
    vCash
    682
    no I disagree. Because maybe they have limited talent but you may overrate him. its an opinion talent was go black and white then WWE would have all the best talent but they don't

  7. #17
    Senior Moderator Paul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Yorkshire
    Age
    33
    Posts
    36,303
    vCash
    300
    Quote Originally Posted by The Beltster View Post
    Who's SOS?
    Sorry, Sheamus O'Shaunessy. It was his indy name. I keep calling him it out of habit.
    TWO Senior Moderator

    ¿¡Por qué no te callas!?

  8. #18
    Frank Botch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Peoples Republic Of Cork
    Age
    26
    Posts
    2,284
    vCash
    500
    I remember watching SOS wrestle in front of like eighty people back in the day, and I said to my friend, this guy will be world champion one day. I could have met him too but I couldn't be bothered, his match sucked too (though it was IWW so that was a given). At least 3/4 of that story is true.

    EDIT: Well that post doesn't have any news in it, I thought this was the comment thread..
    Self pity and conceit are not wrong. Your mother was in error.

  9. #19
    DC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Damien Demento's house
    Age
    37
    Posts
    31,297
    vCash
    500
    Quote Originally Posted by Jayfunk View Post
    no but then again I didn't think Edge, Orton, Dave, HBK, HHH or any one else who has made up this dull and predictable series of matches.
    Predictable I'll give you, but Edge, Orton, Batista, HHH and HBK (x2) were not even close to being dull matches.
    www.transformersaredangerous.com

    "The eye of the pyramid never blinks"

    "And as the miserly, intolerant and unruly find their voice, God's wrath shall engulf all of his children in vengeful flame." - Revelations 27:15

  10. #20
    Senior Moderator Paul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Yorkshire
    Age
    33
    Posts
    36,303
    vCash
    300
    Didnt Jay once say that to him a predictable finish means a dull match?
    TWO Senior Moderator

    ¿¡Por qué no te callas!?

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •