Talk Wrestling Online: Forum

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

vCash

WrestleMania 27: The Undertaker vs Sheamus?

Give me love, give me freedom, give me DAVE MELTZER~!

-- The Wrestlemania plan as of now, which means it'll change tomorrow, is Undertaker vs. Sheamus in a title unification match, and Cena vs. Miz. They're also more open to turning Cena heel than possibly ever before, although they understand the risks (merchandise sales may fall, the people who got into wrestling because of Cena may stop watching again, etc).
    Last edited by Kam; 19-09-2010 at 11:48 AM.

vCash
    People who got into wrestling because of Cena may stop watching if turns heel?!

I don't believe a word of it.

If we are talking about people still taking wrestling as 'real' then I would think they will tune in MORE to see what has happened to the clean-cut hero they once adored.

It's no secret, I have been waiting for John Cena to turn heel since about 2005. They've somewhat missed the boat in my book for the best reaction to a heel turn but it will be good to see none the less.
    Last edited by JC; 15-09-2010 at 11:01 PM.

vCash
    They couldn't turn him just yet because his merch sales were consistantly the money-makers for the company. Turning him heel would hurt that considerably, baring in mind that his fanbase is young people who don't view wrestling like we do. Just because WE want to see a heel Cena, doesn't mean that anyone else does, which is a shame but just how it goes. And you only have to look at the Steve Austin heel turn of 2001 which pretty much kickstarted the downturn of the entire wrestling business to see why they would be iffy about turning their top star.

Luckily, because it's been going for nearly six years and finally they have Randy Orton stepping into the #1 face role, they don't have to worry so much any more. As long as Orton captures everyone's imagination and they build up one more big babyface name (Morrison? Pretty much essential to do so at this point) then it'll be more likely to finally happen.

vCash
    Undertaker vs. Sheamus
    Boy the streak will not end this year then the most predictable match of his streak.

but thinking of it WWE's piss poor booking they will drop it to him
    What Chocolate Bar does this wrestler look like.......

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jayfunk View Post
    Boy the streak will not end this year then the most predictable match of his streak.
    Yeah because you thought Albert or Mizark Henry were going to beat him?

vCash
    no but then again I didn't think Edge, Orton, Dave, HBK, HHH or any one else who has made up this dull and predictable series of matches. But this year it would be worst if he wins then WWE should pack up shop and end for they would have no clue on wrestling if they did

vCash
    That makes no sense. It would be perfectly fine if Sheamus defeated The Undertaker. I don't see how it wouldn't, or how it would kill the WWE. If anything, it would help it out big time.

vCash
    If you're honestly going to call the HBK vs Undertaker matches dull then you're a moron.

And I'd say Orton had the best chance of ending the steak and the only reason we're going off about how it was obvious that the streak didn't end then is because we're talking in retrospect.
    Keep in mind that what I've said is merely my opinion, but keep in mind that I'm always right.
    You'll be happy to know that 61 percent of the WWE Universe voters think the WWE Draft is better than the NFL, NBA, another major sports drafts. In related news, 61 percent of the WWE Universe voters are morons.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dante Spears View Post
    If you're honestly going to call the HBK vs Undertaker matches dull then you're a moron.

And I'd say Orton had the best chance of ending the steak and the only reason we're going off about how it was obvious that the streak didn't end then is because we're talking in retrospect.
    sigh... insults when will people learn they mean nothing on the INTERNET.

No Dante, I was referring the predictability of the results and thus this year would be even worst, I hopefully they will change it to Cena

That makes no sense. It would be perfectly fine if Sheamus defeated The Undertaker. I don't see how it wouldn't, or how it would kill the WWE. If anything, it would help it out big time.
    Yes it would be ok for someone with limited ability to beat Taker when others who could have been bigger stars off of the back of it didn't win such as orton who is ten times better than Sheamus. Face it Sheamus isn't the future WWE needs he is no star and IMHO never be much of one, he is just another on the long list of meh new stars add miz to that list as well
    Last edited by Jayfunk; 17-09-2010 at 04:57 PM.

vCash
    I dont like SOS, never did, but he is a very talented wrestler. If you think he has no (or limited) talent then you really dont understand pro wrestling at all.
    ¿¡Por qué no te callas!?

Thread Information