Talk Wrestling Online: Forum

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

vCash

How much is the Rock worth?

Recently Iíve been thinking about the impact of the past stars on the WWE and how, without them, the company has slowly gone down. It makes you think how are WWE going to cope when superstars like the Undertaker, HBK, Y2J and HHH finally step down?

This brought me to thinking about the value of the Rock now. Clearly he is enjoying making films and is having a lot of success. Whatever he says, I still believe that he will be back in the WWE at some point which leads to the question, how much will it cost? He now had mainstream media standing and is respected for his film success so how much should Vince McMahon be willing to spend on bringing back possible his biggest ever star, even if it is only short term?

Floyd Maywhether was paid something around the $4 million while Mike Tyson got about $3 million. What would the Rock be worth for a couple of months build up to WrestleMania? If announced that he was appearing at No Way Out the buy rate would almost defiantly grow as would Mania but who would he face? What do people think?
    Dragon Gate British Invasion - Best Show Ever

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ReyChampion View Post

Floyd Maywhether was paid something around the $4 million while Mike Tyson got about $3 million.
    I thought Mayweather got nearer $20m and Tyson around $5m?

As for The Rock, I don't think he'd come back...but if he did it would only be for a short program (No Way Out to Wrestlemania as you say) and he'd probably ask for (and get) around $12-$15m.

vCash
    The Rock will never get back in the ring, there is always the "you can never say never" thing but I am saying it right now, The Rock will never wrestle for WWE again simple as that.

Even if his movie career went tits up he has made so much money from his movies that he need never worry about it again, so has no incentive to go back to WWE other then his own desire to wrestle which he has shown time and again he has none. WWE has tried to bait him into comming back for a one off with Cena and he has laughed it off, he has even dropped the name 'The Rock' to sever all ties with his past, even when he did a link for Raw a while back he refered to himself as DJ and that was filmed rarther then him turning up to do it live.

Everything points to him not going back to wrestling and to be honest I can't blame him, all the good work he has done lifting himself above wrestling would be undone if he ever went back

vCash
    It makes you think how are WWE going to cope when superstars like the Undertaker, HBK, Y2J and HHH finally step down?
    The same thing was said about Bruno, Backlund, Hogan, etc and the company (eventually) made new stars. There is glimmers of this happening now (Miz, Morrison, Bourne, Swagger, etc), so it's not all lost. And for those who think "Hmmm, none of them will ever headline a PPV", I ask you to cast your minds back to 1989 and wonder how many people honestly expected Shawn Micheals and Bret Hart to become main event talents or, even further back, that Sterling Golden would become the hottest thing the wrestling business ever saw.
    No one knows what it's like
    To be the bad man
    To be the sad man
    Behind blue eyes
    And no one knows
    What it's like to be hated
    To be fated to telling only lies

vCash
    Same can be said about Rocky Maivia as those two you named DC, when he first came in I would never have guessed he would go on to be such a HUGE star both in and out of the ring

vCash
    So true.

vCash
    Floyd Maywhether was paid something around the $4 million while Mike Tyson got about $3 million. What would the Rock be worth for a couple of months build up to WrestleMania? If announced that he was appearing at No Way Out the buy rate would almost defiantly grow as would Mania but who would he face? What do people think?
    Vince could afford to pay Mayweather and Tyson that amount because them 2 celebs attracted their fans and many other people to buy the PPV and gain interest in WWE that usually wouldn't watch it at all..
    Most of The Rock's fans are wrestling fans already so putting him in a PPV match wouldn't make the company as much as say Tyson or Mayweather...
    It's all about profits

New Forum User
    vCash
    The Rock doesn't exist anymore. Dwayne Johnson will never step into the ring again. Simple as that in my opinion. But I wish that he would, really I do. Rock v Orton would simply be one of the best things ever in Wrestling history if it were done right.

And, lets say that Vince could convince him to come back for a short period, I think even for three or four months you're looking somewhere in the financial region of about 20 mill.

vCash
    If the Rock came back I don't think it would be for monetary gain, it would be to please his fans. He doesn't need the money, he's making more than enough making movies.

But as Nem says, I don't think you'll ever see him back in the ring. If he does come back for any reason, it will be a case of the WWE needing him more than he needs them.
    I'm a bit of a b*llshitter myself but occasionally enjoy listening to an expert. Please carry on.

"Treat everyone the same until you find out they're an idiot."

A rose by any other name, is just a pr*ck in a bush.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Fiona View Post
    If the Rock came back I don't think it would be for monetary gain, it would be to please his fans. He doesn't need the money, he's making more than enough making movies.
    Exactly, WWE have tried to get him back in the ring and he is having none of it. He knows how valuable it is to be seen as popular by the main stream and i'm afraid that WWE and other wrestling companies are still looked down on, and anyone involved in them are too.

Thread Information