Talk Wrestling Online: Forum

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

vCash
    Also NE back in the 1970's there wasn't the whole radio system which they have now a days so they would have found out at the end of the race like Laff said with Senna
    Messenger bags owe Jack Bauer for single-handedly stealing them from the clutches of emo fashion and making them genuinely cool. Same thing with hoodies. And crying

Thank You Jericho for you have saved me from the Evil of HBK. Thank you Chris

vCash
    Yeah I guess, it just seemed strange to me that with all the people on the track side I would have thought they would have known to slow down atleast, then again back in the 70's there wasn't all the safety rules there is now as the incident itself proved

vCash
    I must be one sadistic mofo, because that didnt make me flinch one bit...

vCash
    Yep. Tom Pryce, member of the "Lost Generation" of British F1 drivers of that era. Roger Williamson, Tony Brise, Tom Pryce. Personally, the one that scares me most out of the three (and second most all time of F1 deaths), is Williamson. Crashes during a race, and his car is upside-down on the track and catches flame. Fellow driver David Purley stops his own race to run and try to help him, but the marshalls (who weren't given flame retardent clothes) could only stand by and watch as Purley, and Williamson from inside the car screamed for help. People in the stands have said they heard his cries.

Many, many dark days in the sport.

NE when Senna died the drivers kept racing no one knew how bad it was until the end.
    Anyone who saw it as it happened (Schumacher), or just worked out in their head where he had crashed and how fast he was probably going, and then add on the fact that Roland had died and Rubens had been seriously injured at that same corner that same weekend (Senna had a Polish flag in his car as he planned on winning and dedicating the win to Roland), if they really wanted to think about it, they would've known it was something serious. But, at such a time, I doubt anyone would've even wanted to.
    Resident King of the Burbs: Fidel Cashflow

Look up in the sky,
    See that I’m everywhere,
    Everywhere,
    Shining down on you

vCash
    I remember at the time of senna's death thinking why aren't they showing the racing, why are we not moving from the crash site it did not cross my mind untill about 20 mins later that he had died i cried so much at that race.
    You have been weighed, you have been measured, and you have been found wanting.

"This day is called the feast of Crispian:
    He that outlives this day, and comes safe home,
    Will stand a tip-toe when the day is named,
    And rouse him at the name of Crispian.'

We're here and we're taking over!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MG View Post
    I must be one sadistic mofo, because that didnt make me flinch one bit...
    Same.

Although, I watched without sound, so that may of helped.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by lafdugga View Post
    I remember at the time of senna's death thinking why aren't they showing the racing, why are we not moving from the crash site it did not cross my mind untill about 20 mins later that he had died i cried so much at that race.
    The thing I will never get out of my mind was seeing the crash and thinking "man that was a big one - Senna will be furious to lose another one" I think prior to Imola weekend F1 had a kind of invincibility about it for a number of years - so Ratzenberger had been a real shock, and no-one contemplated it happening again - especially to Ayrton Senna - Ayrton Senna for God's sake!

BBC handled it very sensitively, I've seen footage from other countries TV where the helicopter broadcast every detail of the rescue and resuscitation attempts - the bloodstains on the gravel etc. BBC didn't, they cut away and showed replays of the impact.

I remember it was after the race that I learned the accident had been fatal, the BBC globe came on (TV Station ident) and a voice announced "Following a crash at the San Marino Grand Prix, we can confirm that Ayrton Senna is clinically dead"
    I'm a Daddy - Amy-Rose born on 23rd December 2010

vCash
    I have heard of this in the past but till now never seen it. I have never felt so much pain whilst watching it.

vCash
    The Pryce crash is pretty gruesome.

I always found the Ratzenberger crash pretty hard to watch, i think it's the fact that you can see he's just limp in the car.

This one happened at the Fuji speedway in Japan, fortunatly no one died during the accident but it's scary as hell.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wS2k0JbOpDQ&NR=1

This video is after the crash when they have pulled Tetsuya Ota from the car.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KVqNO6q5f0E&NR=1
    Sports Forum Leader: Sports Forum

Facebook ~ Twitter

vCash
    I can't understand why anyone would want to watch someone die like that. The likes of the Ota crash is different though, it's scary but it's not so bad as he got out, bet he was sore in the morning after it though... for a month. IMO the 'best' F1 crash was Alexander Wertz (SP?) in the Monaco tunnel when he took both front wheels off but the in car replay showed him still trying to turn the car.
    We live in a world where we have to hide to make love, but violence is practiced in broad daylight.
    John Lennon

“There is a rumor going around that I have found God. I think this is unlikely because I have enough difficulty finding my keys, and there is empirical evidence that they exist."
    Sir Terry Pratchett

Inside every cynical person, there is a disappointed idealist.

Thread Information